1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Overgrown Tomb Revamp

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Tatre, Jan 26, 2018.

Suggestion - Overgrown Tomb Revamp
  1. Tatre Retired Staff

XP:
    15,226xp
    So at the current moment, overgrown tomb is a little lackluster. To loot it fully you need a ton of buttons and some of the puzzles feel a bit lame and could use some revamping. I think it would be cool if overgrown tomb became sort of a mini dungeon hub - a place where you can go to use a button and do a small trial to get a little bit of dungeon loot, such as a health chest or a supply chest. A good example of what I would like is the current "Green White and Black" tomb, which has a small puzzle with a health_medium as a reward. If every button room had something like this, it could even become a place that you could go to in order to practice your dungeon skills. Small zombie, parkour, and puzzle trials in exchange for a button would make this a unique place that would actually have more of a purpose aside from the rod of reclamation, which is kind of obsolete with the new eye of darkness. An example of chests that would be cool to see (as well as giving it more of a dungeon feel) would simply be to add health_uncommons, supply_uncommons or supply_rares and combat_uncommons. Harder trials could also keep a room_uncommon to go with the dungeon loot. Overall this change would make overgrown tomb a much more interesting place that could attract aspiring dungeoneers!

2. Benjamaster7 Regular Member

XP:
    159,061xp
    I've always wanted to see a mini trial that was just a single triple neo. Oh and you have to do it again to get back.
    zackcolejost likes this.
  3. Sevadra Gold

XP:
    9,286xp
    While something as extreme as that highly degrades the worth of the location because of unnecessary skill barriers, Maybe lower it to a double neo with momentum and maybe then it would be ok? Probably not still because skill barriers still, but regardless of that:

I do see how Overgrown feels generally useless as a location entirely, and not only with a revamp should loot get changed, but I think the build and the various crypts should be reimagined for a more fresh look on the map, and for fresh interest of the location.
  4. shrauger Regular Member

XP:
    691,268xp
    I would definitely love to see overgrown tomb have more rooms with purpose, something for newer players to practice with. I think the button requirement would discourage people from coming, however that would limit the PvP there as well.
  5. Fridge2177 Retired Staff

XP:
    269,370xp
    I agree, Overgrown needs something to be considered a dungeon. I dont think Ive ever been in long enough to even look around before
    zackcolejost likes this.
  6. IvanDoomy Retired Staff

XP:
    578,128xp
    For such an important location wtih lore books, references and the mechanic of solving mini-puzzles to get a reward it looks really left out, and the fact you need probably as much buttons to loot this place as Byesford Labs really puts me off coming here. The only reason you'll ever go there is if you're bored and have 5+ buttons.
    Giving it mini-trials and more challenges while also changing the loot would really help this location get some notice again.