1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Useful Eyes of Ender

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Soular, Aug 24, 2017.

Suggestion - Useful Eyes of Ender
?

Should this System or Something Similar Be Added to MineZ?

Yes, similarly to how you described it! 16 vote(s) 34.0%
Yes, but make changes to your recommendations in the post. 12 vote(s) 25.5%
No. We should find another way to make the Eye Useful (Please explain in the comments) 4 vote(s) 8.5%
No. The Eye should remain as it is. 15 vote(s) 31.9%
  1. Cave_System Platinum

XP:
    500xp
    The "technology" has existed since the beginning days of MineZ, but it has never been fully taken advantage of. You guys familiar with that useless Eye of Ender you spawn with? Yeah, with this addition, that eye is about to get much much more useful - probably the most useful tool you'll ever have. Introducing...

"Loot Calls" - a very stupid name I thought off the top of my head in the last five seconds of writing this. Yes, I don't have a good name for it, but here is what I want to do with it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When a play spawns into the world with an Eye of Ender, it will retain its current function of acting as a radio-like device. However, once every random time during a server's uptime, a "Loot Call" will be given over the Eye. That is: On all channels of the eye (so long as it is in your hot bar), coords will be given of a loot chest that contains a new type of chest known as a "Treasure Chest." In this chest, loot is contained that is very high-tier to low-tier depending upon its location.

For example, the farther north the Treasure Chest spawns, the higher-tier the loot contained within. Now, you're probably asking yourself "Why is it worth it if its down south?" Well, the Treasure Chest is guaranteed to spawn many items. I'm talking a minimum of four items and a maximum of eight. And with every time a Treasure Chest spawns, no matter where it spawns, there is a small chance that an item that can ONLY be found in the Treasure Chest can spawn - for example (these are just examples, and I am not saying these items should actually appear in the Treasure Chests): multi-colored leather tunics (pink, yellow, orange, color-changing), golden ingots (because why not?), projectile protection chestplate.

The point of this thread was to spark a discussion and recommend the addition of this system or something similar. I am not saying that any items that I have mention or the system of spawning that I have mentioned should be added in that way to the game. I am more focusing on adding this use to the Eye than anything else.

Please vote in the poll, and give your opinion and recommendations in the comments! :) - Soular

2. Cave_System Platinum

XP:
    500xp
    Hey, I like this guy! ^

***EDIT***

Soular likes this
    kirbybubbles and FaM_Rem like this.
  3. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    I feel like there would just be a big group of people farming these on other servers no one is on and just stock piling on decent stuff. I also feel like this would need to spawn in some town because some random chest in the middle of no where would make 0 sense.
  4. FaM_Rem Obsidian

XP:
    155,366xp

I feel this is great idea of the ender eye being in some use I support this!
    kirbybubbles likes this.
  5. Cave_System Platinum

XP:
    500xp
    But if it only spawned once every server reboot that would fix things. People can't really farm it then unless they're on 24/7 and always have their eye in their hot bar.
    kirbybubbles likes this.
  6. Tatre Retired Staff

XP:
    15,226xp
    Interesting idea. Would defiantly draw people to certain areas for items and encourage all players to keep the eye (which I ALWAYS throw out.)
    However, I think it would be best if 3 of these chests spawned per every 6 hours - One up north, one mid-map, and one down south. That way everyone would have a chest semi - close to them which would encourage more people to actually go after them. The chests should also give more than just military gear too imo. Having a chest that gives some military, some food, some pots and potentially even some tools would be very cool.
    ArsMagia and Soular like this.
  7. Sevadra Gold

XP:
    9,286xp
    This would create an interesting dynamic of loot crates/supply drops like in a survival games esque setting, and from a lore standpoint, feels it could tie into the trickster magic of the world in some sense.
    RikiTheNopon and Brotadochip like this.
  8. Brotadochip Platinum

XP:
    210,060xp
    ^ Imo that is too much loot. 4-8 items * 3 = 12-24 items every 6 hours. It would lose significance. If this idea wasn't all the time but maybe as an event it could be entertaining. For an event saying the coords a day before and set up a certain time all said a day before the event.

Wouldn't the eye still be "useless" if you're with a group? For example, a friend could have an eye and the rest of us would just throw it out cause its apparently "useless".
  9. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    Supply drops without using the eye would be interesting too.
    Goliac likes this.
  10. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Idk i was just thinking that if u sneak+right-click u can see when the server will be rebooted instead of typing that thing.
    guy762 and kirbybubbles like this.
  11. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp
    This is no doubt an idea worth exploring. I absolutely LOVE this idea not only because it adds more hype to the game aspects, but it also forces players to think about the game and whether they want to risk interacting with another player but potentially get god tier loot, or just continue with their normal life. However, this should be balanced carefully because otherwise you'd end up with people who are carrying superior loot to others. However, this could be a cool way to get loot that is currently unobtainable by chests e,g, Legendaries (maybe even retired ones) and giant loot and stuff like that and it's a really good way to reward hardcore players in MineZ.
    JTGangsterLP6 and ArsMagia like this.
  12. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp
    Would be kind of insane, but maybe you can even get ranks in these chests. OP OP.
  13. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    Won't happen.
    Smartz_ likes this.
  14. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    Sneak + right click is already being used by players who want to use the eye to logout while sneaking.
    LegendaryAlex likes this.
  15. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Oh, hm maybe if you hover over the enderpearl u can see the time xd
    Aexon likes this.
  16. This_is_Hugo Emerald

XP:
    9,076xp
    I really like the idea of this +1
  17. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    I like the idea of treasure chests and making the eye of ender have more of a purpose to keep. +1 for me
    RikiTheNopon and This_is_Hugo like this.
  18. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    But if it spawns one every reboot that doens't make the chest worth it at all lmao
  19. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    Make it twice every reboot and I think it would be better. This should DEFINITELY be added
  20. Tatre Retired Staff

XP:
    15,226xp
    Good point. However, I think that if they were all dropped at the same time, it would be ok since you'd only really be able to get one. Plus, with all the new players, I don't think they would last very long and each chest would be looted by a different person.