1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Announcement Annihilation 1.9 Update Changelog #2

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Jeroenhero, Oct 4, 2016.

Announcement - Annihilation 1.9 Update Changelog #2 | Page 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokeminer9999 Platinum

XP:
    203,980xp
    The real question is: What is going to happen to pvp? If Annihilation switches to 1.9 what is left of this server will die out.

Also! Are the admins actually going to focus on the real issues, like Ghostcraft being missing, most of the kits in annihilation being useless besides scout, whereas in the old days of anni vampire, engineer, healer, and warrior were useful and even more recently, but still ages ago riftwalker, hunter, and especially bloodmage had a use. No admins have addressed this, and in game I am ignored, whereas when someone asks about Mine Theft Auto they get an answer.

Like 3 people play Mine Theft Auto, but Annihilation is all that is left of this server, but now all the kits have some useless 2 minute cooldown ability that does like 3 damage, meanwhile scouts fly around the map killing everyone. Scout used to not be as good, because other kits were good. For example, warrior used to have a stone sword and with its passive it was equivalent to an iron sword, without having to take extra damage from some frenzy ability. Also, it had KB which had some uses. But now, you can just go scout and deal 1 less damage than warrior currently, but be able to chase down and kill anyone, and escape from anyone. Scout used to be relatively less weak earlier in terms of combat, so its speed was its only valuable asset, which kind of held the game in balance.

Another problem is that when strength rushing, I have no idea what class to choose. No kits aid strength rushing, so you might aswell pick scout. Whereas, in the past, you could go bloodmage, which gave that class a purpose. Basically, in the past, most kits had a purpose of some sort. Nowdays, there are little uses for each class, they just have different ways of saying, "deal additional 2 damage every 60 seconds."

Old Vampire was really strong at night, thus it had a purpose. Old engineer could utilitze redstone unlike any other class to make cheeky traps, thus it had a purpose. Healer could provide a significant boost to your allies mid, or with enough healers you could strength rush with all healers, thus it had a purpose. Old Hunter had an open ended kit with endless possibilities, you could theoretically get infinite wolves, and it was really fun to strength rush with and splash potions on a huge pack of wolves and watch them go ham, thus it had a purpose. Warrior was a default kit for dealing a lot of damage early and being useful as a leather, thus it had a purpose. Riftwalker acted as an alternative for transporter, that made an interesting meta in my opinion that revolved around teamwork, that is something to envy in a game, thus it had a purpose. Old Assassin gave Haste II, which was really nice for breaking the opponents nexus faster, thus it had a purpose. Old spy had the backstab ability which gave the player a reason to stay invisible in the same spot for a long time, this it had a purpose.

I also hope that the new kits: spider, wizard, mercenary, dasher, and alchemist are given a purpose. Dasher had the most potential to be fun because it was open-ended and had an ability that could be used constantly, rather than having long cooldowns for useless abilities.
    Uranium_Ranger and ScrubADubDubs like this.

2. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,347xp
    When it will be out? Annihilation 2.0 is boring anymore :/ #WeWannaAnni3
  3. Leveron1995 Platinum

XP:
    186,924xp
    this sv still out of date when you all will update the sv? 2017 is coming and new versions coming up and you all still stuck in 1.9 hahaha nice!
  4. goshe07 Regular Member

XP:
    7,247xp
    so theres no more comboes? :(
  5. CoastinJosh Platinum

XP:
    3,056,817xp
    Are we looking at a release this Sunday?
  6. WWII Platinum

XP:
    76xp
    The best part... :(
  7. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
    Oh there are some better parts against Nukers, behind the screens :)
  8. CoastinJosh Platinum

XP:
    3,056,817xp
    Are you guys close enough to being done that you can give us a date?
  9. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
    I can't tell you when we're releasing. I have no clue myself.
  10. CoastinJosh Platinum

XP:
    3,056,817xp
    Oh I see, that's sad to hear. Have you guys made allot of progress since the last 1.9 update changelog released 49 days ago?
  11. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
    During the last month('s), the main focus was on making other games 1.9 compatible.
    For Annihilation several bugs have been fixed, for example chat not working and a few others.
    We've also worked on some cosmetic features (Yet to be announced), and the next classes update. More information about these will be coming when 1.9 is released.
    gunso_ likes this.
  12. aysharapov Guest

XP:
    xp
    Dont worry guys, Anni 1.9 will be out when Minecraft is on the 1.16 beta. Dont worry, only a few more years!
    CoastinJosh and UnqualifiedNoob like this.
  13. aysharapov Guest

XP:
    xp
    Chat not working? WOW, WHAT A GREAT BUG THATS BEEN SOLVED. Honestly, why focus on making other games 1.9 compatible when only a few players play them? Anni gets HUNDREDS of players a day, but it only gets tiny bity updates that take years to get fully added. Ive seen anni having 400+ players, meanwhile other shitty games have less than 40 players. Like seriously Shotbow, get your priorities set on. Devs, work on Anni, not small gamemodes. We dont care about small gamemodes. We want new anni.
    Do I have to be more specific or?
  14. CoastinJosh Platinum

XP:
    3,056,817xp
    Shouldn't the priority be the game mode that brings in the majority of players?

is this a joke? wtf?

How exciting! this will surely help bring back everyone who has left due to lack of updates for anni.

I realize i sound pretty rude but at this point I'm done waiting, allot of my friends have been saying I'm crazy to even still play on shotbow, they've all moved on to better games.

I don't blame the staff, you guys don't get paid, and that's the problem.
  15. aysharapov Guest

XP:
    xp
    True, #BlameSaunders?
    nemo212 likes this.
  16. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    Definitely. The model that Shotbow has of not actually paying people with positions that, by all measures, should be full-time employees really seems dubious. In fact, I'm impressed that it's lasted so long to begin with. Anyways, the damage is done - with Shotbow's current declining playerbase and declining purchases it's unlikely that Shotbow will ever have enough income to actually pay their employees.

It's not surprising that we don't see any progress here - and I really do accept that it's impossible to make progress without actually employing people. The part that I find absolutely gut-wrenchingly disgusting is that people still pretend that progress is being made. When the highlight of your update is fixing a production bug that kept chat from working, why should people even bother to keep paying attention?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.