1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Please do this

Discussion in 'GhostCraft' started by Ewayne, Jan 22, 2017.

Suggestion - Please do this
  1. Ewayne Platinum

XP:
    251,905xp

2. akitaboy2 Regular Member

XP:
    2,995xp
    and when they announce a fix is in the works they'll hit you with a

[IMG]
    Braiti likes this.
  3. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    What had made me move through so many dead and pointless years was curiosity. Now even that flickered out.
    bellyjellybean likes this.
  4. sunlost Retired Staff

XP:
    217,843xp
    Due to the current state of our servers, we can't really roll out an update to ghostcraft until we have 1.9 released. (Ghostcraft was my favorite Shotbow game too, I understand exactly how you feel.)

Once we have finished all of our current developement work we can take a look at some of our garaged games.
    Superbob1000 and Unicycle43 like this.
  5. mini_mc1 Platinum

XP:
    51,482xp
    Me: Update gc?
    Shotbow: lol 1.9 #feelsbadman
    Me: it's now 1.11...
    bellyjellybean likes this.
  6. sunlost Retired Staff

XP:
    217,843xp
    Our servers aren't on 1.9.
  7. Trashcant Gold

XP:
    38,789xp
    Even if GC came back now, I don't think that most of the old players would return. It has been so long since GC was functionable that we have all moved on with our lives. The GC community was dying out before the game was unplayable.

If GC does come back, it won't last long if the community is made the same way is was before. What you had was a tight knit group of experts at the game who were all friends, and that made it very hard for someone new to come in and play. If this happens again, that tight knit group will eventually move on and the community will dissolve, as it did before.

I am long past being optimistic for GC to return. If it was going to come back, we would have been told more than "After 1.9" and "We are working on it". GC is dead and so is the community of people who played it. I want it to be fixed as much as you all do, but it isn't going to happen anytime soon.
    Vuzed, bellyjellybean, Ewayne and 3 others like this.
  8. sunlost Retired Staff

XP:
    217,843xp
    This response applies to the last paragraph of your post.

As a mini admin, I'm not told much besides "it'll be considered after 1.9", so that's what I'm able to tell you. If we were never going to bring it back, we would have posted about it and removed it from the garage. It's in the garage temporarily unless we decide there's no future for it.
  9. Trashcant Gold

XP:
    38,789xp
    In my experience, more than a year isn't temporary. I think 'indefinitely' would have been a better descriptor for the length of time GC will be here. I mean we haven't been told anything about GC recently, it seems pretty forgotten.

A time frame of approximetly when it will return would be really nice.

Just let us know that we aren't forgotten, ya know ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯
    oshiimine, Ewayne and Wun like this.
  10. sunlost Retired Staff

XP:
    217,843xp
    As much as I'd love to see ghostcraft return, it just can't be addressed until after 1.9.

We'd have to decide that it's both worth developement time, and that it would have a dedicated playerbase after re-release.
  11. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
    If an existing developer wants to take on this project, it could come back. Yet if no developer wants to it probably won't happen.
    It'll be considered post Goldrush.
  12. Bergmanman Platinum

XP:
    558,653xp
    So why does the server keep the game around? It clearly hasn't been worked on and won't be worked on for a very long time, if ever. Yet Shotbow refuses to do what is necessary to bring the game back. They don't hire new developers, they don't add encouragement to work on abandoned games to current developers, and lastly they will not give away the game to a server that WILL work on it.

Honestly, the way Shotbow is running their server is a giant F you to the entire playerbase.

Random Player: "I'd love to play Ghostcraft, WiR, or any other game not being worked on."
    Random Staff: "Oh we can't/don't want to work on it but we also won't give it to someone who will."
    Random Player: "k."

Rinse and repeat, Shotbow, because its clearly working so far.
    dmminecraft1, Wun and Trashcant like this.
  13. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
    We have already announced that Minez 2 will be moving into the garage.

We really want to work on new games but it isn't possible yet. After 1.9 it'll be a priority for us.
  14. Bergmanman Platinum

XP:
    558,653xp

You responded to none of my comment. I'm not looking for work on new games, I don't want new games like Gold Rush or MineZ Origins. I want the old games that everyone knows were fun, like the ones I stated in my previous post.
    dmminecraft1, WWII, Ewayne and 3 others like this.
  15. ccccccccccccccc Regular Member

XP:
    3,954xp
    garage, back burner, etc. = dead and buried
    soon™
  16. bellyjellybean Platinum

XP:
    102,562xp
    Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time. I cry.
    dmminecraft1 likes this.