1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other Monthlyish Smash Tournaments!

Discussion in 'SMASH' started by SkeletonXF238, Mar 22, 2015.

Other - Monthlyish Smash Tournaments! | Page 10
?

Can you play smash easily ping wise on EU or US?

EU 29 vote(s) 46.8%
US 22 vote(s) 35.5%
Both 11 vote(s) 17.7%
  1. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp

2. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
    Wow

A few hicupps at the start and unfortunately we didn't get to make use of the user nomination of maps but that's because we had

10 people in the tournament

Very chaotic and laggy for some unfortunately but I think the spreadsheet round multipliers payed off very well and we saw even Asia who won do so without finishing top 2 each game - the games might be very unforgiving but the multipliers make the initial ones weigh less and give everyone a chance to get used to the responsivity. As for items having just explosives defo speed up gameplay on White Chapel and I'd say despite the lag it worked out - games finished reasonably quickly on White Chapel thanks to all the explosive damage.

Thanks again to everyone for showing up and supporting these tournaments. I couldn't have done them without you.

[IMG]

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18P13oHfzFf4d1tCh43W0B1KlhmfJ4l6svs6-43MOVVc/edit#gid=0

[IMG]

Thanks once again

I don't have much editing to do with the footage so I'll try to get it up asap.
    Sabbath, Axyy and DrachenCube like this.
  3. Axyy Network Co-Lead

XP:
    330,038xp
    It was fun to play! :)
    SkeletonXF238 and Sabbath like this.
  4. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
    I uploaded the finale video a few days ago but this site's been down so I've not been able to post.
    Anyway the finale video is now out!

Thanks once again
    Axyy likes this.
  5. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    Will there be a tournament on the US server? If not I will probably lag and I am interested in playing in these tournaments.
  6. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
    I will have to see how my internet copes with connecting to the US in a few months time before I can really say.

However with the state of Smash currently I'm not particularly interested in hosting more tournaments in the summer time. I'd like to see the ranked severs back up before I really look into it or at least significant amounts of people asking for a tournament. I've simply got many more things I can do and I guess this has dropped down a bit on my priority list. Still, there's nothing stopping anyone else having a go at doing a tournament in my absence.
  7. GalacticaGX Obsidian

XP:
    1,378,170xp
    Maybe the Staff team is currently investigating the fesibility of running official Shotbow tournaments :wink:
    iAxyy, Cuube and DrachenCube like this.
  8. Sam_F_ Gold

XP:
    637,792xp
    How cool would that be!
    I would attend as often as I used to, but of course I'm just one person. I bet you could reasonably find enough to do it again though, the issue being life as usual (I totally feel you there).
  9. Jedrek_O Regular Member

XP:
    26,019xp
    I'm kinda TL;DR sort of guy, where exactly can I find this tournament?
  10. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
    Get a time machine and pop back about 1 year and you'll find them each calandar month for 12 months in EU unranked lobbies.

I'm not yet commiting to running any more this year.
  11. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
    My exams are over and have been for months but omg I am so busy anyway.

I'd really like to run some tournaments now I'm on fast enough internet to stream them live but I don't know if I can actually set aside the time for it. I'm also hella rusty and I haven't seen much activity on here anyways. Maaaybe I can run a few on weekends in the coming months? I don't think I can commit to doing that yet, I don't have enough free time to be sure I can actually do it, but how's everyone else in terms of tournaments?
    Sam_F_ and Miscii like this.
  12. Sam_F_ Gold

XP:
    637,792xp
    I'd be up for it! I'd like to see how well I can do these days as although I haven't been playing as much as I used to, I still feel about as skilled as I ever have been, and I could almost certainly carve out the time for it on some weekend.
    SkeletonXF238 likes this.
  13. AsiatusxX Regular Member

XP:
    19,779xp
    Its been over a year...
  14. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
    So it has.

To be perfectly honest I can't even remember the last time I logged into Shotbow. I thought I was busy a year ago, well I was, but I've certainly not got any less busy now.

These forums are basically dead though, and so are the servers till 1.9 is the default. Even then, it could be tricky for Smash to recover from the loss of player count these sign bugs introduced. I am still 'able' to host tournaments if I can clear my schedule for the afternoon but I don't even know how to contact potential players now, let alone get them to play. With dead forums and inactive servers I can't even see a way to get players for a tournament. Before it had always been one or the other, not both. I could pretty much guarantee that a few players would join on the day and often familiar users even logged in on the day by chance and joined too.

I don't want to just throw my hands up in the air and say it's not my problem because tourneys are nonviable. I didn't exactly keep track of how long it had been and I know that me running regular tourneys for 10 or so months in a row actually got people attending them and kept up forum activity, but I don't have the time to go through the months of holding a tournament because it was scheduled to happen even when no one turned up, and I barely have the time to hold a tournament at all now.

I'm still going to keep checking the forums occasionally but I think for now I'm done with playing.

I mean it's already Minecraft 1.11, and Mojang are releasing snap shots for 1.12 and Shotbow are still migrating to 1.9? I don't see player count going up...
    shebbear2 and AsiatusxX like this.
  15. HydroShock Regular Member

XP:
    125,271xp
    It was a fun game, but it's time to put it to rest. R.I.P Smash, 2011 - 2017.

p.s We should ask if we can get the source code for Smash so even if the server goes, we still have a copy of the game itself, that would be awesome.
    shebbear2 likes this.
  16. GalacticaGX Obsidian

XP:
    1,378,170xp
    Why do you want the code? If you know Java you can make your own SMASH in a few days.
  17. AsiatusxX Regular Member

XP:
    19,779xp
    Introduction:
    Hey guys,
    Nothing much has happened on Smash due to the developers focusing on the 1.9 update; Reconal and I have managed to get some new things out.

This is from the State of Smash Post from August 2016. Thats over 8 months. This itself is not something that bad, but the fact that we as players dont get ANY feedback about the developing process is what bothers me. Afterall what is this update for if not the players? And where is the point in developing all of that without any player playing the new Update because of that specific reason? The Player count went down from an average of at least 250 Players at the same time to literally 0. Apart from the Competetive scene which means around 30 to 40 Players on EU side no one will really come back to this game. And why even should they? When promoting the new Update who is gonna see it if literally no one is around anymore?
  18. GalacticaGX Obsidian

XP:
    1,378,170xp
    I'm sure that some of the good old boys are still around and read what happeneds in the forum, but it don't make any sense to write something, because this part of the Shotbow Forum is dead. I'm sure that some of us will come back when the 1.9 is released to check if it's more playable and enjoyable than the current version of the game.
    AsiatusxX and shebbear2 like this.
  19. shebbear2 Platinum

XP:
    120,289xp
    Mhm
    AsiatusxX and GalacticaGX like this.
  20. GalacticaGX Obsidian

XP:
    1,378,170xp
    mhm