1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix Enable Raining/Snowing in MineZ?

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Rullisi, Aug 15, 2017.

No Prefix - Enable Raining/Snowing in MineZ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rullisi Regular Member

XP:
    10,798xp
    I think it used to be in MineZ long time ago. I do not know why is it suddenly removed, whenever starts raining sky just gets epilepsy and the rain stops. Maybe there was a reason behind it? I think it was just really moody to play with rain. :(
    cyclone_43 likes this.

2. ohxd Silver

XP:
    39,193xp
    Weather lags me personally and I see no use for it
  3. Rullisi Regular Member

XP:
    10,798xp
    Today I played some MineZ and I got supper happy that it actually started raining. They fixed it! And also healer/bandit tags seen on scoreboard yey. :3

Meme_MC: No I mean how it starts raining and immediately stops on MineZ, while if you are in desert biomes you will never see the rain anyhow.
    Foxbuscus: I recommend getting optifine or find out other ways to increase performance. There are options on optifine for few of those people who do not want the rain.
  4. ProjectMovieZ Regular Member

XP:
    53,592xp
    Rain has always worked. Whenever I play I usually end up wishing it would stop raining :stuck_out_tongue:
  5. ohxd Silver

XP:
    39,193xp
    I have
    I have optifine and all lowest settings for graphics, best settings for performance on computer
  6. Rullisi Regular Member

XP:
    10,798xp
    Foxbuscus, There is an option to disable rain. You can take any other game in existence for comparasion and it's client's job to mostly optimize the performance/graphics, if others want to play on full experience.
    And Meme_MC once again. In vanilla minecraft if you are not in a desert, and it starts raining the rain does not flash for 2s like in MineZ used to do, and only sky would get darker, while in mineZ it actually disables the rain as soon as it starts and the normal sky appears again, therefore it was indeed getting disabled, not because of te biome, as this happened before in other normal biomes as well, like plains.
    I have played since 2013 and I know what I am talking about as how the rain used to get turned off, but just recently they enabled it again.
    Forblaze likes this.
  7. ohxd Silver

XP:
    39,193xp
    There is an option to disable the particles that appear when the rain hits the ground, but not the rain or snow itself. Trust me, I've spent hours trying to fix this on my end.
  8. Rullisi Regular Member

XP:
    10,798xp
    There is on right bottom side of video settings. I think it was quality or performance -> Disable rain. Also you should take your time on research for all the optifine settings and have the debug screen open to see fps and lagometer and enable the maximum performance for your computer.
  9. ohxd Silver

XP:
    39,193xp
    now listen here mister, I've gone through every single optifine setting that I had. I'm not wasting another ounce of my time arguing this. There is 0 use for weather.
  10. Rullisi Regular Member

XP:
    10,798xp
    Listen here mister, I don't want to explain this to you more than 10 times either, but here is me personally showing you how you can use optifine to simply disable rain / snow on MINEZ on Shotbow. Quick simple tutorial for you. It cannot get any simplier than this.

My point is that those who don't want weather can disable it, but we do not have to take away the option of having it from EVERYONE if some people actually like the weather effects.
  11. ohxd Silver

XP:
    39,193xp
    wow i guess too bad for me i dont have that setting :eek: sucks for me i guess totally my fault
  12. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    Can't tell if sarcasm or not
  13. Rullisi Regular Member

XP:
    10,798xp
    Well I am using Optifine_1.10.2_HD_U_D2. If it's the case you are missing that option. Consider trying other versions of optifine.
  14. Wayvernia Retired Staff

XP:
    123,163xp
    It used to always rain and snow in MineZ, and the places I visit sometimes still do. However, there's a reason it's not global, because the whole map exists out of different biomes. In some of these biomes, rain and snow automatically doesn't work because it is like that in vanilla minecraft. Think of a desert biome for example. We prefer to leave it this way to reduce FPS lag for players as well. :)
    Goliac and DutchBartje like this.
  15. Rullisi Regular Member

XP:
    10,798xp
    Sigh. Do I have to explain it again? Couple weeks, or maybe months ago it seemed like the rain used to stop whenever it begins, when I am in NON-desert biome, standing still, the rain begins and then it would stop immediately. Even the sky color changes, while in desert biome you would never see the rain for 1 second or less.
    I do not mean the desert biomes I mean forest, plains and snow biomes. Everything else than desert I know that it doesn't rain in desert and I know how the rain system works in game.
    It was not desert biome and yes it did start raining and then it stops after 1 second.
    It was not desert biome.
    It was regular rain that stops.
  16. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    Well, i understand rain fits to theme of the game and you want to play while raining.But there is nothing we can so about and it's not worth getting lower FPS.
  17. Rullisi Regular Member

XP:
    10,798xp
    This is old post. The very next day i posted this the rain was fixed I am not complaining anymore. I do like the rain personally, to have every now and then but the point is to not take it away from everyone if few cannot run the game. The rain just makes it feel more fresh and dynamic and less static. That is why I enjoy it.
  18. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    I don't think rain was "fixed".I see no difference, but it's fine like this.
  19. Rullisi Regular Member

XP:
    10,798xp
    I wish I could close this thread.
  20. MTrout Platinum

XP:
    729,797xp
    Thread locked at OP's request.

For future reference, you can use the "report" button on your post to request a lock. It makes it easier for us to find threads that should be locked. :wink:
    Goliac and LegendaryAlex like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.