1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other Zebra's ToggleSneak for Minecraft 1.8 - 1.10.2

Discussion in 'The Network' started by blaueszebra, Mar 20, 2016.

Other - Zebra's ToggleSneak for Minecraft 1.8 - 1.10.2
  1. blaueszebra Retired Staff

XP:
    362,364xp
    The 1.4.5 release of Zebra's ToggleSneak is now available for Minecraft 1.8 - 1.10.2
    • HUD position and other options configurable via Mods/Config from Minecraft's main screen
    • Keys to enable/disable the function configurable via Options/Controls
    • Code optimized to use less than no tick time
    • No toggle if key is pressed longer than user configurable key hold time
    • Setting key hold time to 0 ticks will disable hold function
    • No sneak toggle if dismounting or flying
    • Flying speed can be boosted in creative mode by hitting the sprint key
    • Mod is using Forge's built in update check
    • New feature: Optional text only HUD similar to the old HCFaction ToggleSneak
    • New feature: Parameters in the config file will be migrated to newer version if needed
    • The mod requires Minecraft Forge (Download installer here) as recommended for the Minecraft version.
    [IMG]
    HUD display: The background colour shows if the toggle functionality is active. The text colour shows current state of sneak/sprint.
    Configuration
    [IMG]
    Enter the mod configuration screen via "Mods" button. I you don't have this button you'll nee to install Mincraft Forge first.
    [IMG]
    Select Zebra's ToggleSneak, you may need to scroll the list, and click the config button.
    [IMG]
    Now you can edit the options. Tooltip help is available if the mouse cursor is positioned on text. Close & save with "Done"
    To change the keys used ingame get into your options screen:
    [IMG]
    and select the controls
    [IMG]
    The key to enable/disable the toggle functionality can be changed from their "G" and "V" defaults. This doesn't change the sneak and sprint keys, the can still be remapped.
    Download the jar file corresponding to your Minecraft version and put it into your .minecraft/mods/<minecraft version>/ directory:

Zebra's ToggleSneak 1.4.5 for Minecraft 1.10.2 - use Forge 12.18.1.2011 or later
    Zebra's ToggleSneak 1.4.5 for Minecraft 1.10 - use Forge 12.18.0.2000 or later
    Zebra's ToggleSneak 1.4.5 for Minecraft 1.9.4 - use Forge 12.17.0.1976 or later
    Zebra's ToggleSneak 1.4.5 for Minecraft 1.9 - use Forge 12.16.1.1887 or later
    Zebra's ToggleSneak 1.4.5 for Minecraft 1.8.9 - use Forge 11.15.1.1722 or later
    Zebra's ToggleSneak 1.4.5 for Minecraft 1.8.8 - use Forge 11.15.0.1655 or later
    Zebra's ToggleSneak 1.4.5 for Minecraft 1.8 - use Forge 11.14.4.1563 or later

DISCLAIMER: Zebra's ToggleSneak does not violate any of Shotbow rules nor gives unfair advantage against Toggle Sneak/Sprint maintained by HCFactions users - anyone can have a look on the source code. This makes Zebra's Toggle Sneak an officially allowed mod in any of the currently stable releases listed above. But check back here from time to time just in case of changes.
    but be careful, as it seems that Shotbow's rules change quite often...

2. ItsJesseFFS Regular Member

XP:
    1,155,019xp
    Nice, but I personally wouldn't use it unless it had the flyboost. I use that a lot when I'm in creative.
    okometabetoku, Tonkatsu129 and Mistri like this.
  3. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    I agree, could you add an option to have that? Otherwise, great job. :)
    okometabetoku and Tonkatsu129 like this.
  4. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    Just press CTRL to fly faster?
    okometabetoku likes this.
  5. ItsJesseFFS Regular Member

XP:
    1,155,019xp
    Normal fly boost speed isn't the same as Toggle Sneak's fly boost. You can fly 4x or even 10x speed with Toggle Sneak.
    Tonkotsuramen921 likes this.
  6. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    I think he meant "press control to toggle fly boost"... though I'm not sure.
  7. storm345 Retired Staff

XP:
    632,098xp
    I believe official togglesneak, if ever updated, would lose the flyboost function anyways. Largely because it is a pain to deal with in gamemodes like MTA
    Tonkotsuramen921 and Mistri like this.
  8. ItsJesseFFS Regular Member

XP:
    1,155,019xp
    Me neither, which is why I said what I said.
    There is a way to limit how fast a player can fly with a plugin. It's been done before. Granted, it would rubberband the person if they try to fly faster than what's allowed.
  9. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    Oh, I was unaware of this.
  10. AGearBeast Platinum

XP:
    405,872xp
    Could you adjust it so if you were Holding Shift it wouldnt toggle it? im used to the hcf version and i switch in between 1.9 and 1.8 and its really annoying.
    ItsMickeyEpic, Tonkatsu129 and Mistri like this.
  11. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    +1
  12. blaueszebra Retired Staff

XP:
    362,364xp
    New release here :D
    Check
    Check
    Don't worry, fly boost only works in creative mode so it won't interfere with game modes. There was a potential loophole in the official togglesneak but it's closed in Zebra's ToggleSneak. In fact it should even be Elytra proof.
  13. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    I just want Shotbow to be 1.9 right now! And it's nice that this shouldn't get around increase/decreases in survival flying (like in MTA)
  14. gunso_ Retired Staff

XP:
    681,846xp
    Thanks Zebra!! Been using Zebra's toggle sneak for some time now. I think it's by far the best out of the three I've used (HCFactions, Better Sprinting, and Zebra).

If you guys want fly boost, it should be a separate mod. It has nothing to do with toggling sneak or sprint. The original "approved" toggle sneak by HCFactions had it, and I believe Better Sprinting has it too, but I doubt Shotbow thought it through when they approved it. I remember seeing guys flying really fast just barely above ground in MTA with the fly boost :(
  15. PIDController Platinum

XP:
    28,127xp
    My minecrraft crash while using it when i try to join a server
  16. blaueszebra Retired Staff

XP:
    362,364xp
    That's bad.

First check if Zebras ToggleSneak is involved by removing the zebrastogglesneak jar file from the mod folder.

If your Minecraft is still crashing on server join, you have a problem elsewhere - maybe try to update java or download Minecraft again.

But if it's not crashing, put the zebrastogglesneak jar in the appropriate mod folder again, join a server to get a crash and report the issue here.

If you don't want to go to GitHub you can send me a PM here but please include following informations:
    • Forge Version
    • Minecraft Version
    • Windows/Linux/Other Version X.X
    • Java Version
    • Other Mods used
    • Paste following files found in .minecraft/logs/ in the message
    fml-client-latest.log
    latest.log

17. KazumiMishima44 Platinum

XP:
    92,572xp
    Tip drink a speedpotion :wink:
  18. KazumiMishima44 Platinum

XP:
    92,572xp
    I swear there better be a mac option
    I SWEAR
  19. blaueszebra Retired Staff

XP:
    362,364xp
    Now that OptiFine is available for 1.9 (OptiFine B1 for 1.9) as well, be assured that Zebras ToggleSneak is tested to be fully compatible with it.

Not all bleeding edge Forge releases are completely stable. Release 1782 works fine with everything afaik.
    Tonkotsuramen921 and gunso515 like this.
  20. Mersid Regular Member

XP:
    114,574xp
    Is there a way to make the HUD look like the one for Shotbow's official 1.8 one?