1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

MineZ A Decade in Hell - [Comments Thread]

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by weedboi_420, Mar 5, 2015.

MineZ - A Decade in Hell - [Comments Thread]
  1. BlowoutSoon Regular Member

XP:
    500xp
    http://shotbow.net/forum/threads/a-decade-in-hell-storyline-thread.295219/

Do you have any comments? Helpful opinions? Criticism? Nasty insults? Feel free to tell me them here, and make sure you've read enough of the story for you to know what you want to talk about.

Policy #1: Keep in mind that a lot of the aspects of the story are made with headcanon which I've made that doesn't differ too much from the original gamemode, but would still just be a lot cooler. Like bows? Who the heck likes bows anymore? I'd tell you, flintlock rifles are in right now.

Policy #2: This is supposed to be brutally honest and realistic.

2. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
    Each sentence is complete and alive. A great setting. Written with a realistic approach. An interesting beginning/cause to the zombie apocalypse. Overall, this is something I would not mind reading multiple times. Keep it up.
    Ole_Byzantine likes this.
  3. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
    A casualty report? Quite interesting.
    weedboi_420 likes this.
  4. BlowoutSoon Regular Member

XP:
    500xp
    Well, people like charts.
  5. BlowoutSoon Regular Member

XP:
    500xp
    To the very few who paid attention to the story, I would wonder if you would seek of a handful of chapters possibly arriving before the end of July.

A Decade In Hell is loosely based on a lot of headcanon assuming that the MineZ maps and cities were huge, a sense of terror faced by humanity from the undead and a memoir left by a few of my relatives about the Bosnian War. Whenever I was really, really sick, I spent a lot of time typing up stories for science fiction, particularly with post-apocalyptic themes and making drawings to match them too. A Decade In Hell is rather based in realism so I could expand beyond using Minecraft words to describe things, and also that way I could make it beyond what Minecraft actually has, like the rifled muskets in the story at the Battle of Carmi. For two weeks now I have been hooked with the zombie genre in particular and it spurred a great deal of ideas in my mind that I couldn't resist putting in text, which I would preferably do transcribing them on A Decade In Hell.
    InquisitorEslaf likes this.
  6. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
    Wow. It has been quite a while since this story's last entry. I am glad to see it back in action and hope it continues. You have some interesting new additions, namely slime fire (which I assume is the equivalent of napalm). I will be looking forward to what happens to the protagonist as well, not just physically, but also mentally.

Write on!
  7. BlowoutSoon Regular Member

XP:
    500xp
    Today I made a particularly edgy and awfully dark addition. Canonical though.

He's not going to die, if you're wondering.

Still not going to die.

Not dead.
  8. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
    ...yet.
  9. BlowoutSoon Regular Member

XP:
    500xp
    The nature of the things said don't actually reflect my thoughts, you know.
  10. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
    I know your updates are not frequent, but your writing is still great!

One thing I will say (and I'm surprised I did not say something before) is to not mash the dialogues of multiple people into the same paragraph. It makes it difficult to follow.

Other than that, I do not have any other major criticisms. Each chapter is always better than the last. Keep it up!

P.S. Murat is my favorite character at this point.
  11. BlowoutSoon Regular Member

XP:
    500xp
    Thanks!

I've been trying to incorporate themes that aren't usually followed by a lot of stories. Like camaraderie, people having the personalities of people etc. I usually update when I get the ideas to do it.

I'm not sure if I've overdone it, at which point there is nothing I can do to undo, but I wrote Zehra off to be initially a mean and independent character. One of the themes I try to put in as well as the fact that people will have to trust others to survive, whether they want to or not, and that sometimes it isn't something you regret.
  12. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp

I do not think you overdid your characters to a noticeable extent. Your characters are pretty solid and believable.

As for your themes, they do resonate in your writing very well, especially in Desolate Steppes.
  13. BlowoutSoon Regular Member

XP:
    500xp
    All pictures are drawn on paint.net using a mouse. It's easier than you think.
  14. BlowoutSoon Regular Member

XP:
    500xp
    Why the fuck does my story thread have 44,000 views?

Please send help.
  15. hiddenbun Retired Staff

XP:
    569xp
    At one point last year Shotbow's forum views got bugged and all of the view counts were inflated heavily. That could be it... or people like me are just really interested in your stories! :D
    Unicycle43 likes this.