1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion The Staff Situation..

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Crustations, Jan 1, 2018.

Discussion - The Staff Situation..
  1. Crustations Platinum

XP:
    70,741xp
    Early US Mornings and sometimes late US Nights, there are no staff on Annihilation, with loads of cheaters ruining other peoples games. I've gotten upset a lot of times when I work for a nice set, sword, and maybe a few pots, all to just die to someone B-Hopping and KA'ing. Please open applications back up soon, for the better of the gamemode.
    Maashg, Hingey, WWII and 7 others like this.

2. ment0l66 Emerald

XP:
    575,309xp
    Early US mornings = EU afternoon, so this can be partially solved by accepting more European staff members.

Also, "Early US morning" & "Late US evening" are pretty relative terms for saying what time it is.

Is it 7AM? 9AM?

Is it 9PM? 11:30PM?
    Ninkz likes this.
  3. Crustations Platinum

XP:
    70,741xp
    Doesn't have to necessarily be EU's at all, but im referring to around 6-9am EST - 9pm-12am EST.
  4. ___Mika Guest

XP:
    xp
    Shotbow is not the same since 1.9 update.
    pokeminer9999 and sandstoner like this.
  5. KounterattacK Gold

XP:
    139,335xp
    "Im sorry, but we will not be opening applications at this time..."
    AnniMaster, Hingey and ___Mika___ like this.
  6. Diamond_Hunter49 Gold

XP:
    75,047xp
    It makes logical sense to have a good amount of trustworthy mini admins/moderators that are active on the servers to help take care of hackers and such. If some of the more notable members were to become staff then it would take some of the load off of the current admins and it would make the community feel like we're more involved. There are plenty of people on this website that could be a great addition to the current staff team. Although it might take a good amount of time to train people to become staff members, I'm sure that the effort would be worth it in the long run because, as I already said, it would take some of the load off of the current admins. Also, sometimes it is very obvious that a person is hacking and it's just plain frustrating and disappointing when a person is flying around and nothing can be done about it because there are no staff members online. :(
  7. ment0l66 Emerald

XP:
    575,309xp
    It wouldn't make the community involved. It would make the community think that you have to be a 300$ donator or that you have to have a youtube channel with atleast 10k subscribers. Just because someone is well-known in a community doesn't make him a good candidate for a staff position.
  8. Crustations Platinum

XP:
    70,741xp
    It doesn't take long at all for someone who knows what they are doing to learn their way, especially if they have been playing Shotbow for 5+ Years. Also being a "Notable Member" isn't something that grants you staff. Skill and Experience do.
    /(|
    ( :
    __\ \ _____
    (____) `|
    (____)| |
    (____).__|
    (___)__.|_____
  9. Diamond_Hunter49 Gold

XP:
    75,047xp
    Please use the reply button next time so that I know you're talking to me.. :confused:
    I did not mean being well-known instantly makes you eligible to become staff and I apologize that my post came across that way.

I understand that being a "notable member" does not grant you staff. However, I think you misunderstand the exact definition of "notable". It does not mean you are well-known necessarily, but it means: "worth of attention or notice." By "notable," I was meaning people of the community that are staff material: they have experience with being a staff member, they are responsible, they are mature, they are intelligent, and they are trustworthy. I did not mean that you have to be well-known to become a staff member; you really don't have to be known at all. However, if a person is well-known in addition to being staff material and they become a staff member, then that would show that the current staff are listening to us and therefore make the community feel more involved.
    Also, just because a person has played Shotbow for a long time that does not mean they are instantly qualified either. I've never been a part of server administration before, and although I've been on Shotbow for more than 4 years I do not believe at all that that makes me qualified.

The only point that I was attempting to make in what I wrote before (which I apparently failed at based on your response as well as Avqlon's) is that staff should open applications so that we have less hackers. If I remove the only two sentences that you are talking about and add one sentence, then my post would read this and would more clearly show what I was trying to say:

"It makes logical sense to have a good amount of trustworthy mini admins/moderators that are active on the servers to help take care of hackers and such. Although it might take a good amount of time to train people to become staff members, I'm sure that the effort would be worth it in the long run because, as I already said, it would take some of the load off of the current admins. Also, sometimes it is very obvious that a person is hacking and it's just plain frustrating and disappointing when a person is flying around and nothing can be done about it because there are no staff members online. :( Please open up applications soon."

I hope that clears up some of the confusion..
  10. Crustations Platinum

XP:
    70,741xp
    Agree with everything but when you said that playing on Shotbow for 4 years doesn't make you qualified.w I'd argue that it does, because it shows HUGE amounts of dedication toward the server and its playerbase, as well as showing that you know what Shotbow is, how it starting, and how it works. As for the Staff Applications, I seriously hope they open soon. Hackers are a giant issue rn.. We also need a new and Improved Anti-Cheat, which I can help in creating.
    Diamond_Hunter49 likes this.
  11. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    They should close the staff applications untill each gamemode has at least 10 mini admins and also from different Timezones. It is really not that hard. But they usually take around 3-5 people every application :/
    Personally, I don't see much hackers myself, so I would say fix other situations like lag or, uncensoring--- yea lets not get to that topic xd
    But idk about you guys.
    EDIT: Not all gamemodes should have at least 10 admins like DBV since it's literally dead ;-; and i'm still wondering why there is no minis for slaughter? I see hackers often.
  12. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    170,292xp
    This is true, alot of hackers seem to flock to Slaugher for some reason...
  13. Crustations Platinum

XP:
    70,741xp
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
  14. anniPARERA Obsidian

XP:
    186,361xp
    “Talk to murgatron”
  15. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    That reason might be because slaughter has no mini admins :lmao:
    Diamond_Hunter49 likes this.
  16. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    We've recently finished training up 2 mini admins from MineZ to help us patrol in Annihilation, as well as taking on one brand new staff member just for Annihilation. We've got a few more candidates to invite to the staff team. Once we've exhausted our own suggestions we may open up applications if we feel we still need more staff (and we haven't burnt out our trainers in the process!).
  17. Crustations Platinum

XP:
    70,741xp
    So staff members are being asked to be staff instead of applying currently? So anyone who's active and got background could be asked currently?
  18. ment0l66 Emerald

XP:
    575,309xp
    They've been recruiting people this way for ages, only recently (relative) have they started to do applications.
  19. Crustations Platinum

XP:
    70,741xp
    There's hackers in every single game I play, and no staff are in the games.. Just need active staff..
  20. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    Hey dude! Sorry you feel this way but please know that our system makes it so that admins are invisible to players -- otherwise there would be no point in them patrolling (the hackers would just turn off their hacks if they saw an admin). We also don't condone public shaming, so we don't advertise when a hacker is banned. Even if there's a hacker in your game, and you report them, you won't know:
    - When there is an admin online
    - When the hacker is banned

Sure, there will always be hackers, but that doesn't mean there are staff online during the game to ban them. Just be patient please!

Also please check the numbers in our Dentril's New Moon each month (here's last month's edition). Towards the bottom, you can see that our admins banned 1,498 people in one month, and I can let you know now that a majority of the bans were from Annihilation. We have many mini admins for Annihilation, and if you don't think that's enough, many full admins also actively patrol Annihilation.

TL;DR
    Thanks for your concern. We are aware that there are hackers. We have trustworthy staff members and will onbaord more if we need to. You will never know if there are admins in your game, so you can never make the assumption that
    Thanks!