1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Annihilation Nexus Update - Patch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Murgatron, Nov 8, 2017.

Annihilation - Nexus Update - Patch
  1. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Hello everyone!

It's been over just a month since we released the Nexus Update. We've had some great feedback from players across the board and whilst we were pretty darn happy with the update we decided to make a few other tweaks:

Shotbow XP and Statistics re:Transporter

We've recently added a tweak to statistics being disabled on newly spawned players to prevent stat farming. We've made an adjustment to this and Shotbow XP so when players go through a teleport these cooldowns are removed. This ensures that players defending their nexus from a teleport rush are not penalised.

Build Height Limits

Back in the day, the build limit used to be Y125. This was raised to Y256 due to a rather hilly map that went above this original height. We have now set custom build heights on every map for 2 reasons:

1. Water walls - These monsters caused severe frame issues on lower end rigs and could, in some instances, begin to affect server performance.
    2. Skybridging - Skybridges at Y256 were extremely hard to counter and felt very cheap. We've added these build limits to still permit skybridging but reduce the amount of effort required to counter them to an acceptable level.
    We still view skybridging and water walls as a valid tactic but we hope you understand our decision for tweaking this aspect of Annihilation.
    Private Stands [IMG]

We've reduced the distance to place from a Nexus from 40 to 30.

[IMG] Bard

We've buffed the Intimidate song to give Weakness 3 as we felt Bard lacked some potency.

[IMG] Dasher

We've allowed Dashers to blink within their own teams Nexus region.

[IMG] Hunter

Added a levitation trap and added fireworks when your trap is activated!

[IMG] Immobiliser

We added fall damage immunity to players who are immobilised as we felt the damage taken was unfair.

[IMG] Ninja

We've increased the smoke bomb duration slightly, as well as added Speed 2 to all Ninja's in a friendly smoke bomb.

[IMG] Riftwalker

We've allowed Riftwalker to bring along another player (total of 3 + Riftwalker) and amended the cooldown to be +20seconds per player rifted (down from 30seconds currently).

[IMG]Sniper

We've removed the arrow cost as we felt Sniper's ability was very expensive to use!

[IMG] Spider

We've increased the range that cobwebs can be thrown to make you feel more Spidermany!

[IMG] Spy

Fixed some issues with the Clone and vanished spies!

[IMG] Tinkerer

Tinkerer pads are now persistent on death. On top of that multiple pads will now be returned if broken.

Diamond pads will become fragmented if broken by an enemy, granting you and the breaker 4 diamonds each.

[IMG] Vampire

We've overhauled Vampire to be the dominant darkness class!

You can now transform into a bat permanently (until you die or your reach well-lit area / the sun rises). However, there is a 20-second cooldown when transforming from a human to a bat.

You cannot attack or mine blocks when in bat form anymore.

During the daytime / higher light levels you will have a permanent luck effect. When you have the luck effect, you will have a 70% chance to negate any fall damage and deal a small amount of knockback to players when you impact the ground!

Miscellaneous

We've made further extensive performance tweaks with the removal of old code and streamlining many aspects. We've also quashed some further bugs. As always if you find any more please let us know via the bug reports forum so we can squash em!

With love from
    The Annihilation Development Team :)
    Hingey, Mik4el_, Manchot999 and 20 others like this.

2. Galap Developer

XP:
    2,169,215xp
    Yippie!

Vampire is life, vampire is love :wink:
    Kelestami and Murgatron like this.
  3. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
  4. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    170,292xp
    Dasher patch tho... amazing
  5. Cave_System Platinum

XP:
    500xp
    Half of the post was "fixed some bugs and issues."

:/ What?
    Hingey likes this.
  6. Galap Developer

XP:
    2,169,215xp
    Nexus Update - Patch
    Nexus Update - Patch
    Nexus Update - Patch
    Nexus Update - Patch

PATCH

:)
    Goliac, Kelestami, Murgatron and 6 others like this.
  7. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    LegendaryAlex's Feedback Of The Nexus Update - Patch

Here we go again! :eek:
    I know most of you probably don't care about what I have to say but i'll give my feedback anyway!

Shotbow XP and Statistics re:Transporter

Just a regular patch that probably should've happened in the normal update, but whether it is should've happenend now or then, I'm happy that it is patched (even though I have never really noticed it).

Build Height Limits

Kinda sucks for skybridging, this is also an indirect nerf for Vampire because I mostly use Vampire to get on those high skybridges and break them. Just noticed that you have infinite time when you are a vampire. I mean... It was probably for the best tbh, already got kind of annoyed by skybridges.
    Private Stands [IMG]

Thank you, I actually tried to use these private stands but 40 blocks was waaaaay too far so I wasted my gold. I dont even think you could've used them in your base. Very good change!

[IMG] Bard

Definitely needed another buff. Weakness 3 is actually a really efffective buff because you can just place it down when you get alerted that a team is going to rush you. New defensive strat! :D

[IMG] Dasher

Woah, this is an ginormous buff for dasher on maps like andorra! This basically means that it can be like defender, but then only on maps with an open nexus area. Nice change!

[IMG] Hunter

Looks like you guys are taking even more advantage of the levitation effect. Nice! I expect that the values will be in the wiki soon.

[IMG] Immobiliser

Aw trolling with this class was funny, but ye immobiliser did need a nerf. Idk if this is what people were asking for, but it says that you guys listened to our feedback, so I guess this is what immo needed.

[IMG] Ninja

Ah the speed everyone asked for, I know you guys wanted to add this in the first place but thought it was too OP. Good that you guys changed your minds. What do you guys mean with the smoke bomb duration? How long it takes for it to go off or how long the smoke stays in the air? It is kind of unclear.

[IMG] Riftwalker

So we first got a new defensive strategy for Bard and now you guys made the Riftwalker rush strategy even stronger. I love rift walker, definitely satisfied about this change.

[IMG]Sniper

We asked for a sniper buff and you guys gave it to us. Impressive!

[IMG] Spider

Hmmm, I was hoping that you couldn't place webs down anymore, because it is pretty glitchy when you are trying to throw a web and it touches the ground so it cancels out the web throw. A buff nonetheless.

[IMG] Spy

Hmmm, alrighty.

[IMG] Tinkerer

Giant buff for Tinkerer! Finally, people will hopefully use this class more now! This change is what most of us were waiting for.

[IMG] Vampire

Yeaaaaah! This is what I wanted to see with one of my favorite classes! Beautiful changes! Overpowered, just like you guys made every other class!

Miscellaneous

Hopefully you guys fixed bug where you get lagged back when you are building up! Really annoying bug (if you can even call it a bug).

Random comments

Can you guys add all the heights of every map in the wiki? If you need any help with it, pm me! And again did the Annihilation Team a great job! Also another shout-out to the Annihilation Community who again gave them great ideas for this small update.

With love from
    The LegendaryAlex :)

P.S. Sorry that stole your style, I had to! :stuck_out_tongue:
  8. Eggo Platinum

XP:
    817,771xp
    The build height limit is just a really bad idea.

If your aim is to stop people from flooding in the sky with water walls, just disable water placement above the height. You don't need to disable all blocks.

Height limits are ridiculously low. There are plenty of counters to skybridging, especially now that vampire was buffed immensely. If nothing else, it only takes a single scout/assassin/swapper/dasher etc to take out the skybridge tp on the other side (or to just climb the skybridge from the other team's base). Acrobats can effortlessly pillar up with a little archer cover. Even when a team is under too much pressure and waiting to take down the bridge, they can consolidate defenses in the nexus and easily stop incoming tp rushers (bowmen are even more helpful). Additionally, when a skybridge is taken over it can easily be remodeled and used to launch a counterattack on the bridging team. It's a 2 way bridge.

Skybridges aren't overpowered: that's why you don't see them being used in every game by every coordinated team (i.e. meta). There is no reason that they should be limited so low that bridgers can easily be shot off by ground archers. All this change does is make long games even longer and less interesting.
  9. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    [Updated the AnniQuickRef]

Long awaited update to Tinkerer! Finally on par with transporter! It could possibly stand a max pad count, but that's neither here nor there.

Dasher is the new defender on the block for open nexus maps! Pretty cooool.

Nice to see Immobilizer fixed. Finally don't need to deal with that extra DPS while bladestopped. Makes the healers job less frustrating.

Hope to see Riftwalker more often now that the CD has been lowered!

The skybridge limit kinda came out of left field to be honest. I never really thought about that, but it certainly is a welcome change. Sniper and Vampire boosts ought to make a good counter. Might see the metagame change a bit to defend against these tactics! I would love to see how the game changes!

I'd like to end with a suggestion to change the icon of gold rush on miner kit. Since it didn't work for so long people often ignore it and its never used. If there was a change to the icon it might convey that it is novel again. Just a thought.
  10. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    For spider, they should make spiders be able to walk through cobwebs easily.
    Really liking the vampire update tho
  11. thrpyke Regular Member

XP:
    3,039xp
    These are nice changes good job shotbow!
  12. Arkenssine Regular Member

XP:
    26,720xp
    Thanks a ton for the vampire changes, it lacked the power other classes had even pre-patch, with this i see it a more used class during my games :D
  13. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

14. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
  15. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    So it should be infinite?! :stuck_out_tongue:
    The issue is communicating this to a player. Say you are set on fire by a wizard fire spell at a Y level that disables water placement, how were you to know prior that water is disabled? This is further complicated by each map being set at slightly different heights making a universal height limit / water placement limit impossible.

Please feel free to make a thread or further comment with what maps in particular you feel are affected and we can revisit. Our general rule was to look at the highest climbable point in a team quadrant and add a set amount of blocks (around 40 or so).

Only applicable during night time however, not a universal / constant counter.

Skybridges at high levels could not be reached by arrows, even sniper arrows would fail to reach! So your point here is invalid with respect to archer cover fire.

This is assuming perfect conditions for the defending team. Assume a Kingdom game with only 2/3 defenders versus a constant swarm of 5/6 attackers.

There are plenty of counters to being shot off (build some barriers? :stuck_out_tongue:) as well as dasher (build it 2 thick and then build some 1 block missing side barriers!). No doubt impossible to counter skybridges helped end games faster but that's not the point. We want the game to be fair, fun and balanced. Hence the removal of many other game mechanics such as TP's in protected regions, strength being only available from Phase 4 onwards, etc.
  16. iilunax Platinum

XP:
    402,744xp
  17. JuuzouSuzuyaTG Regular Member

XP:
    5,184xp
    There should be a similar video to how Shotbow threads anni (the 1.9 update thing) watch the wholde video
    dackknight09 likes this.
  18. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Watched the whole video, nothing related to Annihilation. If you want to give actual feedback may I recommend not just slapping random videos about other games into this forum but actually being descriptive about your issues with Annihilation.
    dackknight09 likes this.
  19. WildWargasm Platinum

XP:
    232,117xp
    Love these class changes! :) Can't wait to try out the new Vampire, the revitalized Tinkerer, and buffed NInja, specifically! It's great to see changes are being consistently implemented. Makes me, as the average player, a lot more excited to keep playing.

Keep up the great work, guys.
    Murgatron, Galap and Kelestami like this.
  20. sizuku499 Media Partner

XP:
    143,417xp
    Vampire came to be very useful definitely through this update!
    LegendaryAlex likes this.