1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other Monthlyish Smash Tournaments!

Discussion in 'SMASH' started by SkeletonXF238, Mar 22, 2015.

Other - Monthlyish Smash Tournaments! | Page 11
?

Can you play smash easily ping wise on EU or US?

EU 29 vote(s) 46.8%
US 22 vote(s) 35.5%
Both 11 vote(s) 17.7%
  1. AsiatusxX Regular Member

XP:
    19,779xp
    I guess you're right.
    At least i hope so...

2. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
    *wink wink*

If Smash somehow lives to see the summer then I would consider running tournaments in the summer but I've lost all hope to be honest.

Also Asia, from my Java/bukkit experience elsewhere as a developer there's quite a long journey from viable changes to a plugin and release, and a similar Do Not Leak policy that I imagine prevents developers from posting directly on updates. It's inevitable that progress doesn't get seen once there's a chain of people for it to go through before it reaches daylight :/
  3. AsiatusxX Regular Member

XP:
    19,779xp
    But this update does not include any information that is supposed to be kept secret? All the updates are known and except they are actually planning something unexpected to be released i dont see a reason to not share the developing process with people who care about the game.
    This is not even what im asking for, i dont necessarily need an accurate release date or anything. What actually bothers me is the missing communication in general. Every "State of Smash" Post included the updates that have been worked on the past month. People started replying and discussing. But we didnt get any feedback, not even a "Your suggestions have been taken into consideration and we will go over them to see how well they fit"
    For Example: In the September post ive suggested an "Ingame Leaderboard" to display the best Players in the actual game instead of having just a list on the forums. This never got a reply. I dont just expect it to be implemented instantly, not even to be a good thing to work on. But just a simple message that someone that works on the Update saw it. This is what these posts are for afterall arent they? Getting feedback from the Players and communicate with them to make sure that the Update goes the best way possible?
  4. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
    I know :/ Still, I would bring that up in the next thread, and all the ones after it, not on this topic which is meant to be about tourneys.
  5. Kuubic Regular Member

XP:
    142,733xp
    It is over AsiatusXX. Noone will stop the End of Times. You all already lost whene you lefft smash. So all this talks is just the nerds topic. Just come back and face me in battle.
  6. AsiatusxX Regular Member

XP:
    19,779xp
    I would. Anytime. But whenever i join the server there is either not a single person around or when i see you there are no signs available. I mean i honestly dont care about your opinion but a shit opponent is better than no opponent i guess x)
    Cuube and GalacticaGX like this.
  7. Jedrek_O Regular Member

XP:
    26,019xp
    Ugh, there he goes again on his high horse... Adding extra letters to random words
  8. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
    I was considering running a tournament on the second week of June and taking the opportunity I will have to live stream it for once. Now with the announcement that EU is dead, and almost all potential players for the tournament being EU players I see very little point if the increased ping is going to be so bad as to kill any good competition. So I have two questions for potential players in a tournament

1) will you be around on any of the 7th, 8th or 9th of June to take part in a tournament that may last a few hours?
    2) can you actually play competitively on the ping connecting to the US server?
    GalacticaGX likes this.
  9. Sam_F_ Gold

XP:
    637,792xp
    Yes and yes. It's been a while and I'm sure I'm out of practice, but my ping to US is solid. Hope enough people can play that it'll be worthwhile.
  10. Jedrek_O Regular Member

XP:
    26,019xp
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE!?
    SkeletonXF238 likes this.
  11. Sam_F_ Gold

XP:
    637,792xp
    In the US ;-;
    GalacticaGX likes this.
  12. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
    Mostly just for the record:

I decided to not host a tournament due to the combination of low levels of response, party mode not being available and the unfortunate loss of the EU server. Hopefully there are better opportunities in the future.
    AsiatusxX likes this.