1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Lagg is making this server impossible to have fun

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Ruffun, Jul 11, 2017.

Discussion - Lagg is making this server impossible to have fun
  1. Ruffun Regular Member

XP:
    14,636xp
    Hello shotbow pals,

I'm as UK based player and since the EU server got knocked off connection hasn't been amazing, but it was playable. averaging around 140 ping consistently. But today the server is an absolute mess. I don't know if there's too many players on at once, or whats happening, but getting 400+ ping spikes and the game constantly stopping and starting, it's mind numbing to try and play.

For example, I just came out of a coastal game with about 90 people in it, and I lost a fight without having any control on what happened. I probably would have lost it with a good connection, but I was basically standing still while someone just beat me down with no chance to fight back or get away. I'm struggling to even use a crafting table/furnace as the interface doesn't load and any interaction I have with it does nothing.

Pls fix this server issue. Get a better server with all that platinum membership you rake in or whatever. I'm not alone in this I know.

2. Corrade Regular Member

XP:
    21,864xp
    Yup, I feel everyone experiences these huge bits of lag every now and then, and I personally rubberband somewhat frequently, which is maybe specifically caused when passing over half-blocks or other irregular surfaces. I don't know if you also experience the latter nor if it is unique to Shotbow, but sneak-moving for a second often helps. The huge periods of lag also usually hinder everyone, so in a fight with that type of lag going on the playing field will be awful, but in a way level.
    Obviously none of this is ideal whatsoever, and I know we might have different tolerance levels for connection issues, but what I'm trying to say is that it's not a completely game-ruining issue. I feel your situation though, this is coming from bloody Australia where players probably hover at around 170ms. Less combat-orientated classes, say Transporter, Miner or Alchemist, will probably make lag seem a lot less prevalent and impactful.
  3. Hazel_VB Regular Member

XP:
    20,261xp
    getting more and more lag recently.
  4. Sevadra Gold

XP:
    9,286xp
    Definitely started lagging more on the server in the past week for seemingly no reason, i've crashed in the past 5 dungeon runs I've ran on MineZ because of it and I'm hoping it smoothens out soon.
  5. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Because more people have been playing MineZ and we don't have the best host in the world.
  6. 134891949 Regular Member

XP:
    223,881xp
    I usually lag because of minecraft chunks not loading quickly enough
  7. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp

You can actually do a few things to make sure you are running at top performance.

Buy a new router. This might have the most effect.
    Put your router in a ventilated area.
    Clean the inside of your computer, especially if its a laptop.
    Switching to Ethernet connection (if you haven't already). The longer the Ethernet cable, the slower the connection.
    Make sure you have at least a 2GHz Processor. (type dxdiag into the 'run' command)
    Install mods. Optifine can improve your clients performance and FPS, and other approved mods can give you specific advantages.

Approved mods for Shotbow: https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/mods-for-1-9-x-1-10-x.371959/