1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question ANNIALATION --- COASTAL

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by MetaliDuk, Jan 9, 2018.

Question - ANNIALATION --- COASTAL | Page 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 134891949 Regular Member

XP:
    223,881xp

I wonder what happens next year to shotbow's playerbase which might affect anni matches. Shotbow isn't dead but dying since there's still like a few hundred on this server.

2. TheAlmightyVance Regular Member

XP:
    25,639xp
    If you watch for example, Villages is picked it doesn't really fill up. Once Coastal is up for voting many leave the Villages map to play Coastal. Coastal is the most popular map, they could at least bump up the percent it is chosen to be voted for. I'm astonished that Shotbow still hasn't figured this out.
  3. ment0l66 Emerald

XP:
    575,309xp
    What happens when you eat pizza every day for 4 weeks straight? You stop liking pizza.

The same principle applies here. If Coastal would become (one of) the only map(s) in the game people would stop playing it because it gets repetitive. Coastal NEEDS the other maps to keep it's popularity.
    Diamond_Hunter49 likes this.
  4. TheAlmightyVance Regular Member

XP:
    25,639xp
    That's not what happened when Coastal was the only map (or later on, Skylands and a few others were added). They keep adding a bunch of maps which aren't needed.
  5. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Okay I give up
  6. ment0l66 Emerald

XP:
    575,309xp
    Because there was no alternative. People didn't know any other maps because they didn't exist so ofcourse coastal was the most popular map. It's basically Annihilation's trademark map, but that doesn't mean it should get speciap treatment. Also, back then the game was pretty new and everybody wanted to try it out. And btw, until recently the community voted for which maps got added and which did not, so it is not "they" who "keep adding a bunch of maps which aren't needed", but "us".
  7. TheAlmightyVance Regular Member

XP:
    25,639xp
    Because it's true, just accept the facts.
  8. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    At the same time literally all the players (old and new) would know that what you're saying is ridiculous.
    But yeah facts, totally not an opinion. Do you even know what facts are? Something isn't a fact just cause you say so.
  9. TheAlmightyVance Regular Member

XP:
    25,639xp
    Just literally took 8 hours for a Coastal map to appear, GG Shotbow. Me and others wait all day for it in the lobby, so sad Shotbow..
  10. Litnetti Emerald

XP:
    129,775xp
    so like shotbow does this thing where they put OTHER maps in rotation

and you can like still play full games on these OTHER maps

and its pretty cool because you might like these OTHER maps

don't gotta be so short-sighted lol
  11. TheAlmightyVance Regular Member

XP:
    25,639xp
    But no one plays those map seriously, and they don't fill up as much as Coastal. Also, I've rarely seen actual defense structures except in Coastal. People want Coastal, in fact I was waiting in the anni lobby for 8 hours with no Coastal (tons of other crappy maps kept on popping up). There were also others waiting just about the same time as me.
  12. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    There are other great maps you know canyon and coastal aren't the only ones.
  13. anniPARERA Obsidian

XP:
    187,829xp
    Ikr we have Canyon 2.0 and coastal 2.0 great maps
    Avqlon and Hingey like this.
  14. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Hell yeah. Dont forget about HoHocoastal or or!!! Goastal oh oh and yeah Canstal! or or Skystal omg! Skystal dont leave out that beauty. Dont forget Dark Coastal though that one is Completely unique!
    There are plenty of great maps is waiting to be played made by players who love this game in build submissions lets move on find new ways to play. Take prairie for example. https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/prairie.382807/
  15. Galap Developer

XP:
    2,169,215xp

Glad to see someone appreciating the beauty that is Skystal, I spent a lot of time on that! :wink:

If you check out our twitter, you'll see that we're always play testing new maps! We love community maps!
  16. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Cmon, give Sevy some credit :wink:
    ACrispyTortilla and Galap like this.
  17. anniPARERA Obsidian

XP:
    187,829xp
    Skystal is defitnelly my favorite map (no sarcasm this time)
  18. Tuv_ Platinum

XP:
    27,275xp

What happens when your pizzeria is empty? Because that is what is happening right now. I love anni but these new maps are not good i am lucky to find a coastal or andorra game and I don't want to keep afking to find a open game.
    TheAlmightyVance likes this.
  19. TheAlmightyVance Regular Member

XP:
    25,639xp
    Thanks for your useless input, typical Shotbow not carrying about the community. Just ignore the problem I see. Coastal is never chosen in the voting, it's rarely chosen a day. It's the most popular map in the game (only game where people wait hours in the lobby for btw) and it fills up more than any other map. Oh, and how come people only defend and build defense on Coastal? Face it, Coastal is the best. Only reason why people on here are saying Coastal is terrible because everyone who likes Coastal is gone because of crappy Shotbow server management. It's the truth, and just accept it. Sorry Shotbow is careless, perhaps that's why their player count went from 10k a day to 200.
  20. ment0l66 Emerald

XP:
    575,309xp
    I don't think insulting the staff is the way to do things mate.

None of us ever said that Coastal in terrible, we've only given our 2 cents on why we think the map pool should stay as it is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.