1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Wasted in the Coming Year Part III

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by Robertthegoat, May 30, 2017.

Wasted in the Coming Year Part III | Page 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezyo Regular Member

XP:
    3,145xp
    Sorry?

2. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    It would be cool if you could have the guns shoot particles, either as a beam or give particles momentum. But beams seem more practical. I don't know if I will even be here for the launch of anything, I play Minecraft as often as I get a stuffy nose. I hope there is marketing for the game when it comes out.
  3. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    Personally I really enjoyed the egg shooting mechanic, and particles would make wasted feel like a different game.
  4. beezyo Regular Member

XP:
    3,145xp
    I get your point but how does my suggestion make me crazy? Almost every game has no bullet time or only on longer range. Having to pre aim on a few meters really felt weird to me.
  5. Surfdog1 Regular Member

XP:
    24,023xp
    What r u talking about there was no bullet travel you could aim right at someone 100 blocks away with the mosin and kill them
  6. Tdiaz5 Silver

XP:
    76,623xp
    I think you mean to say bullet drop. Bullet drop is the phenomenon that as bullets travel, they hit lower than the spot that was aimed for because of gravity. This was included in the game, but was later removed.

What ZantaClauz was talking about was the time for a bullet to reach its target. This correlates to the velocity of the bullet. He said that he would like bullets to travel instantly, instead of taking time to reach the target.
    TomDreadCraft and ZantaClauz like this.
  7. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    After playing a different game ( and loving it ) I kinda changed my mind about particles instead of eggs.
    Also Would Rocket launchers and grenade launchers still be slow though?

Edit: I think it would be hard to implement spread with particles of though
  8. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Specifics won't be released until testing begins.
  9. TomDreadCraft Regular Member

XP:
    8,043xp

Damn, I was only here on shotbow for wasted...
    All that time that has passed... And then we get control instead of the good ol'towns like Mona and City 17...
    I really loved wasted myself, and was in some of its small dedicated clans.
    Back then the jetpacks were 1,5k... then they became 3k... vehicles came and it all kind of improved on the vibe that wasted had.
    Liberty prison with its huge forests that I would always hideout in when I was nearly losing an airfight to a PKP'er... I loved that mosin and AA12...
    I will still be waiting on the return of sandbox... I will just have to wait longer... again but atleast now I know it is coming ...
    OptimusRhymes and LegendaryAlex like this.
  10. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    After control is released, how long do you expect it to take for sandbox/gungame to be released?
  11. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    I don't even have minecraft installed on my new PC.
  12. beezyo Regular Member

XP:
    3,145xp
    No reason to have it as long as wasted isn't released. Am I right?
    OptimusRhymes likes this.
  13. Ouriceira Regular Member

XP:
    15,033xp
    You've never been so right in your life, unfortunately...
    ZantaClauz likes this.
  14. beezyo Regular Member

XP:
    3,145xp
    By the way, how is the development going? Is it possible to give an ETA already?
    ForgottenDevil likes this.
  15. hiddenbun Retired Staff

XP:
    569xp
    Just an observation, but big kudos to Shotbow for creating gamemodes that, even after long hiatuses, people still look forward to, post about, and play when it's re-released. That's when you know that real quality work was done.
  16. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Work is progressing, no ETA yet. I can tell you we have updated the original map used in the 2015 testing, much more detail now (drop Mosh a cheers for that). We are working on back-end structures at the moment: unexciting and time consuming, but necessary for a quality finished product. Thank you all for your patience!
  17. Surfdog1 Regular Member

XP:
    24,023xp

*Ten Years Later* sorry guys wasted is dead its never coming back bye
  18. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    If we couldn't get Wasted out in 10 years, I highly doubt circumstances would allow me to make such a post lol
    Fluffoon and _Swipe like this.
  19. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    "Updated the original map"
    Does this mean it's not a completely new map or is it just me?
  20. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Note, we're speaking about Control only. I am referring to the map seen in the video featured in this original thread post. This has no bearing on Sandbox.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.