1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion For those who...

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Snurkle, Jul 26, 2017.

Discussion - For those who...
  1. Snurkle Platinum

XP:
    105,131xp
    For those who say shitbow in chat: Leave the server if you deem it to be "shit". Why play on A "shit" server

For those who think the developers don't care about the server: If they don't care, then why are updates being released at all. Some one who doesn't care, wouldn't do that

For those who spam and tell the Developers/Admins to "Do their job" after the annihilation games arent able to be joined temporarally: That is no way to treat people. I hope your parents raised you better than that. People have feelings. Even on the internet...

For those who think the anticheat is horrible: Develop a better one for them or direct them to one that they could use that would be better. Otherwise, don't complain

For those who think no one/ not enough hackers get banned: How would you know? They don't share banning information with the playerbase. Also, if that IS true, maybe its because the players wont submit reports on the fourms an would rather complain (this is a theory)

For those of you who care about this server:
    Its natural to be upset, but there are so many other effective ways to handle an issue.

These are the comments that prompted this thread
    [IMG]

I don't like making these sort of posts, but I feel it will have a positive effect on the community. The only way to end this is to address it.
    #ISTANDWITHTHESTAFF

2. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    but... I thought when the servers went down it was good...
    You got free xp for doing nothing and then you finally finished that single player game you had on the side and it totally brought you to tears.

EDIT: How many people were talking in that example? At least 5? I'm not impressed.
    Hingey likes this.
  3. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    Why is this in anni? And also your making it like you think shotbow is fine as it is but it's not. They still have to fix major bugs and take in many suggestions. I do agree that people should stop spamming "Shotbow is dead" but instead make suggestions. A suggestion I made was shotbow should take in some suggestions ;-;
    Hingey likes this.
  4. GuigaWei Platinum

XP:
    578,041xp
    I can't speak for others, but I usually say this as a meme for whenever Shotbow lags. Perhaps others do the same.

People who think this have no idea what they're talking about. At least from my POV, the developers of Shotbow care a lot! Community feedback is huge to them, and this is how I was able to join the closed beta test. They want experienced players to give great feedback on their work so that each update is a big hit! Even outside Annihilation, the MineZ staff have fixed a bunch of things just these past weeks. There are just no grounds to claim that they don't care. We aren't them!

#ISTANDWITHTHESTAFF

I can say that for the anti-cheat, I catch myself thinking how stupid it is. I can be running away from a fight, and then suddenly I get no-cheated for doing something completely normal, and then die. I never type anything since it would be rude for others that are playing, but too often I feel the need to yell out "I'M NOT CHEATING!" But unfortunately, this is out of my control, because I'm not experienced enough with Java to understand what I'm doing and there are no better anti-cheat systems out there (as far as I know). Therefore, like others, I would have to default to complaining if I wanted it fixed.

Hackers are also a problem in-game. So many times I find the same x-ray user in multiple matches, and it irritates me because it 100% stops me from rushing nexuses and playing the game right! So I /report like I should, and leave a comment as long as I can make it, but then they still aren't gone after two hours! This is out of the player's control, so I feel like it is unfair to criticize people for complaining. That's all they can do! Granted, I would rather my teammates play the game and help us win, but when a person feels powerless, they have to ask for assistance. You are right that I myself never use the forums. Reason being, I don't want to upload an entire video that might take a whole night and drop my frame-rate just to ban some random person who will be replaced by someone else the next session. I disagree that not enough hackers get banned, but I do agree that they don't get banned in a reasonable time. It is entirely reasonable for us to ask for more moderation since that is a solution.
  5. Corrade Regular Member

XP:
    21,864xp
    Alright, saying 'someone should leave if they don't like the server' is missing the point. It's true, but if you then compeltely dismiss those people, you're ignoring negative feedback and can't accept those people might be complaining for good reason in the first place.
    You also gotta understand the comments you saw in-game are just that - remarks that were made in the moment, for example as the server was lagging. People are naturally going to be 'emotionally biased' and vent some of that anger in the chat. It's not completely reflective of their true thoughts, which is obvious because many people who complain still stick around.

Specifically with the 'the developers don't care' comment, although I agree that's not true, again you have to look at why they might be saying that or else you're just deflecting the fact that what they're saying is partially true, it's just exaggerated - the server could definitely use more work from the staff.
    Hingey likes this.
  6. Kingey Retired Staff

XP:
    212,406xp
    'Shitbow' and 'Devs / Admins do you job' does not qualify as feedback in any perspective and are thus completely ignored as it only serves to piss people off and demotivate them to do what they do.
    ACrispyTortilla likes this.
  7. Corrade Regular Member

XP:
    21,864xp
    I'll have to disagree with this. Maybe as standalone comments they aren't helpful, but their blatant reflection of dissatisfaction tells you, given the context, that people are annoyed at a certain thing.

It's just like if someone leaves an angry one-star review on some mobile app complaining about x; I'd imagine it'd be demotivating, but that doesn't invalidate the complaint. You might say it's different here because people aren't giving reasons, they're just leaving that one-star review/insulting the network, but I'd argue the reasons are implied by the context of the insult.
    So if someone says either of the remarks you mentioned out of the blue, then I can see how that'd be pretty useless - but as a response to something? It's not a friendly way of implying something's wrong, but it does it clearly. I think turning a blind eye to that is ignoring the underlying reasoning just to block out the insult, and that surely isn't a step towards reducing those complaints.
  8. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    1.Some of use put a lot of money into this server and are still trying to get what they put in out.

2.Some do Devs care more than others but from an annihilation and smash stand piont it seems as if they mold they game to how they want it to be rather than what the community as a whole wants. (Consumer knows best)

3.This was a one time thing yesterday but it would have been nice to hear a "we are working on fixing it" or "hold on we are finding the problem" to know they are. We didn't even get a response on discord which would have been nice.

4.I feel like shotbow's anti-cheat needs a ton of work when it starts to affect non-cheating players on a regular bases. But there are plenty of options for anti cheats already out there but they refuse to use anything that isnt their own. Plus when staff is playing they arent affect by these bugs because of their permissions. I have written numerous bug reports about anni and rubberbanding issues months ago and non have been fixed as far as I can tell.

5.I'd say staff keeps up on banning people as far as I know. I dont really see they same hacker twice but I see so many each game who knows. Their system could use some refining /report system isnt as effective as it could be. But as far as going on to the website and reporting every single player using ghost clients is completely unreasonable to say. I dont know about you but going to report hackers on the website that wont even get banned is not worth my time.

6.We all get tired of shotbow's ways sometimes but speaking out over the chat doesn't help take that to forums were they can see what is wrong.

#ISTANDWITHTHECOMMUNITY
    Wtfisthisname and HungerHealer like this.
  9. Kingey Retired Staff

XP:
    212,406xp
    First off, if gamemodes weren't taking suggestions and feedback into account, why would we utilise you to do it? Secondly, I personally don't agree at all what you're saying about smash as we have an entire feedback thread running. If people post in it, they will get a reply as has happened so far. If you don't post anything and complain in-game as I have seen before, it won't get noticed and the blame is always put on the staff whilst we're not even aware of what is bothering people simply because they don't tell us.

Second of all, we do communicate with the players in case of an outage or issue. However, while a developer may be working hard on resolving the issue, there may not be an admin around to keep the people in-game up to speed. Granted there have been some issues with Annihilation the last days, others as well as myself have kept people in-game notified about what's been happening, and I have also done so on Disord.
    [IMG]

The report system not working is just nonesense. What most people tend to forget is that they are the ones who are supposed to make it work. Everyone resorts to yelling 'HACKER PLS BAN ADMIN HELP' instead of actually reporting them. In such case no reports come in, admins won't know about it and later on get blamed for once again not knowing things that aren't told to them.
  10. Snurkle Platinum

XP:
    105,131xp
    O no.... I thought this would have a positive outcome and help change some peoples opinions. Idk if this post should stay up as it is not acomplishing much
  11. Corrade Regular Member

XP:
    21,864xp
    I'm not disagreeing with you here, but part of this is because of how obfuscated these systems are. You can't force a player to go onto an external forum or use a reporting function that is barely advertised (if at all) to have their voice heard and then not be surprised little comes back. Gotta hand them a microphone if you want to hear them.
    Hingey likes this.
  12. Hexyne Regular Member

XP:
    2,307xp
    This server could use cheatbreaker to deal with all the hackers around
  13. _CaptainHawkeye_ Platinum

XP:
    12,893xp
    This servers needs alot of mini admins :)
  14. _CaptainHawkeye_ Platinum

XP:
    12,893xp
    Or some secret scouts that report you see alot of good people in annihalilation that plays alot any why dont make them secret scout and thier reporting counts double or something like that
  15. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    isn't that the player report patrol
  16. HappyMangrove Regular Member

XP:
    156,034xp
    Well if the server listened to the players, then more people will be happy....
    Hingey likes this.
  17. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    You cant say that they totally dont listen. Like srsly, you really cant.
  18. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    This is stupid. you have to criticize the game to make it better. Yes. some people are harsh, or unrealistic, but that doesn't mean you should not criticize the server. I can say the anti cheat is ass and not have to make a new one on my own, just like you can say Trump or Hillary are dumb and not have to run for president.
    Corrade, Hingey and Wtfisthisname like this.