1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question Hacks in Annihilation?

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Nedyar10, Jun 7, 2016.

Question - Hacks in Annihilation?
  1. Nedyar10 Regular Member

XP:
    28,532xp
    Recently I've noticed people calling out hackers with "nuker" or something like that. It spamed my chat when I got so much xp from that teammate. It was like he had a efficiency golden pickaxe or something. Is this a real thing or is this made up? Also are there other hacks that I've probably never heard of? I would really appreciate your responses. Thanks in advance!

2. Dinohoot8 Platinum

XP:
    484,663xp
    Nuker is a hack and what it does on anni is that it breaks the nexus really fast and some people do use speed hacks, fly, etc. Although there is hackers in Anni, there is a huge Annihilation staff to ban those hackers immeditatly.
    HungerHealer likes this.
  3. blaueszebra Retired Staff

XP:
    362,364xp
    Is it really a hack every time?
    The mining speed with a wooden pickaxe is 2x the base, bare hand speed.
    A golden pickaxe has a mining speed of 12x the base. A efficiency 4 enchant would add 17x to a total of 29x the base speed. Mining Haste can further increase the speed.

If the mining speed exceeds 30 times the hardness of the block, there will be a instabreak and the 0.25 s delay to break the next block is ignored - breaking is only limited by click speed :zbrains:
  4. Ringowhs Regular Member

XP:
    233,409xp

It is really easy to spot if it is a hack. Especially when you can hear your own team's nexus beeps every 0.15 seconds(Which I tested, even an eff V golden pickaxe with haste 2 won't do). I've seen those hackers before, more than 10 times.
  5. Lil_Jeffy_com Platinum

XP:
    897,183xp
    Nuker hacks indeed exist in Annihilation, but when you have a situation like this, it could be one of these 3 possibilities. indeed

1. Indeed, a hacker. If you see something like this occuring. And you're SURE that it isn't one of these other 2 options. Make sure to /report it so an admin can review it!

2. It could also be a clan, I've seen some clans using a tactic to mine The Nexus faster. I don't know how to perform this tactic, but I'm 100% sure that some clans use this tactic.

3. Like blaueszebra said, if you have a gold pickaxe with Efficiency V on it + a Haste potion. You're able to mine a Nexus like the speed of light.

I hope this helped. :3
    WobbleWalrus and DutchBartje like this.
  6. Vyiria Obsidian

XP:
    545,212xp

1. This is the only case. Legitimately, the only way this can and will occur.

2. Nexuses now have a stupid limit where only 1 player can break it at a time, unless this was very recently changed.

3. No. You're wrong. End stone is impossible to mine instantly with or without haste. There is a delay on the respawn time of the nexus too.

Let me break down what speedmine hacking is.
    Speedmining is not 'breaking things faster.' It is confusing minecraft into constantly updating the state of a block between the 'broken' state and the 'not broken' state, resulting in annihilation being like "o nooo mah nexuuu" and your nexus dieing really fast. Speedmine is not a hack used in annihilation almost ever; all that does is speed up the break time of blocks by about .5 the normal. (more use in factions/survival then anni)

Hope this helps.
  7. emacs_ Platinum

XP:
    577,095xp
    nice ping