1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Event The Annihilation Spring 2018 Tournament - Brackets

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Murgatron, Feb 27, 2018.

Event - The Annihilation Spring 2018 Tournament - Brackets | Page 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Hello everyone,

Sadly today we have had to disqualify Team Turkish.

This was due to the Bug Abuse of YusufSelim today in the Quarter Final match (caught on livestream) and the subsequent ban evasion by using the account HowtoQuickdrop.

Both are considered to be against the spirit of the tournament and against Shotbow Rules. As per the rules of the Tournament:

Whilst this course of action is regrettable we feel it was the only way to ensure the integrity of the Tournament going forward.

2. Horst_Frank Regular Member

XP:
    31,895xp
    That means DOORS are the Leaders of the Nexus-Dmg-Wildcard (for now)? cool :D
  3. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    OH MY! MINER LEGEND IS BACK BABY
    Horst_Frank likes this.
  4. HowToQuickDrop Gold

XP:
    41,425xp
    we shouldnt be DQd cause of a bug. If its a bug then fix it Lmao?
  5. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,119xp
    The tournament was fun. I believe that Team Turkish members did very good job, even with lag, unlucky things while they are buggy etc. To be honest, with this tournament Team Turkish showed that it is one of the best Shotbow clans and i am proud for it.
    Good luck to other teams. Huge thanks for Shotbow staffs organizing the tournament, and the community who supported us and my clan members.
  6. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    Abuse is abuse
    Kerb___, Camarum and LegendaryAlex like this.
  7. WWII Platinum

XP:
    76xp
    Ha, get rid of my comment saying that Murg is publicly shaming him, shows rules only apply to the "peasants" of the server
    LegendaryDucc likes this.
  8. FixGoldNameTag Obsidian

XP:
    3,750xp
    I'm fairly certain Yusuf publicly shamed himself by bug abusing on a public livestream long before murgatron said anything about it
    LegendaryDucc likes this.
  9. WWII Platinum

XP:
    76xp
    It is still public shaming, and against the server rules
  10. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    It isn't.

Player based public shaming of cheaters is removed as it has no place on the forums and should be reported and left alone.

What this is, is an explanation of why a team cannot continue in the tournament

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  11. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Hi WWII,

Allow me to clarify what we consider public shaming on Shotbow.

Public shaming is the naming of players for acts that are considered against the rules or the spirit of the game. Typically such shaming is done by text posts that name a player with no evidence to back it up. This means that a players reputation can be damaged by mere rumour and gossip, something that we are keen to keep at bay to ensure everyone is treated fairly - innocent until proven guilty.

Even if evidence is presented in a public forum of a player breaking the rules this is still considered public shaming. This is due to how we process our Player Reports on Shotbow - we consider it a private and internal matter between staff and the player accused. Hence why the RAP forum is private and decisions are taken in private - we do not do mob justice!

The situation above is slightly different. The Tournament is an official Shotbow event and as such it is important to be public and transparent about the what's going on with it. As such the disqualification of a team requires addressing and the reasons laid bare for all to see. The incident in question was caught on the official public livestream and the action taken for the incident was by an member of staff in line with administrative policy for Annihilation.

Hope that clarifies matters :)
  12. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Can someone give me some timestamps where that yellow guy was underground for hours?
    Edit: I found 1 mention at 58 minutes, I need the first mention though D;
    Edit 2: GOT IT S-S-S-SLAM DUNK!
  13. TheAlmightyVance Regular Member

XP:
    25,639xp
    Whoever is running the tournament is an idiot. First off, it's been months since the tournament started. Also, while the server IP is US.shotbow.net, the tournament times are in favor of the Japanese. Our torunament will be starting at 8 AM EDT which is 5 am for our team members who live in the west coast.

Nice going Shotbow. Might aswell change the IP to JP.Shotbow.net
  14. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

We have a lot more Japanese entrants to the tournament than US entrants. Match times are dictated by the time that is agreeable to the majority of participating clans in the match.
  15. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    That's still not an excuse. Nobody ain't gonna play this game at 5 am.
  16. JonnyDvE Jr. Developer

XP:
    2,426,906xp
    If they cared about the time, why didn´t they ask them to change it, the games are set to date and time by the players, not the admins. I would know who to blame here... (not the admins btw.)
  17. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,119xp
    Maybe they asked.
  18. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    Navarr JUST said that the majority chooses. No matter what, even if one team asks, they wont get it.
  19. WWII Platinum

XP:
    76xp
    I don't understand anything about shotbow's thinking process through the whole tournament, on one had you had it so a team got a second chance to make the game "fair" and on the other had you have shotbow making a game at a time so one team can't make it to it, giving the single team a disadvantage. It is really hard to understand if they want the game fair or not.

On a second note, why couldn't the times be reversed to 9am JST and 8pm EDT, that way nobody needs to wake up a some absurd hour to play minecraft.
    ACringyWeeb and Goliac like this.
  20. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Hi TheAlmightyVance,

Indeed the tournament has been running much longer than we anticipated, there are few reasons for this:

1. We encountered a crash bug during match 3. This meant that match 3 and 4 both had to be rescheduled. Despite our best efforts to track down the bug we were unsuccessful and so we implemented a method to recover a match. This delayed us by 1 week.
    2. Whilst we had 2 quarter final matches ready to go (team wise) we decided to announce the map only when ALL quarter final teams had been finalised. This delayed us around 2-3 weeks due to the first point and because it exacerbated point 3....
    3. Trying to get all 4 teams in each quarter final to agree on a match date. Sadly for many players May represents the exam period so we had to allow teams some extra time to be ready. Complicating that is timezones.
    Could we have been more pushy with the teams to get a date? Maybe, but at the end of the day this is for the enjoyment of the players, I don't want to spoil this for them!! :stuck_out_tongue:

As Navarr mentioned above the vast majority of team entries are Japanese and as such we have to try find playtimes suitable for both teams. Allow me to share the private group discussion:

Your team leader responded to this request with:

So if you have an issue with your match start time I suggest you take it up with your clan leader.

Bit harsh o_O considering the amount of time we have sank into this as a staff team from a development and administrative standpoint it's also quite hurtful. Maybe we should take on your last point and just remove your team entirely and just have only JP clans?

Hasenfuss, Nikogab22, Mistri and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.