1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Jetpack refuelability

Discussion in 'Mine Theft Auto' started by SkyTime13, Jan 9, 2017.

Suggestion - Jetpack refuelability
?

Should jetpacks be refuelable/have upgrades?

Jetpacks should have upgrades! 8 vote(s) 42.1%
Jetpacks shouldn't have upgrades. 9 vote(s) 47.4%
Jetpacks should have refuelability! 11 vote(s) 57.9%
Jetpacks shouldn't have refuelability. 8 vote(s) 42.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SkyTime13 Regular Member

XP:
    12,260xp
    At the moment, jetpacks can't be refueled, so when it runs out you have to go and buy another jetpack for $5K. However, if it runs out while in a fight you can't really go and buy another jetpack - or if it runs out in the middle of nowhere. So I think jetpacks should be refuelable at gas stations (gotta use em for something right?) for $10 per every 5 fuel. This means that if you wanted to fully refuel an empty jetpack it'd cost $440. Also, a few side suggestions: Bound items shouldn't vanish when dropped, they should just reappear on death, so you could give them to other people. Jetpacks should also be bound but they should lose all of their fuel on death, meaning that if you died to a cop you'd need to get $440. Bound items not vanishing when dropped would most likely bring more players to MTA, due to the fact that accidentally pressing Q when you actually wanted to press W wouldn't destroy a bound item and players would ragequit less. Also, jetpack upgrades. More fuel, faster flight, and reduced fuel consumption, for $1K per upgrade. More fuel doubles the amount of the jetpack's fuel storage increasing it to 480 but also increasing the empty to full refuel cost to $880. Faster flight does exactly what it says on the tin: you fly faster, at the speed of sprinting while using a jetpack. Reduced fuel consumption is pretty self-explanatory. It halves how much fuel is used. But, reduced fuel consumption should cost $2K instead. These upgrades also shouldn't stack. Onto my final side suggestion: Remove the flight speed limit for jetpacks. This would probably be necessary for the flight speed upgrade to work, but it'd still be a good idea to remove it.

TL;DR

Jetpacks need upgrades and refuelability.
    Hollow_Leg likes this.

2. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    Short version: No
    Long version: Jetpacks never have been supposed to be for air fights neither are they supposed to be endless useable. If you could do so, why would you ever stop using them again? They are supposed as a high expensive cool feature that lets you visit places you normally couldn't. This feature should stay as it is. Upgrades would it maje even more powerful then it actually is. If you had more or even endless speed of them nobody would use jets, helicopters and happy hacker party since everyone could use fly hacks and you can't really proof that hes not just using a jetpack.

And making bound items dropping on death... do you ever asked yourself what bound means? It does mean that they are lost on death. In most cases because spreading them would affect the game negatively.
  3. KounterattacK Gold

XP:
    139,335xp
    You can buy jetpacks on your phone if you have the money on hand.

Jetpacks aren't meant to be "unlimited". If you want something unlimited, I suggest getting your hands on a "Swift". (Side note, later on, once you've gotten very good, the 5K cost isn't really an issue for the jetpack)

Let me tell you, if you never lost your half-stack of bands on death, things would be chaos. And jetpacks, again, aren't unlimited, so why have them be soulbound after death? Also, on the down-low, I changed my drop key to "C" a LONG time ago, and if your having problems, I recommend you do the same too.

Jetpacks were made slow for a reason, and that reason is because if they weren't, they would be OP. If you have a jetpack that lasts for 480 seconds, and flew at the speed of a slow jet, why on earth would you use anything else? The jetpacks were nerfed for a reason, and if you would like a more detailed answer, you can PM and il give you a more in-depth response.

^^^ Same answer as above ^^^
  4. Micatchu Platinum

XP:
    323,927xp
    5k for a jetpack is really nothing, and quicker than refueling. buy from the phone and ready ( /shop )
    Hollow_Leg, _00100011_ and Ktrompfl like this.
  5. SkyTime13 Regular Member

XP:
    12,260xp
    For people like me who are new 5k is NOT nothing.

Also, I spent a LOT of time writing this post. And when I say a lot I mean a lot.
    Hollow_Leg and KounterattacK like this.
  6. Micatchu Platinum

XP:
    323,927xp
    If you are new (welcome to MTA :wink:). In time you will see that 5k is really nothing. By just looting a few chests and selling the loot you will easy within a couple of looting rounds have like 20-30k extra. Farming cops (without getting killed...) will also easily bring a lot of loot and money. A long farming round can give like 20k or more. Succeded heists will also give money. Leveling up fast is key, will make you stronger and give more money when heisting.

You can check some of our youtube video's. Kounter has some great videos about looting places and weapons and I have some tutorials and how to level up fast:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mta kounterattack "top 5 best"
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mta micatchu

And binary is just being funny (as always :stuck_out_tongue:) your question is not retarded there are other mc gta servers where for example refeuling is a fact, but that doesn't necessarily make it cheaper... Anyway Kounter answers it very well here above, those are the reasons for the jetpacks being as they are in MTA. all valid and logical reasons.
  7. sumbichesyo Platinum

XP:
    540,286xp
    skytime, the people responding are at level 90+, I suggest you go to grove, loot chests and sell guns for money.
  8. SkyTime13 Regular Member

XP:
    12,260xp
    I don't have an alt.
    Hollow_Leg likes this.
  9. Micatchu Platinum

XP:
    323,927xp
    you dont need an alt, skytime. what do you mean by that?
    Hollow_Leg likes this.
  10. akitaboy2 Regular Member

XP:
    2,995xp
    you can always use togglesneak
    Hollow_Leg likes this.
  11. SkyTime13 Regular Member

XP:
    12,260xp
    the comments said you needed an alt
    Hollow_Leg likes this.
  12. vampire_toothy Obsidian

XP:
    86,698xp
    Not exactly the nicest way to tell somebody you disagree with them, is it? If you're going to tell someone you disagree with them, try to tell them why you disagree with them and how they can improve their suggestion instead of just insulting said person over their suggestion. While I agree that this is not the best suggestion in the whole world, a suggestion doesn't come without reason and has an origin behind it, while a higher level player knows that this isn't a good idea, everybody has their own way of viewing a game and that is how it will always be, and with that, everyone will always have their own suggestions and it's up to you to give proper feedback or agree with whatever you end up agreeing with by liking the post you agree with, otherwise if you got nothing constructive to add to the post, it's probably best not to say it at all.
  13. SkyTime13 Regular Member

XP:
    12,260xp
    I don't have the drop key problem tho, my move keys are the arrow keys.
    Hollow_Leg likes this.
  14. de3tr0yer Regular Member

XP:
    18,020xp
    I agree with you on the fact that Jetpacks should be able to be refueled. The price for a jetpack in my opinion is reasonable but the fact that hey are a 1 use item is not. We are thinking about this as high level players who have money to spend but many people dont want to go a farm for hours to gain enough to buy some gear which they will most likely loose if they ever use it.
    Hollow_Leg likes this.
  15. sumbichesyo Platinum

XP:
    540,286xp
    Whoa Whoa

Toggle sneak is considered speed hacks when combined with jetpack. I would think twice before putting that on.
    Hollow_Leg likes this.
  16. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    If you have refueling for jetpacks it should be one million dollars for one fuel
    noobfan and Ktrompfl like this.
  17. akitaboy2 Regular Member

XP:
    2,995xp
    it's fine if nobody has proof of you doing it :wink:
    Hollow_Leg likes this.
  18. SkyTime13 Regular Member

XP:
    12,260xp
    How is it speed hacks?
    Hollow_Leg likes this.
  19. noobfan Retired Staff

XP:
    331,986xp
    It is considered a 'hack' / Modified client because it alters the game play of the jetpack which gives on unfair advantage over other players therefore its bannable
    Hollow_Leg likes this.
  20. akitaboy2 Regular Member

XP:
    2,995xp
    just change jp an easy way to travel ffs and add in "you cannot fly while shooting/in combat"
    Hollow_Leg likes this.