1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Wasted in the Coming Year Part III

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by Robertthegoat, May 30, 2017.

Wasted in the Coming Year Part III | Page 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Let's assume for a minute that I'm pulling everyone's leg, Wasted isn't returning, and its all a big lie. I'll choose the Fall 2015 testing of Control as an arbitrary point to start with. Firstly, I supporting within the team bring Control back onto the table as a gamemode offering. When it was announced, we found, unfortunately, important assets like the original map and classes were lost. I spent weeks afterwards both building a new map and doing extensive research to restore the original classes, the emphasis being that players who originally purchased classes way back when would still have those purchases honored. When a working version was made, I devoted my time to learning how the systems work to setup maps and optimize it for gameplay. I would spend a couple hours of my time usually twice a week and sometimes more hosting play tests and collecting extensive feedback to shape how development would proceed. Development eventually stopped when other projects took priority. Around that time, I began devoting extensive time and energy into joining development so that I could help support Wasted's development directly. And while other projects have taken precedence in between, I have not, at any time, placed on my personal agenda anything higher than Wasted.

What's the point of throwing all this on here? If Wasted is not going to happen, then I have Wasted at least two years of my time to troll a few players on Shotbow's forums. Doesn't really add up, does it?

2. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    haha good pun

but for real,
    In my opinion, they should work on other things like, lag, current gamemodes etc instead of getting a new gamemode. As you can see right now, Ghostcraft usually has 0 people average, maybe up to 10 on Saturdays and literally everyone wanted Gc back but now... Wasted could have a bigger fan-base since it's pretty cool, but still im not sure. I mean there could be a couple of admins working on that, another couple working on other things etc.

EDIT: Robert, if your favorite thing to do is Wasted, go for it, i'm just saying that there are other situations that could be fixed as well. Sorry if you got the wrong message :stuck_out_tongue:
  3. JanHaffa Regular Member

XP:
    20,041xp
    it's taking a very long time to release again, can't you just use the old files? thats what we all loved anyways
  4. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    I will reiterate that the immediate driving force behind this whole project was rooted in the original Wasted code being broken and obsolete. We prefer to update to a fresher and more dynamic code base that will not be so prone to breakage, nor restrictive to updating. We would otherwise be wasting resources trying to patch together a system that did not work properly even on a 1.8 base. The game and community deserves better than that.
  5. JanHaffa Regular Member

XP:
    20,041xp
    can you give a rough estimate of time?
  6. Herobrice Regular Member

XP:
    6,640xp
    Yes, time... That is one of the things that irritates me the most. I used to play on a craptop with a max of 30 fps average 15 in Minecraft, Wasted was my favourite gamemode with god knows how many hours. It was also the only gamemode I had spent money on, I loved it so much, multiple friends. And then when wasted vanished I lost all contact with them, and I wanted to return to Minecraft yet again and without wasted there is just hardly any reason. I want to come back to Minecraft specifically for wasted and yes that may sound crazy. But im impatient and I don't understand how broken programming could take this long. I have noticed the community has lowered (not just because of Minecraft's popularity) but the shotbow network's prized possession (wasted), at least that's what I believe. I do program myself and I would come across errors, but taking this long is questionable. Plus, spending money in something just to watch it vanish is very disappointing to see... Give us a time estimate, and then your community could decide if we would wait, or simply (I) would loose my interests in Minecraft for another few years...
  7. Surfdog1 Regular Member

XP:
    24,023xp

do you think wasted will be done by this fall?
  8. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    I have reached Spring Break at long last. But, Spring Break will not be a break. We have much work to do, and will be verrry busy... Hope to post teases in the coming two months!
  9. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    Those teasers better have jetpacks that aren’t completely nerfed
  10. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    Also, after control is released, how long do you think it will take for the original mode to be released?
  11. Magma_nube Platinum

XP:
    87,404xp
    Thank you @Robertthegoat so very much for working so hard and long on a great gamemode (one of Shotbow's best) for us - an ungrateful and impatient community. I am exited to see what the fruits of your labors bring to the gamemode :)
    TomDreadCraft and ForgottenDevil like this.
  12. TomDreadCraft Regular Member

XP:
    8,043xp
    I agree, but you can't tell me it hasn't taken longer than it should have
  13. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    I would be the first to say indeed, it has. Multiple infrastructure priorities have popped up over the course of the past couple years and demanded precedence. Its hard to see the benefit now, but the improvements will help improve stability and maintainability.
  14. PurplePugs Gold

XP:
    18,261xp
    Anything you can show us right now Robert I am excited for wasted to come back
  15. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    In effort to be transparent, I must admit, I am assisting another team on a different project at the moment. I am afraid, again, the project is on a short hold. We're hoping to resume work around early to mid May. I will post an update in a few weeks.
    DutchSurvivor and Mistri like this.
  16. beezyo Regular Member

XP:
    3,145xp
    Sad.
  17. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    Sad that he's helping the network grow by assisting in the development of other gamemodes? Or, sad that he's being truthful and candid about Wasted's development, and giving reasonable timelines as to when progress will be resumed? What's really sad is how ungrateful some people are towards the hard work developers put into making these gamemodes, not to mention that they're taking time out of their lives to work on projects that they aren't even being paid for.

I hope you get dicked in the ass by a sea urchin
  18. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    WHAT IS THIS BLACK MAGIC?!
    Ktrompfl and 323465963 like this.
  19. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    Haha, got that future player good.

/s/
  20. beezyo Regular Member

XP:
    3,145xp
    Sad that its being delayed by years and Im sure the developers arent happy about it either. But if you are happy about it sure keep it up
    TomDreadCraft and HungerHealer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.