1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question Is anyone still developing on Shotbow?

Discussion in 'The Network' started by Erbear10, Feb 24, 2017.

Question - Is anyone still developing on Shotbow?
  1. Erbear10 Platinum

XP:
    301,867xp
    The title says it all is their any developers that are still currently updating this server?

2. Athys Platinum

XP:
    279,640xp
    Yes, our team of developers are currently working on getting the server updated to 1.9. As of now, this update is 100% complete, we are only waiting for two important developers to spare the free time to monitor the update's rollout. We do not have a set date for the update. Other developers are also working on updates and bug fixes after 1.9 is released
    Micatchu and DutchBartje like this.
  3. Erbear10 Platinum

XP:
    301,867xp
    Is this 1.9 Update for the Whole server or specific Games, along with this are Games Such as WiR, MineZ2 going to be completed and Updates to Anni's unbalanced classes going to be fixed and put this game back to its Golden Age? Or is this update just changing the server to 1.9 and that's it?
  4. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

The entire of Shotbow will move to a 1.9 instance with most gamemodes making the transition to 1.9.

For Annihilation there is a small update upon release of 1.9 (you can see it now on the beta instance!) with another update when 1.9 is confirmed stable and free of game breaking bugs/issues.
    HungerHealer and DutchBartje like this.
  5. Dag_The_Pimple Platinum

XP:
    50,424xp
    Will we still be able to play on 1.7? cause in my opinion especially for pvp and fps 1.7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1.9
    boogaert likes this.
  6. Creeperker Ruby

XP:
    1,944,942xp
    We couldn't. 1.7 isn't good version at developing server.
  7. Superbob1000 Retired Staff

XP:
    87,366xp
    We have reverted PvP to replicate 1.8 style PvP.
  8. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    Other mini admins such as yourself have commented that you aren't given periodic information regarding the progress of the update, and even some full admins remark that they have not been made aware of progress either. How do you account for this discrepancy?
    CoastinJosh and Incredible_PvP like this.
  9. Creeperker Ruby

XP:
    1,944,942xp
    But my friend other mini admin said such same things. He said "1.9 is full done and we're just waiting for Highlife and Adam decide the release day."
    MTrout likes this.
  10. SirPineapplez Regular Member

XP:
    20,659xp
    Of course there are developers developing this server. Their the ones who try to get new things for the server. To be honest Shotbow's team of developers are a group of hard workers.
    MTrout likes this.
  11. Athys Platinum

XP:
    279,640xp

It depends on whether or not a mini-admin or a full-admin decides to check up on all of the tid-bits of information available on Slack. I happen to check in on the progress of many things so I know what's happening across all of the different teams and projects across the network, this isn't mandatory for all mini-admins or full-admins
    MTrout and _RunningKing_ like this.
  12. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    Interesting.
    WWII, UnqualifiedNoob and CoastinJosh like this.
  13. Micatchu Platinum

XP:
    323,927xp
    Wow, really around the corner then! Can't be long now :lmao:
  14. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
    Some development is paused, most of it is still going on behind the scenes :wink:
    For example the Annihilation classes update (part 1) which is getting closer to completion.
    Also keep in mind that a lot of development is not even noticeable by players and therefore unannounced. For example changes to Anticheat, Admin tools or the Shotbow infrastructure. These changes do often occur.
  15. Creeperker Ruby

XP:
    1,944,942xp
    So is it true that 1.9 is full done(coded) and we're just waiting for Highlife and Adam?
  16. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
    I can confirm that 1.9 is fully done.
    We now have to wait for a weekend where at least 2 core system developers are available during the entire weekend to roll and fix potential issues.
    JesseTheSkrub and Creeperker like this.
  17. The_Pumpkin_King Regular Member

XP:
    9,742xp
    Will the 1.9 server be playable in 1.8.9?
  18. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
    Nope
  19. The_Pumpkin_King Regular Member

XP:
    9,742xp
    Sadly me and my friends will greatly decrease in our playtime if we can't play in 1.8.9. Whats the reason behind this? Is it just a programming issue? As other servers are in 1.10 and we can play in 1.8.9.
  20. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Why? if you have problems with 1.10, maybe I can help you :)