1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question Minecraft 1.9: Do you even care?

Discussion in 'The Network' started by Jarool, Feb 25, 2016.

Question - Minecraft 1.9: Do you even care? | Page 2
?

Do YOU want 1.9?

I'd love to have it 23 vote(s) 30.3%
I could live with it 9 vote(s) 11.8%
I don't know 1 vote(s) 1.3%
I don't want it 38 vote(s) 50.0%
I have a few complaints about 1.9 5 vote(s) 6.6%
  1. Daveveve Regular Member

XP:
    63,288xp
    Greatly said :D
    mmertTR, wmn and Neathp like this.

2. ClarkoPolo Platinum

XP:
    147,298xp
    People act like its the end of the world for pvp but it will just be less fast pace and more focused on being able to hotkey between your sword and shield instead of just whoever has the best ping and click speed. Thats what i think.
    TehBlackhole likes this.
  3. Neathp Platinum

XP:
    50,091xp
    To that I say, that even if you hotkey, the pvp will slower and even more tanky making harder to fight more than a 1v1. Plus with the fact the most servers will not try the incorporate the Shield into their basic gameplay, Survival Games, HCF, Factions, OP Factions, and more, rather to stay with their roots. And to add to that ALL types of Enchanted / God Apple based game will disappear due to the lack of use of the Golden Apples. Pretty much, what I am trying to say is that once servers started using 1.9 regularly a LOT of old minigames (what Minecraft is mainly based around ATM) will either need to be heavily modified or removed because of 1.9. ("Removed," because the game in 1.9 version, will stray away too far from the core idea of the game itself making the game almost a completely new game). There will be the death of a lot of gamemodes and the birth of new ones, but not enough new ones will be made to replace the old ones.
    wmn and Daveeeeee like this.
  4. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    1. I don't see how this is your first point. It seems to provide little problem to have this, but I can see why it wouldn't be good to have. It's a good way to start a fight, you sprint up behind a guy and crit him to surprise him and quickly end him before he has time to react.

I also see ways to get around it already. If you are able to sprint up behind someone, you can spend 1/2 a second to stop sprinting and crit him. It'll still have the same effect, if you do end up catching him off guard. Half a second. Probably even less than.

2. Weapons have cool-downs. Everyone's problem. You didn't really give a REASON as to why it wasn't good, but I'll try to find one for you.
    It slows down pvp. Yep, I agree, it makes pvp slower, but if you can't wait less than a second to hit someone again, you sound like someone who brags about his 15 CPS.

But of course, I must remind you and everyone else, servers can disable this. They can give every item you craft different attack speeds (don't quote me on that). This sounds more like a problem for pvp servers, not minigame servers (since quite a few minigames don't actually require weapons).

3. Servers 1.8/1.9 compatible will use the 1.8 sharpness damage instead of the 1.9 sharpness... but you also need to remember that you can change damage values too. You can make things stronger or weaker. It's up to the servers.

Btw, 3.25 damage is only 1.625 hearts of damage. You're literally only missing out a small bit of damage. Fights will still be mostly decided on Sharpness values anyways.

4. The biggest issue I have, and I definitely agree. The health recovery is too fast. Now, they can probably fix this, but... yeah, I hate it too. It's fairly useful in a PvE situation, since they buffed the mobs a bit, but that's about all it's really good for.

This is probably the only thing I 100% dislike and will agree with you on. I'm not done yet.

5. Alright, I may... kinda agree with this too. I do think absorption IV is way too much of a nerf... but I also think the Regen IV or V was way too much. If they'd met somewhere in-between, I'd be fine with it... too bad they're uncraftable now (probably most servers will re-add the recipe and re-buff the gopple anyways, but eh).

I do think a nerf was necessary, but to this extent? Maybe a little too far.

6. So, you hate the cool-downs and you hate that there's a way to decrease them? I'm really confused with this one. I'd like to hear your explanation for this one instead of trying to find one that you'd give.

7. Hey, there's your missing sharpness damage! No, but I can see a trend with these. I can tell that the true, underlying problem you have is slower pvp. Probably for most people. Servers will speed them up. Servers will buff strength, like some nerfed strength II.

8. How are they not very useful? You can set up lingering potions of poison to block a path, you can set up lingering potions of healing and regen to keep yourself 100%, you can set up lingering potions to keep you... well, ok, I see. There's not much you can do with them, but there are things you can do with them. Maybe they're not useful to you, but that doesn't mean they're not useful to everyone else.

This affects you less than everything else in the list you made. In fact, this shouldn't even affect you because it's optional. Just saying they're not very useful doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the game. They open up a new line of strategies, and they're pretty awesome.

9. This will probably be fixed. If this stays around for a long time, then I'll consider this point more, but right now, I'll leave it alone.

10. In terms of saturation? This has always been the case. But they're not something that people like to craft. It's probably the LAST thing anyone wants to craft. You need to have a carrot and actually want to use the gold on it, two things people don't usually have/do.

11. Ever played HCF? It had a longer ender pearl cool-down than 1.9 has right now. The cool-down is so short that, by the time you land after using one, you could've thrown about two more. This is a really minor issue.

12. What do you mean by this?

13. As I pointed out in 7. your issue is exactly this. pvp is too slow. I will say it again here, servers will speed up pvp to suit the games.

14. Shields are meant to protect you from damage. In fact, if you want to be realistic, they should really deal you no damage for blocking. Besides, how high are the chances of getting prot IV on a shield anyways? No, seriously, what is it? I wouldn't expect that high (although your point about having no armour and still taking tiny amounts of damage does have value in this).

15. I'd love to have someone hitting me with two sharp V swords! That'd be so much fun! [/s] Ok, I find dual-wielding very very useful and not at all 'horrid'. It's better to only be able to use one hand at a time than to constantly try to switch to that item you could've had in that other hand. It may not be perfect or the best dual-wielding system, but it's extremely useful, and that's what matters to me.

16. You can only find elytra in an end stronghold. I'm sure servers will add them somehow into regular pvp, but the chances of someone actually utilizing them is pretty low. I don't even use elytra unless I want to get from A to B from the top of a mountain. Pvp isn't even something I'd consider with elytra. Besides, you do use bows in pvp and that utilizes the third dimension.

I think I'll end this off with: I probably didn't convince you. You're probably gonna reply and tell me how wrong I am, that's fine. But you do need to realise there are people who like this stuff. And there are people who hate it. We have our own opinions, and maybe 1.9 is the worst update ever, maybe it's not.

But you do need to realise that Minecraft was never meant to get so big. It was a game about breaking and building. It's now changed into the pvp game that everyone sees it as. I'm not saying we should go back to the way it was, but know that things do change, and you can see just how much Minecraft has. Maybe for the better, maybe for the worse, but maybe we just need to look at what we could change instead of what we never did.

I also still like the 1.9 update.
    TehBlackhole likes this.
  5. mmertTR Silver

XP:
    78,964xp
    I'm agree with him %10000000. Leave anni, minez, GG 1.7/1.8, and make others 1.9. Also it can be another GG with 1.9
    wmn likes this.
  6. bajunga Platinum

XP:
    4,092xp
    Notice how all the people that hate 1.9 are the hardcore pvpers. Notice that 1.9 is a pvp update...

pls stay 1.7
    kscopekid and mmertTR like this.
  7. C400 Platinum

XP:
    300,622xp
    I honestly don't care about the 1.9 pvp. I'm pretty cool with it, I guess because at least Mojang was nice to add a feature to edit the cool down. The only problem is MineZ and other PvP games after 1.8 is getting old. Will they go into 1.9 with edited cool down and shields (alternative for blocking)? As for now, it's debatable.
  8. blaueszebra Retired Staff

XP:
    362,364xp
    Don't forget that Shotbow will almost surely have to drop 1.7 support if any 1.9 clients would be allowed.
  9. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    I believe I remember Socom mentioning they're going to drop 1.7 support because the stat bug in MineZ can't be fixed if they keep supporting 1.7 and because they're not staying two updates behind.

So, it's not about if they'll drop 1.7, it's when.