1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Is there a Slaughter map template?

Discussion in 'Slaughter' started by ACringyWeeb, Oct 13, 2017.

Is there a Slaughter map template?
  1. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    Someone posted this about smash, but I was wondering where the slaughter map requirements are. As you can see, I made some Slaughter maps myself but that was because it was pretty obvious what to build, but I just want a clarification.

2. Friendly123 Co-Lead Builder

XP:
    405,457xp
    Since you haven't gotten a response yet and I used to be a SB Builder & used to build maps I can probably help you a bit.

Simply put: No definite requirements.

More put: Make sure you have all of the available items in item frames as well as 6-10 unlock-able doors (more or less is possible as well, have item costs as well as name of area on a sign on the door) ... Don't make the map too easy to camp and beat, add 1 or 2, usually 1, safe spot. Make sure they aren't completely safe (ex: mobs could still flood in without controlling the door, use creativity with it). Try adding more than one spawn point in each room. Unless the room is supposed to be strictly safe room w/ no mob spawn points. Make sure you use glass to barrier off all the spots so players can't get between areas without unlocking the room.

Not required but makes maps more fun is some sort of hidden redstone feature. Perhaps not even hidden, just players like little redstone features.

I'd stick with just no definite requirements until they release (if they do) a map requirement list. The above mentioned is just more likely to help your map get added into the available maps!

Let me know if you need some more clarification on anything. :)
    connor564 and moarcringe like this.
  3. Moshyn Councilor

XP:
    399,275xp
    moarcringe likes this.