1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Disable water particles?

Discussion in 'GhostCraft' started by Rainbow_Dashi, Oct 9, 2013.

Suggestion - Disable water particles? | Page 2
  1. apelsauce Obsidian

XP:
    55,471xp
    Okay; I don't want to start an argument here, but you keep naming the particles "Ridiculously huge" When they are only about the size of the bubbles.

2. NotMike15 Emerald

XP:
    22,923xp
    His point is that using a resource pack just to see the ghost better is an unfair advantage, and, inturn, is breaking the rules. To me, that includes particles that are only slightly bigger or a different, more prominent color to help you see the ghost better. It's an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE.
  3. apelsauce Obsidian

XP:
    55,471xp
    Ok sorry, I didn't know it was an issue.
  4. TheTalkingMoose Platinum

XP:
    61,322xp
    "programs or third-party programs that give you an unfair advantage"
    "unfair advantage"
    "unfair"

Using a bought effect that takes time and effort to get the xp to buy and then you complain that its "unfair"??
    Also you missed something crucial.
    It doesn't just say "texture packs" in the rules. It specifically says "X-ray texture packs/programs". That rule is talking about x-raying ores, not effects in ghostcraft.
    Please put the rules into context the next time you try shoving them in peoples faces.
  5. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp

So... you would turn invisibility particles red and huge just for annihilation? I don't see your train of thought.

1. Hacks, hacked clients, cheating programs, or any attempt to gain an unfair advantage over another player through exploits, bugs, cheating software or hardware (such as a gaming mouse with macro keys) is a bannable offense. We have the best cheating detection in the Minecraft community and have absolutely zero tolerance for wasting our time. You will not be unbanned - period.

3. Any duplication of items, exploits, bugs, xray texture packs/programs or third-party programs that give you an unfair advantage over another player will result in a ban - this includes gaming mice, third party programs that allow you to rebind keys, set macros, etc. Please report any exploits to the Bug Reports forum.

You know what the rules mean, but you are trying to bend them. Do not try to find any loopholes in the rules, if it gives you an advantage that other players do not have, don't do it.

If you want, I can ask an admin about this specific thing.

Anyways, it states in rule #1, that, any attempt to gain an unfair advantage over another player through exploits, bugs, cheating software or hardware, is a bannable offense. I expect it to include resource packs as well.

This "bought" effect was supposed to be a VANITY item, which is NOT supposed to help you.
  6. Wingdude100 Platinum

XP:
    19,699xp
    If ANYTHING gives you an unfair advantage it IS bannable and you will be banned if you are caught, whether it be enlarged particles, X-ray, Forcefield, or something else no one knows about. Do it, and face the consequences happily.
    Want proof? Ask any Shotbow admin. Also Rule 3 is good proof.

3. Any duplication of items, exploits, bugs, xray texture packs/programs or third-party programs that give you an unfair advantage over another player will result in a ban - this includes gaming mice, third party programs that allow you to rebind keys, set macros, etc. Please report any exploits to the Bug Reports forum.
  7. TheTalkingMoose Platinum

XP:
    61,322xp
    zombry and wingdude. Thanks for your replies.

Serious question though:
    If i use this effect because i know it is hard to spot, is that exploiting the game? If i use the same effect because i think it looks cool is that still exploiting the game?

I know that the water is hard to spot but it is a 'kit' that can be bought with xp and it is a part of the game at the moment.

I do agree however, that the water particles should just be made more frequent so they are more obvious and that might solve this problem :\
  8. Coppinator Silver

XP:
    84,400xp
    On what you said here, we never said it was an exploit. Everyone was speaking specifically to the resource pack. Your 'kit' may be a legally bought and usable item, but it does not mean everyone has to like and/or deal with it because you are using it. I, personally, look down on anyone that decides to use this when they know full well that it's harder to see, making it easier for them to win. Even more so when that's the only reason they use it. Same with that other major issue I shall not name.

I enjoy challenge, but since my map is Kerrigan, which is all grey blocks and blue sky in mid, I despise this 'kit'. It (along with many, MANY other things) is taking the fun out of my once cherished Ghostcrafting.
    TheTalkingMoose and the_schmoka like this.
  9. DiviXion Platinum

XP:
    904xp

And with those colours on Kerrigan, Water Particles tend to be quite difficult to spot. The easiest spot is probably around the Sandstone bits bit either way, the more things they try to make Ghostcraft better, the higher it'll get worse.
  10. Eggo Platinum

XP:
    817,771xp
    >still relevant
  11. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    Subject_617 likes this.
  12. Subject_617 Platinum

XP:
    380,020xp
    Looks good tbh on first impression. Thanks a ton
  13. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    I like when people play with words
    just saying, you can't increase size of particles using just a modified texture pack
  14. ccccccccccccccc Regular Member

XP:
    3,954xp
    or you can not cheat
  15. Ewayne Platinum

XP:
    251,905xp
    I love how it's been back for less than 24 hours and we're already arguing over water particles again
    Tdiaz5, JesseTheSkrub and Mistri like this.
  16. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    Or you can learn how to read. That's optional.
  17. Lord_Aaron Platinum

XP:
    349,773xp
    Water particles are seriously OP, I agree. I played against a ghost who used them once and it was weird.... they either shot up super high so it made it look like the ghost was double jumping, or they were incredibly behind the ghost's actual position
  18. ccccccccccccccc Regular Member

XP:
    3,954xp
    using xray texture packs is optional too
  19. Lord_Aaron Platinum

XP:
    349,773xp
    lol actually made me laugh rn
  20. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp
    god damn this thread is old