1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

The Return of Ghostcraft

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by sunlost, Oct 22, 2017.

The Return of Ghostcraft
  1. sunlost Retired Staff

XP:
    217,843xp
    [IMG]

Today, we’re happy to officially announce the information regarding the Ghostcraft re-release.

As you may have heard, Ghostcraft is returning from the garage after many months of developer work!

If you have not heard of Ghostcraft before, it was one of Shotbow’s original gamemodes, and its first instance was released on October 24, 2012 (exactly 5 years ago this Tuesday). Throughout each round, nine players work in tandem in an effort to avoid being killed by the Ghost, a mostly invisible and very powerful player. By inflicting damage to the Ghost, you can possibly become the Ghost in the following round. The ultimate goal is to become the Ghost and kill the nine players in the match attempting to survive.

When?

We’re happy to announce that the premium beta will be released this Tuesday, October 24, exactly 5 years from Ghostcraft’s initial release date, at noon Shotbow Time (CST). Public release will follow on Tuesday, October 31st.

What has changed?
    • Fixed bugs
    • Lots of code improvements behind the scenes
    • Added one new map, updated 7 maps, removed 15 maps
    As you may be able to tell, we haven’t changed much. This is because we believe that Ghostcraft should first be perfected and bug-free in its current state before we go on to add new features, which is why we need you!

Premium players will be able to play Ghostcraft and help us squash bugs starting on October 24, so be sure to purchase premium with our Halloween sale going on now in order to get in on the fun.

If you have any feedback or suggestions, please post them in the appropriate Ghostcraft sub-forum.

Until then, don’t get stabbed!

2. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Yo this is legendary. Tuesday will truly be a big day for shotbow.
    After so long!

Kuch Jesse FTW
  3. JacksonGrow Platinum

XP:
    996,362xp
    Bless Jesse for rebooting Ghostcraft
  4. _IA Platinum

XP:
    43,456xp
    Wooo, I'll finally get back on shotbow and play something on it after a long time.

Ty devs for bringing my fav game back!
  5. metri Platinum

XP:
    662,082xp
    What maps will be available for play?
    Subject_617 likes this.
  6. dackknight09 Obsidian

XP:
    105,709xp
    Sounds good
    Fluffoon likes this.
  7. Thamigo Emerald

XP:
    58,108xp
    Ayyy, temple anyone?
    Jenabo, ManHeadRambo and Scanias like this.
  8. CeleryCat Retired Staff

XP:
    129,281xp
    I can't wait to play for 5 minutes and then go afk in the corner of the kerrigan lobby again, just like old times
  9. Subject_617 Platinum

XP:
    380,020xp
    As is tradition
    CeleryCat likes this.
  10. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Thanks to the guy who took his time to revive such a great game. I have so many memories playing Ghostcraft I cant wait to relive them all over again_,
    Thamigo likes this.
  11. Brotadochip Platinum

XP:
    210,060xp
    What maps are still around?
  12. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    You'll find out soon enough! Don't worry, we didn't remove any of the OG maps that we all love.
  13. Brotadochip Platinum

XP:
    210,060xp
    Sewers? pls. Was my favorite.
  14. Subject_617 Platinum

XP:
    380,020xp
    So kerrigan and church are probably guaranteed safe. I'd say the others are a matter of contention.
  15. sunlost Retired Staff

XP:
    217,843xp
    Slight little date change alert! The original premium beta IS NOT changing at all. Same time, same date, on October 24th.

We are moving the open release back a couple of days to October 31st for logistical reasons. We want to deliver the best possible product! This date change will allow better developer coverage to fix any possible bugs.
    (This also extends the premium beta to a full week, and it has the spooky coincidence of releasing exactly on Halloween!)

The Ghostcraft team is very excited to bring this gamemode back to y'all. Thanks!
  16. akitaboy2 Regular Member

XP:
    2,995xp
    the question stands: will we be able to lunch
    Trashcant, Macrolide and Thamigo like this.
  17. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    Well that's troubling.
    Macrolide likes this.
  18. Subject_617 Platinum

XP:
    380,020xp
    Like I said in Discord, at least the survivors won't ever be more invisible than the ghost anymore.
  19. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    I always thought the horrible balance and hilarious bugs were part of the game's charm. I can't imagine Archer actually being good.
  20. Subject_617 Platinum

XP:
    380,020xp
    Diamond armor and the first three stabs do half the ghost's hp to itself.