1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Wooden logs - What's the point?

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Jarool, Jan 29, 2018.

Suggestion - Wooden logs - What's the point?
  1. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    TL;DR at the bottom (for the lazy).

As we know, in the last update, we obtained the ability to right-click logs to turn them into 4 planks each (right-click a stack of logs for all your planks!). But, if we can right-click logs to turn them into planks, I don't really see any point to obtain logs in the first place.

Logs, for the most part, are completely useless. You can't craft anything with them and you can't place them. The only possible reason to want logs is if you want to make charcoal. But, with an endless supply of coal (coal mine or Miner), there's really no reason to make charcoal.

Instead, what I propose (if it's possible) is that, when we break a wood log, it instantly gives us 4 wooden planks. This completely removes the extra step. It doesn't really make crafting things faster, but the amount of times I've forgot I can right-click the logs means I'm doing that extra crafting step most of the time anyways (which is annoying).

Now, one argument that could be made is that 'logs hold less space since they're compact', which, firstly, why are you hoarding so many logs? And secondly, it's very rare that you'll ever need to manage inventory space when grabbing wood, unless you're making 10000 arrows, but I doubt you do... and you're usually grabbing a small amount to make tools and such, unless you're building something, but you'll usually make enough space anyways.

Seriously, there's just no point in that extra step since logs are completely useless in almost everything. Seriously, down with logs!

TL;DR Just give us 4 planks of wood whenever we break a wood log instead of the log itself.

2. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    Honestly, logs are very compact. Good for when I am building a wall or building mini bases all around enemy territory.

That's the only reason I got and it is honestly a viable reason.
    Diamond_Hunter49 likes this.
  3. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    I find it frivolous to focus on this topic any more. Right clicking logs saves ~20 seconds on my personal best gearing speed. Making it do so instantly wouldn't change this.
    Diamond_Hunter49 likes this.
  4. Tdiaz5 Silver

XP:
    76,623xp
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. This sounds like a nice quality of life improvement, and it removes some redundancy, and I think that it will have more of an impact than expected. Also, I can only imagine from a programming standpoint that this is very easy to implement.
    +1