1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Griffin Feedback

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by AlecJ, Jan 20, 2017.

Discussion - Griffin Feedback
  1. AlecJ Retired Staff

XP:
    383,705xp
    Let us know what you thought of the map! Changes you'd like to see, things you really appreciated or enjoyed about the map design, and if you'd like to see this in the rotation!

Remember, this is for constructive criticism. If you aren't adding anything to the discussion, your post will be deleted. Have at it!
    Wheys, noahvr, DutchSurvivor and 5 others like this.

2. OkeyIPullUp Regular Member

XP:
    12,604xp
    First!! Also noice map would love to play it :heart:

But this map would be 100 times better if there were a Goat statue built in the middle...
    noahvr and Genuinity like this.
  3. HungerHealer Silver

XP:
    19,178xp
    Thanks for doing this.
    You can PM me the asnwers and delete this comment if you want to.

This is irrelevant for the map, but since your other thread is locked.
    1. Would you play test other maps?
    2. Can you put the central european time in the thread next time.
    if you're aiming to do a test for the european playerbase (I missed this playtest)
    3. When will the map rotatian be back? After 1.9?
    3.1. Same as point 3 when will Thaw and Tirreg be implemented because it was promised in may 2016, I know its though with the 1.9 on the rollback server or so (explained to me by an fellow non-staff member - never had a full disclosureby a staff member).
    4. Will there be a voting system for the map rotation? Or will it be choosen by a single staff member again?
    5. If I upload my map and if it gets received well will it have a change to be playtested?
    5.1. Are any other good maps gonna be playtested like vectole's Districts.
    noahvr and _RunningKing_ like this.
  4. DutchBartje Emerald

XP:
    502,680xp
    I think the staffteam will playtest every map eventually, it just takes time.
    If you put in a little bit of effort, you know when the maptest in the sandbox is taking place. Click here for a timezone converter
    Please elaborate? We have a map rotation up and running, or am I missing the point completely?
    Tirreg and Thaw will both be implemented when the new Annihilation update is released.
    The map you are going to be testing is not in the rotation yet, it's being tested and therefore not yet accepted. If like today the map "Griffin" by Friendly123 is being tested, there is no voting available for players. The whole point behind the playtesting is: 1. How is the gameplay on the map. 2. Are there any bugs, glitches or anything along those lines. 3. The map needs to be perfect before it goes into the rotation.
    Yes, it has a chance to be playtested, but it has to meet all the requirements listed here.
    I don't think they have anything planned for Districts yet, but I sure hope it is going to be playtested shortly.
    noahvr and SkyeZ like this.
  5. SkyeZ Gold

XP:
    503,377xp

ur the morgan freeman of minecraft
    noahvr and DutchBartje like this.
  6. andrew323 Retired Staff

XP:
    127,641xp
    I'll answer these as best I can.
    We'll do playtests for all maps that receive good feedback from their threads. This includes the first post likes, so if you want something tested be sure to like the creator's post.

After 1.9. We cannot make any map changes until then, so the rotation is stalled.

I'm not sure what you mean here, there's always been a voting system. Although for maps going in, it wasn't by poll but by feedback received during/after testing. I have ideas on other ways to do this to involve the community more, but nothing is set in stone yet.
    noahvr, DutchBartje and ripshotbow like this.
  7. HungerHealer Silver

XP:
    19,178xp
    Thanks for answer this. + Its a shame that the map rotation is on a hold, to keep the game fresh the content must be regularly changed.
    Some certain maps that got implemented had like 20 likes on there feedback thread and wern't that well received in the playtest either.
    And there are a few maps with like 100 likes and im not sure if where even playtested, so i thought 1 staff member/rotation team decides just randomly which map will be implemented. (Maps like Cavern, Nature).

- Bad English.
    noahvr likes this.
  8. Friendly123 Co-Lead Builder

XP:
    405,457xp
    Some things I saw for the map when being tested would include:
    #1: Lighting glitch in nexus area, vampire's can abuse it
    #2: Protection area is too big.

Will be changing these two things for sure.
    noahvr likes this.
  9. noahvr Silver

XP:
    2,836xp
    Off topic but will thaw and tireg just be added or will they replace two maps?
  10. SkyeZ Gold

XP:
    503,377xp
    I suggest decreasing the size of the map without ruining the awesome builds
  11. Unhinge Platinum

XP:
    101,685xp
    Maybe make some spots for people to void scorp people at base? ;^)
    But mainly add more defender spots , on the ledges seems like good spots
    Friendly123 likes this.
  12. Friendly123 Co-Lead Builder

XP:
    405,457xp
    Ahh yes, forgot about that, definitely will be doing that!
  13. gunso_ Retired Staff

XP:
    681,846xp
    It's always a blast playing a map for the first time. Great build.
    Here's what I thought about gameplay. Just things I'd like to point out, but not necessarily negative.

- Had a hard time finding the mines. First time playing, so inevitable.
    It would be nice to have a schematic for download and a 2D map image showing the mine locations

- IMO, the build protect regions needs to cover all of the towers
    I was able to block up the towers, place a tp and launcher. The launcher allowed us to go straight into the nexus room entrance.
    If we bothered to gear up (and weren't given the op stick and paper), it would've been easy to destroy the enemy nexus.
    If the game wasn't a sandbox, it would've felt like one of those frustrating Amazon games for defense.
    I saw other teams pouring water down the towers. It was flooding a large area around base.

- a lot of detail around base makes it difficult to "build" a defense, and also makes it hard to notice the enemy sneaking in
    Maybe less leaves/bushes, and move things around a bit

I would definitely consider this map (in its current form) to be one of the tp game maps (like amazon, cavern1.0, and castles)
    Not a bad thing. But gameplay tends to focus on tp placement early in the game.
  14. MakssswordYT Platinum

XP:
    487,240xp
    we need more maps, so put it into rotation.
    ripshotbow likes this.
  15. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    726,831xp
    This will happen as soon as 1.9/the update is rolled out. Be patient mate:)
    ripshotbow likes this.