1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question How Are You Liking the New Annihilation Update? [Poll]

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by NotListed, Oct 5, 2017.

Question - How Are You Liking the New Annihilation Update? [Poll]
?

Do you like the new Annihilation Nexus Update?

Yes 40 vote(s) 54.8%
No 8 vote(s) 11.0%
Some good things and some bad things 23 vote(s) 31.5%
Not a very good update, I only like a few things 5 vote(s) 6.8%
I'm only mad because of the scout nerf 5 vote(s) 6.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JacksonGrow Platinum

XP:
    996,362xp
    Vote in the poll. Also, give your opinion by replying to this thread.

My opinion on the Annihilation Nexus Update:

I think it's overall a great update. There's a lot to go through so I'll just give some of my most likes and dislikes about the update

My Most Favorite Parts:
    *Builder's update is very good. I like to build defenses once in a while and this is perfect for me.
    *The new potion update with alchemist will really impact the game and make potion warfare a lot more interesting.
    *Private stands so teammates can't steal potions from you.
    *The new /annilobby that takes you directly to the Annihilation Lobby (Props to Jesse for implementing it)
    *1.7 Damage Combat is a plus
    *Bard's songs keep on playing
    *Evertool is amazing
    *Healer is able to see teammate's hearts
    *Riftwalker's ability to rift near enemy's base
    *Spy's new ability is great

Some Parts I Dislike:
    *Scout's nerf isn't the worst thing in the world. I think it should've been handled differently. In my view, scout's grapple should be vertical only, just like it is in MineZ
    *Obsidian was removed from builder. I mostly think about Andorra on this one. Obsidian swapper traps were very popular on Andorra.
    *You can't flood with iceman anymore. Not a big deal.

2. Shark_1234_ Platinum

XP:
    73,246xp
    Attention: Scouts nerf is the worst thing in the world
    SamsterBirdies likes this.
  3. YellowShark_ Platinum

XP:
    66,472xp
    Agree with sharky
    SamsterBirdies and Mitzu_PvP like this.
  4. JacksonGrow Platinum

XP:
    996,362xp

I put "I'm only mad because of the scout nerf" there for a reason...
  5. Gog Platinum

XP:
    822,005xp
    New update sounds hot.
    Fluffoon, JesseTheSkrub and NotListed like this.
  6. FEDPOL1 Regular Member

XP:
    427,917xp
    I'd much rather see the implementation of more 1.9 features instead of back-tracing to 1.7. Also, archer's revised arrow drop gives more incentive to bowspam which is just wrong.
    riverboys101 likes this.
  7. YellowShark_ Platinum

XP:
    66,472xp
    More votes on yes this is rigged someone is alting votes.
  8. gunso_ Retired Staff

XP:
    681,846xp
    You can get pretty creative with the new delay blocks.
    Only problem is you'll need a buddy to be builder the whole game.

I think we'll be seeing more classes being used and less scouts and thor.
  9. VoidmagnetTTV Regular Member

XP:
    31,724xp
    Bow of ather on coastal for defense is busted, they cant run down the stairs.
  10. EnderSerpent4 Regular Member

XP:
    77,441xp
    I love this update. GOOD JOB SHOTBOW!!
    Everything people have been complaining about has been solved, and this update will hopefully bring back people to the game.
    Nexus Bleed was much requested, Golems returning are a neat new addition, and many quality of life additions. As for the classes, here are the changes I really liked.
    Alchemist- Alchemist will be OP and annihilation will require more strategy now
    Engineer- the Evertool and the new bombs want me to buy this kit.
    Farmer- Gonna be even better for group rushes
    Handyman- Much needed buff. Gonna be fun for clan games>:D
    Healer and Succubus- Ability to see health will be very useful
    Iceman- Finally no more ice suffocation
    Riftwalker- Finally
    Robinhood- FINALLY
    Spy- I NEED THIS CLASS RIGHT NOW

Now to the controversial scout-
    It got nerfed to a grapple delay. I think this nerf was good, because it doesn't weaken the class too much, but will definitely change the meta. Scout is now kind of annoying to use with the timing, and all the counters to it balance it out. After this update, scout does not need a nerf. Like I said before, if a class is op, sometimes it is better to buff old classes to balance than nerf the op class.
    Fluffoon, Manchot999, _Swipe and 2 others like this.
  11. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Seeing that people dislike the whole update because of the scout changes only shows how unoriginal people can be (not accusing anyone yet for it) and also shows that this scout change was a good choice since people will be using the class less. BUT the class is certainly not useless or under average! You can still use this class, they only made it a bit more realistic and fair with this update. I really hope they don't change anything about scout now so people can finally have an open mind and try a varieties of kits.

I will be talking about this more after I am done with my internship.

Ps the healer change was all my idea :3
  12. VictorLight Regular Member

XP:
    199,159xp
    I dislike the update, so far i didn't see many noticeable changes to the actual game, except for the nexus bleed which i don't really care about as i usually don't take the game seriously...
    People are mad about Scout, which is satisfying to see lol and classes are pretty much worse and also no new maps :c
    *waits for people to start attacking me*
    *waits for next update*
    Macrolide likes this.
  13. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Did you read the update thread?
    If you don't notice anything, it is because you didn't try anything.
    If you haven't seen the update thread, you don't know what's new so you also can't try new things.
    You can wait for people attacking you, but don't consider this attacking.
    Void_Magnet and ArsMagia like this.
  14. VictorLight Regular Member

XP:
    199,159xp
    I actually did read the update thread, not all of it duh :lmao:
    idk i played for 5 minutes after reading the thread and i logged off cause guess who got tons of homework to do.
    I want to play but i expected more to actually play again, can't spend more time on the same game anymore :c
  15. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    You really should read the whole thing before u try the new things.
    Like for real, almost everything on that thread is important for annihilation other then the shoutouts.
    Please don't give your opinion about something you have only played for a short amount of time. Just try to play it a bit more and after that, if you see things that can be heavily improved, you can give your constructive criticism.
  16. VictorLight Regular Member

XP:
    199,159xp
    i played it, my opinion is the same.
    Classes are mostly changed in a way that the players dislike, Archer can bowspam more, Engineer will cause more rage so more players can possibly leave the game, Lumberjack is heavily nerfed, Scout... rip, Vampire is the same as it was (dead) as other classes too.
    The game needed new features to it not changing the ones that are already in, the game is getting really boring and repetitive.
  17. StoneCactus Regular Member

XP:
    18,266xp
    great update i like it.
    Manchot999 likes this.
  18. Shark_1234_ Platinum

XP:
    73,246xp
    So i'm like the only person who totally hates this update? Well i have good reasons and don't even try to make me like it. This update nerfed scout improperly. Why? Well its horizontal grapple that is making everyone hate it, making it minez grapple would be so much smarted. Other things to note flooding was a great defense, alot of people loved me for it, but now i am nothing cause of the filthy people who took my powers away. And i hope you didn't like this post because you are not supposed to like it :heart:.
    SamsterBirdies and Macrolide like this.
  19. Shark_1234_ Platinum

XP:
    73,246xp
    Also no bedrock bungee, i lived for that too.
    Macrolide likes this.
  20. Narcotic_ Platinum

XP:
    60,365xp
    Nexus bleed = BAD

It defeats the point of doing anything semi-long term in a game of Annihilation if the nexus is just going to bleed out. I thrive for the games of doing crazy stuff such as completely removing whole areas of land such as the Coastal towers and surrounding areas or even building some huge bass defence walls... all just to have the nexus bleed out?!?!?! What is the point in doing anything strategic or long term anymore. Everyone might as well just turn to gorilla warfare as the long term strategic classes and tactics are now obsolete.

It's only introduced to clear game RAM space for new lobbies at the cost of player experience.

What is the point in spending a large chunk of the game gearing up with awesome loot just to have half of the nexuses bleed out?