1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other Annihilation: The Four Armies (Giveaway Thread)

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Rebel_Vanguard, May 2, 2016.

Other - Annihilation: The Four Armies (Giveaway Thread) | Page 4
  1. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    Well, we're nearing the end people, and I'd just like to let you know how empty I'll feel when this is all over. Until then, just keep your heads about you and check in for the next riddle. Thanks for reading my off handed comment!

Spoiler Alert: This is your next riddle. I told you I'd do this one of these days. There are three keywords here. Good luck. (#rebelisajerk)

2. Lomrun Platinum

XP:
    209,777xp
    Are you talking about the wither boss? Cuz he has 3 Heads, and he is off handed (no hands). Just a wild guess, only glimpsed at it for a sec :lmao:.
    Heimdall_Bifrost likes this.
  3. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    Well... that was quick.

But yes, you're completely correct, it was referencing the Wither! But... that means that the no one can tie Heimdall now. But, the second place prize is still up for grabs. There are only two riddles left. Good luck, everyone.
  4. WobbleWalrus Silver

XP:
    283,751xp
    Gah this is why school is bad, 7 hours a day when I can't check this forum...
    adriantran12345 likes this.
  5. MilkeeW Platinum

XP:
    722,259xp
    Dang it, this is what I get for slacking off.
  6. WobbleWalrus Silver

XP:
    283,751xp
    I feel like its been long enough without a response that either you're busy or theres a riddle in your message. I'm just gonna wing it and say that there is no prize for second because in Anni, there is no prize for second.
  7. Lomrun Platinum

XP:
    209,777xp
    Well if you are second in annihilation, you get rewarded for 30xp. :lmao:
  8. WobbleWalrus Silver

XP:
    283,751xp
    So then the prize for getting second in this is 30xp... Well it's something.
  9. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    My most sincere apologies, my friends. I've been really busy with finals and planning a trip that I'm going on tomorrow, and I haven't given this thread the attention it deserves. That is my mistake.

The intention is for this to be finished up, but as it is now, this thread may need to be inactive for a while yet. However, I'm wanting to announce something in order to make it up to you guys.

Second place's prize has been changed back to what it was if you tied Heimdall! Yes, that's right, I realized that I made a bit of a mistake in my original plans, and I failed to account for the fact that it was unlikely that it would get to one of the second place contenders before it got to a new contestant. But, for this prize to work, I realize that the riddle needs to reach someone who is already in second place, and no one else.

So at this point, I'm left with either choosing to close the contest off everyone except those in second place currently. OR, I could do something that I am against, but that still might work. I could *shudder* keep adding riddles past #10. I'm not exactly in favor of either of those ideas, but that's the only way that I can guarantee that someone gets the second place prize, and that I'm not giving it to multiple people. (Because, SPOILER ALERT: I'm not made of money.)

Anyway, sorry about the delay. It will be a while before the contest can continue, and I apologize for that, but that's how it is at the moment. Let me know what you guys think, and I'll continue from there. Thanks for understanding!
    DutchBartje likes this.
  10. WobbleWalrus Silver

XP:
    283,751xp
    So heres what I think. You should close the contest to everyone who does not already have one point. Yes I understand this means people who have missed the chance of scoring a point will not be able to catch up. I am one of those people. It's out faults for not joining in at the beginning of this thread and if you DID join in at the beginning and still don't have ONE point, you should give up anyway, this isnt your time to shine. As one of the people who will be kicked, I think I can say this without much hate, it's your thread, your story, and your prize, don't let the players take control of the game.
    Wobble, out
  11. MilkeeW Platinum

XP:
    722,259xp
    I'm not really sure what to say here because it is true that you are not made of money and you have a life outside of this forum, like you trip. I'm going to say just keep the amount of riddles at 10 because you seem to have a lot of other things in you pr life that you have to attend to. Plus, you are the person promoting Shotbow's Annihilation with your own money. Thank you for doing this giveaway.
    Rebel_Vanguard and zyong like this.
  12. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    Well, it's been an taxing week, full of physical exhaustion, sleep deprivation, and nothing resembling an actual vacation. That said, it was time well spent, and it's been just the thing I needed to finally refocus my mind on things I still need to do. And so, let's have a talk.

So after reading through the posts, I realized that I had to go with the lesser of the two evils, and the option that was most likely to yield the results that this giveaway was intended to have. So, sad as I am to say it, I am going to close off the giveaway to anyone who is not currently holding second place. Any answers (yes, even correct ones.) will not be accepted by those who are not in second place. I apologize for that, but it's what makes this giveaway the most fair.

Now, there is a second part to this. As it is now, there's still potential (what with two more riddles and all) for there to be a tie, and I would either have to add more riddles, or give the prize to one person, but not the other. This simply does not work for me. So, I decided that the next riddle will be worth 2 points, instead of just one. Which, yes, means that there are technically only 9 riddles. But, to make up for it, I decided to make it a little more challenging than the rest.

This next riddle (which has not gone up yet, you haven't missed anything.) will be multi-layered. ... Okay, so what the heck does that mean? Well, it means that it has multiple parts to it, which means that it's also going to be longer than the other riddles. This riddle will have at least three sections (max of five, if it comes to that.) that need to be correctly guessed by one person in order for them to gain the two points and win the second place prize.

This riddle, as I stated earlier, has not gone up yet, and it will not be masked in anything I say that seems like an off handed comment. I'm simply going to post it as it is, and leave it up for you all to guess. Now, I won't be posting the riddle just yet. Instead, I'm going to leave this comment up as a warning that it's coming soon(tm). This is to give everyone (in second place) a fair shot at getting it correct. The riddle will go up in no sooner than tomorrow, so be looking for it. Until then, good luck everyone, and thanks for tuning in!
  13. Lomrun Platinum

XP:
    209,777xp
    Am I allowed to participate, because I had a riddle correct after heimdall had won the first place? Since the riddle was only suposed to be for the players who already had 1 point.
  14. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp

Yeeeeah, I'd like to say that I didn't see this one coming, but I'd be giving myself too much credit to actually finish something on time if I didn't. I'm not gonna bother giving any excuses for this one. Truth is, I'm just perpetually late, for like, everything. I'm really sorry for that. Anyway, to finally put an end to this waiting game I've had you all on, let's get to those riddles. (I really should just have a *soon(tm)* slapped onto any promise I make.)

Also, real quick, a bit of a change to this. What I'm actually going to be doing is making three different riddles that all count as just two points if you get ALL of them right. (You don't have to get them all right at once, but to get the points, you need eventually get them all.) So, to reduce confusion, and as a late apology, here's the subject of each of them. ... IN ORDER!! Class, Map, Mechanic.

First:
    From one point, suddenly to another.
    The beautiful look of shock, when suddenly set back.
    Though eyes they have, they do them no good.
    What am I?

Second:
    The foundation of a quest is set upon this soil, first steps towards change are made.
    In the crust lies the valuable gift of life, one that must be guarded.
    And through the salty breeze we see
    A chance for power unrivaled, in the midst of it all.
    Where are you?

Third:
    Age, the immortal enemy of all armies, draws close to each battlefield.
    Through warriors rage on, soon circumstances shift.
    Simple as it was at first, when there were but head on assaults.
    But now, tactics must rule supreme, as carelessness means obliteration.
    What does this mean?

Remember, to win, you MUST have the correct answer for ALL three. These riddles, individually are worthless, but when you have all three of the answers, they're worth all of the final points. I will be paying close attention to this, but keep in mind, there will be a point later today when I won't be able to get back to you until late in the night. (Well, for us Americans anyway. Time zones and all that. So for reference, if you're curious, I won't be able to check in from 5 p.m EST to 10 p.m. EST.)

Haichao, Corrrin, adriantran12345, Lomrun. Good luck to all four of you. I'm looking forward to seeing how this ends.

(Also, slight note. I put these riddles together really quickly, so there may or may not be slight mistakes here and there. I'm incredibly tired, so I'm not the best proofreader right now.) (#rebelneedsanap)

EDIT: Took a sick day from work today, so I'll be able to keep up with your answers all day! Yippie!
  15. MilkeeW Platinum

XP:
    722,259xp
    First- Transporter
    Second- Undecided
    Third- The phases changing

Edit 1:
    First- Swapper
    Second- Coastal
  16. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    Your third answer is correct, Adrian! You'll need to change up your first answer a little though.

This is the fun part of the challenge, my friends. Because for every answer I confirm as correct, your COMPETITORS also learn if it's correct or not! So you'll need to be on your A Game to catch it! Good luck, everyone!
  17. MilkeeW Platinum

XP:
    722,259xp
    Oooh, btw I made an edit to my first answer.
  18. Lomrun Platinum

XP:
    209,777xp
    1. Riftwalker
    2. Coastal
    3, Phase changing
  19. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we have ourselves the winner of the second place prize! For three correct answers, Adrian, you've won yourself the second place prize! Congratulations, Adrian!

And to all of you who participated in this giveaway and who stayed patient during the lulls in activity, thank you so much! But we're not done with this thread yet! We still have the Gold Membership/550K XP to give away! But, that's for another time. Until next time, everybody!
  20. MilkeeW Platinum

XP:
    722,259xp
    GG, thank you Vanguard!