1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix The reason SHOTBOW died...

Discussion in 'The Network' started by MoutainDew, Mar 17, 2017.

No Prefix - The reason SHOTBOW died... | Page 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuubic Regular Member

XP:
    142,733xp
    Shotbow will fully died and close in this year. So have fun in the last mounths)

2. HungerHealer Silver

XP:
    19,178xp
    I think ive read that 1.9 is ready to release. (2 weeks ago or something). But that it only needs 2 lead devs to roll it out.
    Nontheless the have to do it quick
  3. MuffinMinister Platinum

XP:
    116,583xp
    Dont forget about lazer
  4. Litnetti Emerald

XP:
    129,775xp
    pretty sure the moment you removed AnniZ from the map pool was when things started to go downhill
  5. ThePandemos Platinum

XP:
    30,182xp
    ANNIZ IS GONE!? THE **** IS THE POINT OF THIS THEN?
    :lmao:
  6. Gol Regular Member

XP:
    3,721xp
    Forblaze likes this.
  7. waltster Regular Member

XP:
    133,890xp
    Hi,

While I am happy that the Shotbow staff has continually allowed us to freely express our opinions, I think the shear amount of threads discussing why the network has "died", and how to fix it, has become destructive. I think it'd be best for us to either start a new network, or wait it out :stuck_out_tongue:, but let's not arbitrarily discourage the staff.

I'm glad to see so much discourse in the forums, it's just a shame it has to be about such a topic :D

Cheers,
    Walt
    FireGuyNL and Tannatron like this.
  8. WWII Platinum

XP:
    76xp
    I think there are two main reasons Shotbow is at this state, one is a problem that is uncontrollable the fact that the player base is getting older, along with minecraft becoming an older less played game. The other is a fact that Shotbow can control, but in my opinion does not, and that is listen to the suggestions of the players, the players who have played the game for all these years. The saying "The Costumer Knows Best" needs to be taken to heart not with costumers, but with players. There are a ton of suggestions that are requested to be implemented to Shotbow, and to be honest most are not all that great, however: there are some which are great, with huge player support behind that are not implemented because the "Higher Ups" want something else, something that is unpopular, something that MAKES people quit the game based how game changing it is, to the point the game isn't how people remember.

Please Shotbow, for the love of God Listen to the Players. Your time to listen is almost up.
  9. ccccccccccccccc Regular Member

XP:
    3,954xp

and when they didnt do anything instead of changing/updating something
  10. sourdillpickle Platinum

XP:
    10,803xp
    I remember when you played HCF there wasn't any actual factions it was just bases underground. It might've been on here or somewhere else but if you got banned it was for days and it was lit. When people fought they brought enderchests and it was a huge event.
  11. Techbae Regular Member

XP:
    2,081xp
    Staff, none of us believe in the "Shotbow is fine" facade. Stop saying it; it is an insult to the Shotbow name, the staff tag you carry, and a downright lie being told to the community.

Shotbow didn't use their resources wisely when Annihilation brought in the massive amount of popularity and revenue. Shotbow got too comfortable where they were and the mindset needed to move forward wasn't there. Shotbow could have been so much more, however poor leadership decisions kept it from progressing past that peak mark.

Updates fell slim and far in between, now to pretty much nothing. The staff is horribly inactive. When is the last time you got an update from Highlife? Navarr? The last updates we received were for MineZ origins... What about 1.9? There is hardly a leadership team running this network and content is pretty much stalled. Bugs aren't being fixed and the community barely gets over the few hundred player mark at peak hours.

In my honest opinion, I think they are letting the server run as long as it is making them profit. Once the profit is near gone, I feel that's when the network is going to come to a close. Shitty, but that's business.
  12. Dinohoot8 Platinum

XP:
    484,663xp
    Annihilation and MineZ are big factors in on the server. Shotbow first started out with MineZ and Annihilation was and still is the big hit gamemode on here. We are doing what we can to make the experience good for y'all.
    LegendaryAlex likes this.
  13. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Annihilation is currently the biggest and most played game, Minez is also really big! :lmao:
    If anni and minez are small, what is big??
  14. Litnetti Emerald

XP:
    129,775xp
    when shotbow used to have a 6,000 daily playerbase i think
    Trainspotting likes this.
  15. Trooper_Ultra Gold

XP:
    42,284xp
    Shotbow in its prime would hvae 6000-10000 peak players, they can get back to being the top if they got there priorities straight
  16. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

Not sure how you can say staff are inactive... we have admins on daily patrolling, hosting events and other staff moderating and replying to the forums. We're fairly active actually!

Whilst updates on 1.9 have been slower than we've liked there is a leadership team running Shotbow - delays are always frustrating but at the end of the day we rely on developers who donate their free time to run Shotbow and without them we wouldn't be here today.
  17. Techbae Regular Member

XP:
    2,081xp
    Considering the lack of updates from leadership, as well as some notes and key points gone over in some of the recent leadership meetings, I'd say otherwise. Those won't be disclosed, however, so you don't have to worry about that.

You are correct about the developers. We would not be here without their work. However, we also wouldn't be here if the Shotbow developers were paid, as well as reached out to others as well. As I said, poor leadership decisions led us to this point.
  18. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    It is the most played on shotbow tho, thats what I meant xd
  19. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
    No whats destructive is the Devs not being there so the server can update to 1.9 and all these problems you see people bitching about are gone.
    Foxorange and WWII like this.
  20. Mediumistic Platinum

XP:
    14,717xp
    I feel it could also be said that as more updates from Minecraft itself roll out, Shotbow, still in the state it's in, continues to age without bringing anyone new in. The people who used to play have most likely gone to another server where updates and new content aren't as few and far between, or have simply moved onto something else altogether.

EDIT: I also think that Shotbow no longer has anything original to bring to the table. You could argue that MTA is a cool idea, but why would you play it when you can play a real GTA game? Why would I play Slaughter when I could find a working wave defense game to play? MineZ was enjoyable because as far as I know, no one else was doing it. (although I suppose you could play DayZ, but I don't think it has the... kind of magic in it like MineZ does.) There is nothing new being rolled out until the 1.9 update, and God knows when that'll happen.
    dmminecraft1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.