1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Mercenary's firework makes lag

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Maashg, Nov 25, 2017.

Suggestion - Mercenary's firework makes lag
  1. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,347xp
    Mercenary's firework makes lag for bad PC. For exapmle we are rusing and enemy uses Mark of Death item. Then fireworks make screen is black and crashed. Then rush being failed. Please remove fireworks from Mercenary class. It is really important problem.

2. Diamond_Hunter49 Gold

XP:
    75,047xp
    I feel that this is probably a good idea. Although I personally haven't experienced this with mercenary, my FPS drops near 1 when a nexus is destroyed (which also has fireworks) which makes it impossible to run away for a few seconds. I have a pretty decent computer getting 60 FPS regularly on Minecraft, so I can see how Mercenary's fireworks would be a problem for people with lower end PCs. Perhaps a firework sound effect could play when a person is marked or something similar to that.

I do like the idea of having a firework to let teammates know that an enemy was marked and they should attack them, but I don't think it's useful enough that the pros outweigh the cons. :)
    Maashg and Hingey like this.
  3. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Yes fireworks with classes such as mercenary and hunter make my frames drop incredibly low and aren't necessary to have. Same goes for the fireworks at the end of the game they are not needed. Since then I have found a setting in optifine that turns fireworks off but I think it is best to remove fireworks from game mechanics due to its effect on computers.
    Maashg and Diamond_Hunter49 like this.
  4. Kingey Retired Staff

XP:
    212,406xp
    I personally don't think 1 little firework makes a whole world of difference.
    ACrispyTortilla and dackknight09 like this.
  5. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    I mean the only reason that I don't play mercenary, is because it laggs me a lot.
    Idk if it is the fireworks but it definitely laggs for most of us. :/
    Maashg likes this.
  6. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,347xp
    My two clan mates' screens were being black because of fireworks.
  7. _Bummy_ Regular Member

XP:
    77,913xp
    You have a point @maasgh, sometimes it let give me also lag just when we or they rush my screen freezes. Just like iceman I can't run away(sprint) or I lag going in the water out in...
    Maashg likes this.
  8. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    My intel HD 4000 graphics could say otherwise.
  9. StormAerospace Platinum

XP:
    300,330xp
    I propose a setting for graphics/effects that could be set to two or three levels, and control the level of these types of cosmetic effects based on user preference. It should be straightforward to implement, and then have it work for whatever effects could cause client-side lag (explosions, fireworks, etc). This way, those without problems could keep the effects as they are, and those having trouble could use a lower setting, which would disable such fireworks and similar effects, perhaps to be by a simpler effect substituted.
  10. Diamond_Hunter49 Gold

XP:
    75,047xp
    Great idea! :)