1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Useful Eyes of Ender

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Soular, Aug 24, 2017.

Suggestion - Useful Eyes of Ender | Page 2
?

Should this System or Something Similar Be Added to MineZ?

Yes, similarly to how you described it! 16 vote(s) 34.0%
Yes, but make changes to your recommendations in the post. 12 vote(s) 25.5%
No. We should find another way to make the Eye Useful (Please explain in the comments) 4 vote(s) 8.5%
No. The Eye should remain as it is. 15 vote(s) 31.9%
  1. mainegorr Emerald

XP:
    1,725xp
    I honestly think this is a GREAT idea! I assume that the loot crates will be at a different location every time to prevent big groups farming? If that's true then i think it's a amazing idea, +1.

Consider this Shotbow Staff, it's honestly a really good idea, it's like the air drop from rust and PUBG, but in Minecraft. Add it in!

2. guy762 Gold

XP:
    51,631xp
    I feel like this would be kinda tricky to implement.
  3. mainegorr Emerald

XP:
    1,725xp
    Wouldn't be tricky at all, you see all they have to do is set up a automated message for the eye of ender only, and set up a automated spawn point for a chest to spawn randomly, i myself would not be able to code it, but considering what Shotbow as shown so far, it would be a easy task for them.
    Goliac likes this.
  4. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    I have seen a lot of survival games servers with airdrops.It's not that hard.
    RikiTheNopon likes this.
  5. 1999rocks Platinum

XP:
    99,404xp
    I support the idea of a tangible use of the eye, HOWEVER this idea doesn't really fit with the whole zombie apocalypse setting - the whole purpose of the gamemode. In an apocalypse, there wouldn't be people flying over the wasteland we call the minez map, dropping supplies. It just doesn't make much sense when looking at it from that perspective.
  6. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
    Togglesneak and being able to able to type reasonably fast makes this useless.
  7. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    1. Not everyone uses ToggleSneak
    2. Not everyone types fast

.5 seconds is enough to see a player name.
  8. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
    Its more the fact that you can use togglesneak and do /logout coupled with the fact that the eye takes up a spot on your hotbar which could be replaced by a splash potion. This essentially makes it worthless to anyone who knows how to play the game.
    Smartz_ and This_is_Hugo like this.
  9. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    If your like 5 and have never seen a damn keyboard in your life you should be able to type /logout fairly fast
  10. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    Can you read ?
  11. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    I know right. but the eye is can let you logout when you right click, there's no reason to remove this in order to show the uptime as there are probably some people who keep the eye and use it to logout. You can also not use togglesneak and do /logout, and that's what I do. I never said people should keep the eye, and I did not suggest anything, I don't know why you're suddenly talking about the space it takes in the inventory.
  12. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp
    Also, just for convenience, the messages of a supply drop should be sent to all Eye channels, not just one.
  13. shrauger Regular Member

XP:
    691,268xp
    Sounds more like a event than a Eye of Ender thing. I like my traditional events over forced ones.
  14. Lomrun Platinum

XP:
    209,777xp
    Its basicly a perm Halloween event.
  15. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    Halloween event wasn't useful stuff
  16. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    Can you pvp? No, I thought so.
  17. shrauger Regular Member

XP:
    691,268xp

That's not the point, he's calling you out for not properly reading a post, not your arrogance.
  18. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp
    I'm so glad that an idea similar to this is actually being used as a mini event (The recent Legendary/Dsword giveaway).) Even so, I still think an Eye of Ender should be used to advertise these and they should really be an automatic thing.
    ArsMagia likes this.
  19. RisingThumb Regular Member

XP:
    96,839xp
    Incentives for both side. Using eye of ender in its current state and not using it. Extra slot vs global communication.
    What I see in this suggestion is the desire for one thing. To push people who do not want to use the eye of ender for global communication, to use the eye of ender for some other feature tacked on.

Is it worth the effort it would take to add this. Would it even make a significant difference to how people play the game? Would it hurt the balance? All questions that I see needing answered. As no loot for this has been proposed, this could have significant problems for the meta and the balance. I'm all for balanced imbalance, but if it deviates too far from the power curve of the game, or stoops too low, I see it having problems.

Secondly the question is, does this specific implementation fit in with MineZ? No.

Finally, the general point of this suggestion seems to be: The eye of ender needs some incentive to push people who don't use it to use it.

I personally think the system in place is perfect for MineZ and has reasonable incentive on both sides
  20. ArsMagia Retired Staff

XP:
    76,708xp
    I agree.
    In reality most of minez players will throw away Eye of Ender when they spawn
    Global communication may be an important element, but we should also consider these facts to increase new fun
    ripfam likes this.