1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion When in Rogue 1.9

Discussion in 'When in Rogue' started by Jarool, Jul 29, 2016.

Discussion - When in Rogue 1.9
  1. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    With Shotbow becoming 1.9, and thus Gold Rush actually coming, does this mean that we can see When in Rogue in the near future?

It seems to be the case, but in the NEAR future. Not in a year or two!
    Unicycle43, Not_Botifier and Mistri like this.

2. Sad Emerald

XP:
    885,564xp
    Best game!
  3. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    Timelines are hard - which is why we never give ETAs. It's especially difficult when you don't know how much time Developers are going to have or be able to dedicate.

So we've got 1.9 - making sure 1.9 is stable and smooth we've got current minigame bugfixing, then:
    • Development should resume on most current games
    • Development should continue on [[ REDACTED ]]
    • Development should start on HCFactions
    • Development should resume on GoldRush
    I think that's our priorities (in order). Once we have those underway, we'll be looking at our resources - where they're being spent, where we can spend them, and then it comes down to the other games in the Garage. When in Rogue? Wasted: Control, etc.

I do not think we'll see WiR in the "near" future (by your definition). The work done creatively for what When in Rogue should be is pretty cool stuff, but it all takes some development time.

So to sum it up - resource allocation going to other things before WiR, then maybe WiR? Priorities shift though, so it's hard to nail it down. Internally we really want to get When in Rogue out there because it's an awesome piece of game in a niche that not a lot of people are filling.

It is as of yet improper to hype over [[ REDACTED ]] so please don't.
    ranger958, Chaospillager and Fluffoon like this.
  4. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    While hearing that WiR isn't being put up any time soon is saddening, I'm not sad with the response. It's exciting to hear HCF and GoldRush are going to become a main priority, as I have high hopes for them. I'll keep my hype down for this [[ REDACTED ]] thing (and keep it there) for you. Not the best news, but I'll take it!
    Unicycle43 and Navarr like this.
  5. Bergmanman Platinum

XP:
    558,653xp
    This post made me pretty sad. WiR, while it was out, was probably my favorite game. It had all the potential in the world, but instead Shotbow changed their priorities.
    That was posted on June 18th, 2015. Over a year ago from my typing this. No progress has been made visible to the players, so how are we supposed to believe that any of this is true? You said it was near the TOP, but now it isn't even on the priorities list?

Honestly, I'm just disappointed that Shotbow decided to shun this gamemode.
  6. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

We shift priorities however commonly is necessary, and we received a lot of feedback that we were neglecting our current games too much for our new projects. We wanted to address that, and so it became our top priority. With that, the 1.9 update is a massive undertaking for us and took priority over that.

Other new game projects are only prioritized over it as they should be simple and not take a lot of time (which When in Rogue - with the creative updates coming to it - will).

We love When in Rogue and are super excited about pushing it - it's one of our most desired projects, but we have to be realistic and there's a lot of responsibilities we have to fulfill before we can really dedicate ourselves to working on
  7. _Arty Gold

XP:
    25,513xp
    And what about ghostcraft? :(
  8. sunlost Retired Staff

XP:
    217,843xp
    Ghostcraft won't be forgotten either! It's really in the same place as When in Rogue right now. We love it, we want it to succeed, but developement time is hard to come by sometimes, especially with this 1.9 update. After 1.9, we'll definitely have the option to explore bringing back ghostcraft.
    AnotherGuy100 and _Arty like this.
  9. Jetix Platinum

XP:
    45,890xp
    One of the main reasons I bought plat was to play WiR. It is a very exciting and different game mode for other modes on popular servers. That being said, I realize that the Shotbow 1.9 update is a big priority (as it should be). Still, WiR is a great game type and it would be amazing to see it make a reappearance!
  10. wowgnomes Platinum

XP:
    66,247xp
    I can't wait for when in rogue is back!
  11. Thrackerz0d Platinum

XP:
    48,564xp
    This needs to exist again sooner, I want to get all my hardcore runs done again, I love it so much.
  12. ItsWolfye Obsidian

XP:
    29,598xp
    BACK TO GRINDING BOYS.
    Whenever it comes out anyways ._.
  13. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    All I can say is that we are still VERY obsessed with When in Rogue internally.
    TOPYKE and Goldblade like this.
  14. Echotech Regular Member

XP:
    26,158xp
    I decided to come back and give a hand - please write a PM to me if I'm needed with my 3D models.
  15. Mangraz Platinum

XP:
    51,836xp
    I really hope this obsession will have consequences, I really miss When In Rogue!