1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Teleporter Suggestion.

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Crustations, Jan 1, 2018.

Suggestion - Teleporter Suggestion.
  1. Crustations Platinum

XP:
    70,741xp
    I play Teleporter for most of my games, and I think it'd be a cool addition to make it so you get a certain amount of SBXP when someone uses it who isn't yourself. Whenever someone goes through it would give you around 1-5 SBXP - Per Life. Meaning that nobody can abuse it by going in and out and giving you mass amounts of SBXP. Players still use TP's normally, but it gives whoever is using the class a bit of a buff. I'd like this added because when you're a Teleported you don't get to PVP that much since your TP will break, so I'd like an SBXP addition for playing a support class! Any suggestions on how we could make this go through are welcome! Thanks guys :heart:
    Ninkz likes this.

2. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    I don't think teleporters need additional incentive to be used. They already provide great benefits on their own, and the amount of tp a couple teleporters can produce is insane. Defending from a TP rush nets stupid amounts of xp. Me and some friends have gone onto different teams and built an arena with our teleporters to have an xp farming deathmatch. Any more xp would honestly be too much.
  3. Diamond_Hunter49 Gold

XP:
    75,047xp
    I'm assuming when you say "XP" that you mean Shotbow XP. Classes already indirectly help a person earn more Shotbow XP, such as Enchanter enabling a person to get powerful enchantments more easily which can lead to more kills, but I feel that classes using their abilities shouldn't directly give players Shotbow XP. A possible buff could be to grant a small amount of Minecraft XP to the Teleporter when a person goes through their TP, similarly to how Builder and Tinkerer (and Healer in the near future) receive XP when doing their jobs. :)
  4. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    If I am not mistaken, teleporter already receives a small amount of xp when the teleporter is used. It was like this before, so unless if they changed it you should still be getting minecraft xp. I could see them increasing the amount of xp it gives, since it gives a measly 1 bar at level 0 per teleport,
    Diamond_Hunter49 likes this.
  5. Diamond_Hunter49 Gold

XP:
    75,047xp
    That sounds familiar to me, but I've never used the Teleporter class so I was unaware. I feel that increasing the amount per teleport would be a good change.
    Ivandagiant likes this.
  6. Crustations Platinum

XP:
    70,741xp
    I don't think that you guys understood I meant shotbow XP. My bad. I changed it.
  7. uwuGHG Platinum

XP:
    46,129xp
    I agree with you. Shotbox XP is a little much, since it could be exploited, but a little reward would be better for gameplay :)
  8. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    My first post discussed why it would be a bad idea if it gave shotbow xp. I went over just how much Shotbow xp a single teleporter can generate. Anymore and it would be abused.
  9. Crustations Platinum

XP:
    70,741xp
    Couldn't be exploited with the suggestions I added.
  10. uwuGHG Platinum

XP:
    46,129xp
    My bad, I didn't see that. With that taken into the context, I think shotbow XP would also become a viable option :)
    Crustations likes this.
  11. Galap Developer

XP:
    2,169,215xp
    Annihilation has historically only given Shotbow XP as a reward based on skill; such as winning, killing (enemy/boss), defending etc. I don't believe that granting Shotbow XP for other players using your teleporter coincides with the way Shotbow XP is currently distributed in Anni.

That being said, I'm happy to consider other ways in which the transporter class can be utilised and rewarded so if you have a unique idea, feel free to share it!

Thanks for the suggestion though :)
  12. Crustations Platinum

XP:
    70,741xp
    Yea, I overthought it and I brought the same thing up. The point being, you're not able to go Pvp'ing while TP'er and I want to be able to support my team in that big of a way while still having fun. That being said. There are larger issues before some class reworks should be done.
  13. Galap Developer

XP:
    2,169,215xp

I'm a little confused when you say that you're not able to PvP as a transporter, why do you think that is the case?

It used to be the case that if you died as a transporter, your teleport would also break, however, this is no longer the case and the only time your teleport will break if you die, is if you only have one side set up. So long as both sides are set up, you can die until your heart's content and your TP will be fine.
  14. Crustations Platinum

XP:
    70,741xp
    Weird, I've died and it's broken the times that I played. Guess I'll have to do some play-testing because that seems plain weird.