1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

MineZ: Origins - Final Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by halowars91, Mar 6, 2017.

MineZ: Origins - Final Update | Page 3
  1. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    MineZ gets updated and minez 2 gets removed, no merging.
    Tonkatsu129 and Mistri like this.

2. joonas1997 Platinum

XP:
    174,622xp
    What ?? how do you know that minez 2 will be removed ???
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  3. Lomrun Platinum

XP:
    209,777xp
    @Joonas1997

MineZ 2 will be removed when Shotbow gets updated at 1.9
    It will be moved to the garage, because there are no developers left.
    Here is an admin giving proof:
    https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/minez-2-update-discussion.368416/?_params=Array
    Its the comment #12 by JeroenHero

As for the confusing about MineZ 1 and 2 merging, it is not. MineZ 2 Lore is a prequel of MineZ 1. MineZ 1 is the present of the MineZ world, and that is why you saw the ruins of Helia of MineZ 2 in the trailer. MineZ 2 happend before MineZ 1 according the story. The game mechanics aren't merged. They story line does get merged a bit however. How? We'll see.
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  4. Iveon Regular Member

XP:
    38,014xp
    After works on Origins for Minez classic, can Minez classic devs work on Minez 2? I know Minez classic devs do not know Minez 2 codes and Minez classic staffs are not responsible for it, and i also heard admins saying Minez 2 coding is very complicated, but it broke from 2 years ago, to be never fixed till now and someone MUST revive it. So please if any Minez classic staffs have spare time for Minez 2 after this update thing on Minez classic, please do consider working on Minez 2.
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  5. sunlost Retired Staff

XP:
    217,843xp
    I agree, your frustration is justified, yet just because you are frustrated doesn't mean we can just wave the magic wand and make it roll out right now. We're looking for a good day to roll it out where a good amount of our developers will be around to hotfix things.

Unfortunately that's not something I can even begin to fathom, because I don't even know the day it's being rolled. Once the full admins have decided on a day it will probably be posted on the forums.
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  6. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    The good days were one week ago.
    C ya in 5 months
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  7. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp

MineZ 2 is getting removed? They said they wanted to focus on both fanbases of MineZ 1 and MineZ 2 though???
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  8. sunlost Retired Staff

XP:
    217,843xp
    It's going to the garage because our MineZ 2 developers aren't active anymore.

Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  9. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

No. You cannot have a date for exactly that reason. We cannot guarantee a date, and do not want to be held to one. Part of the reason this is taking so much time is because we need a block of time set aside to respond to issues that crop up immediately following release - bugs that were somehow missed during the testing phase. We want to ensure a great experience moving forward, and do not want to launch an update for it to have a major issue and it sit there with that issue for some time.
    Tonkatsu129 and FelixFB like this.
  10. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
    This is great and all but the fact is that minez is like a safe haven for ghostclienters and they will just get 1.9 clients or use Razer Synapse autoclickers and reak havoc. Your update might make the game itself better but those of us who get a lot of our enjoyment from the pvp side of things will either quit or just get an injected smooth aim + autoclicker and basically never get caught. Most of the legit pvp players are gonna just play on a minez alternative that screenshares and all the people who got banned for ghosting on there will come back to shotbow and make it more of a shithole than it already is.

I have a friend who just got sick of fighting clienters so he got a 4 block reach mod and he has been using it for months. I am not giving away names but the fact is that he would be banned on any server that pays attention to this sort of thing.

This whole "invasion of privacy" crap that shotbow has its policy + a minez alternative that actually does stuff about ghostclients will essentially seal the fate of minez.

TL:DR Shotbow does nothing about ghostclienters, minez alternative does, shotbow is screwed.
    Forblaze, Tonkatsu129 and kscopekid like this.
  11. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp

MineZ prides itself in being Shotbow's own creation and an original and unique game experience. There are no copies of it so far as Shotbow is aware.
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  12. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    Damn ! Cool trailer. This looks like second 15 August ! Can't handle the HYPE !
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  13. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
    There is but I don't want to get forum banned for advertising so i didn't say the name.
  14. MuffinMinister Platinum

XP:
    116,583xp
    Andrew_64_MC has quite literally stated that as soon as there is a release date more specific information will be posted on the forum.
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  15. MuffinMinister Platinum

XP:
    116,583xp
    Then, i ask bravely, why dont we have a premium-only alpha like we have had for pretty much all big gamemodes on the network? Like that should eliminate most if not all issues and bugs that werent found in the closed behind the scenes testing phase
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  16. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    We have a public beta of all mechanics at beta.Shotbow.net
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  17. Friendly123 Co-Lead Builder

XP:
    405,457xp
    I didn't personally work on this Origins project as I was fairly new to the build team when I heard about it but yes. Glad the build team is recognized :D.

Sunlost thanks for all you do man.
    Tonkatsu129 and _RunningKing_ like this.
  18. CoastinJosh Platinum

XP:
    3,056,817xp
    So can we expect this to roll out sometime in March?
    Tonkatsu129 and _RunningKing_ like this.
  19. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    That's what you think...
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  20. kscopekid Platinum

XP:
    151,188xp
    Of all mechanics?
    He means a beta of the actual origins update, not just 1.9. I've looked around in the beta and there hasnt been any substantial changes besides a lot more bugs.
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.