1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix Few questions

Discussion in 'MineZ 2' started by Aexon, May 23, 2016.

No Prefix - Few questions
  1. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    Hi,
    I started playing MineZ 2 when it was released (public, I don't remember if there were a "premium beta"), I played a bit on the tutorial but I left it and started playing even if I was understanding maybe 20% of the game xd
    And now I'd like to play it, I understood most of the things by myself and a bit wiki, but there are probably things that I don't know, so is the tutorial going to be fixed soon ? Same for the recipes books/command ?
    Why is the wooden axe in the game if the craft costs 100% of what it can drop on a tree ?
    What are those wither skeleton spawning sometimes when you kill a revenant ? Why ? How to avoid them ?
    Why does the server spawns horde of zombies (10+) but 75% of them despawn in the minute ?
    Why does the decay take 10 days and not 14 ? If I can't be on for 2 weeks (vacation for example) I lose everything just because of 4 days, not really practical. Plus the server is (at least looks) empty so there's no risk of landscape being littered with houses.
    Are there equivalents commands to the proficiencies and stats books ?

Thank you, I'll probably have more questions when I'll play again.

2. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    That's one of the things being worked on as part of the upcoming update

Typically the purpose of the wooden axe is to get wood for purposes other than making more wooden axes, like cooking items, crafting wood for houses, or making other tools.

When you get a revenant to a certain amount of health, it will disappear and spawn soul sand blocks in the ground around it. Those blocks become wither skeletons after a short delay. This will happen every time you fight a revenant, as it is what makes them unique. Do note though that the wither skeletons disappear as soon as the revenant is killed, so you don't necessarily have to kill them all. Also, using a bow to fight revenants from a distance is a very safe way to dispose of them.

Is house decay working? When I last built a house, decay wasn't working, so it was largely irrelevant, but its been a while.

/prof and /stats. Two inventory slots freed up there :stuck_out_tongue:

Let me know if you come up with any more questions. I'm happy to help with what I can.
    Kelestami likes this.
  3. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    I killed maybe 4 revenants (enchanted chain armour right?) and only the last one spawned wither.

Another question : There is no way to respawn near to the house ? (I didn't build one yet)
    Why does that farm in the middle of the map (a bit on the east) have ugly fields made of snow and red wool ?

Thank you for answering :)
  4. TunaFeesh Platinum

XP:
    213,183xp
    Hi!:D

Like Hippos said you can use /recipe and /stats. However, scrolling between pages in the /recipe menu is really broken right now, this should be fixed sooner or later along with the tutorial as the game is being worked on.:)

Houses are, sadly, really broken right now. You can't open or close the door and they duplicate/transfer between servers. Even though it may say your house is about to fall apart it won't actually decay. If you would like to reset it anyway you should be able to right click the sign to enter edit mode then exit it.

If you have any suggestions post them in the monthly feedback thread for MineZ2! The current month is May.
  5. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    Perhaps the others had already been damaged by something past the point where they spawned stuff. They normally spawn the 6 wither skeletons

An intended feature of houses was to be able to teleport to your house using the key. This however, isn't functioning at the moment. There haven't been any details yet on how houses will work after they're redone, so while this isn't in the game right now, it may be in the future.

It was decorated for Christmas, and was feeling so festive, the decorations have not yet been taken down. :stuck_out_tongue: You can find a giant snowman in the middle of the town if I'm not mistaken. There are a couple of other locations on the map that are also Christmasy.
    tundra777 likes this.
  6. njord8472 Platinum

XP:
    338,510xp
    Did you kill them by melee or bow?
    Sometimes, when you kill a Rev using a P1 or P2 bow, they can die without spawning the Minions (wither skels).
  7. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    With a sword. And I'm sure they were revenant, their armour were shiny.
  8. TunaFeesh Platinum

XP:
    213,183xp
    Sometimes mobs are already in their second phase.

Its possible to find Forsaken that you only need a sword to kill because their bow-only phase is already expired.
  9. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    Yes that's probably what happened
  10. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    Where do zombie pigmen spawn exactly ? Only spawners ? Only towns ?
    Can I build a house on snow ? It is not important if the 3 other rooms are built on a 1 block lower level than the center of the house ?
    Is there a way to get that house guide faster than it is actually ? Because to make 20 quests when 50% of them can only be made easily when there are a lot of players in Asindia...
  11. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    Pigmen can spawn anywhere in the north, in towns, from pigmen spawners (don't think there are any yet), or as part of one of the hordes that just spawn around players.

Houses have to be placed on flat ground, so I don't think it will let you place it on snow. I believe it is intended to only let you place it where there is enough flat space for all three rooms as well, but if it lets you place it, it shouldn't matter if the sides are one block lower. I know if you place it next to a mountain or something, it will not let you build rooms in the blocked direction, but I think you should be fine.

In addition to quests, you can also get reputation from farming invasions. You don't even have to win! Just go to the invasion town, don't die, and profit! Here are my recommendations for camping spots if that's what you want: For Kuwana, go in a house and close the gate. You're now completely safe except from revenants, shiny toes, and the edge of pigmen explosions. For Isen and Thames, get on the roves and just chill. It helps to craft a grapple to get up there.
  12. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp

Is that spot still safe or they fixed it ? When I lose the invasion, I win 20 reputation right ? Do the zombies despawn ?
  13. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    That spot should be safe, although I would personally prefer grappling to the roof of one of the larger buildings (I usually go to the northeast one), as since that spot is so low zombies could probably pull you down pretty easily.

Yes, you currently get reputation from losing invasions, although I think it is based on damage dealt, so highest damage gets 20, second gets 18, and so on. If you're solo you will consistently get 20. When you fail an invasion, all the invasion zombies despawn. Do note however that any zombies present before the invasion starts will still be there, and occasionally a wave of zombies spawns after the invasion finishes, and those zombies will not despawn.
  14. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    What is an invasion? I am thinking of playing MineZ2. Ive played it once, but I got bored
  15. TunaFeesh Platinum

XP:
    213,183xp
    An invasion is an event in one of three towns (Kuwana, Isen or Thames) in which lots of zombies of all difficulties spawn and try to overtake the town. When there is a very high number of zombies (I don't remember the exact number) the town is overtaken and the zombies disappear. However, if you manage to defend the town for 10 minutes (I think?) then you get either a power 2 book, diamond sword, or nothing (you also get quest rep).
    There are also modifiers which can either help you or help the monsters.
    You can read the Wiki page about invasions here.:wink:

Tl;dr- Lots of zombies spawn in a town, you try and kill them. If you kill them you get good stuff.:)
  16. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    Oh and, is that a bug : When you log in (in a city), there are always 20-40 zombies that spawn around you, and even some spawn 3-4 blocks away from you, that a problem because yesterday I was in a tower in the town right above Isen, a Forsaken spawned next to me, I killed it, and when I climbed down there were at least 20 zombies waiting outside... (I died by a Forsaken).
    Jackdm likes this.
  17. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    Invasions are overrun when there are 50 zombies in the town, and yes, you must keep it under that amount for 10 minutes to win.

Aexon, that is not a bug (well, it kind of is...). If you log into a city, it will have been 'taken over' in the time that you were logged, so there will be a large horde that spawns in with you. If you're up north, that means forsakens and pigmen will likely be part of the horde. Zombies will also spawn in towns even when there are no people, so the first time you enter a city you will likely find some zombies there as well.
  18. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    Ok thanks! :)