1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Event Annihilation Event - XP Race!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by JACOBSMILE, Feb 4, 2016.

Event - Annihilation Event - XP Race! | Page 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Favn Obsidian

XP:
    558,138xp
    I use the Windows 10 recorder, it barely lags the game at all... And it's 360 or 480p so good enough for video proof... If you have a newer laptop and windows 10 it should work fine(I would say you should have one not older than a year)

2. Jerrybibo Emerald

XP:
    149,917xp
    You could play Minecraft w/ Optifine on a 2011 MacBook with ~30 fps recording using QuickTime. Seriously, I don't see how some people are "unable to record", unless they play on a toaster :lmao:
  3. Favn Obsidian

XP:
    558,138xp
    Y
    Are you fucking kidding me? You do realize the cost of a macbook, right? And that not all kids are spoilt bitches? Hmm? Do you? And not everyone have iOS and not everyone have QuickTime... Simple as that, and yes, many people have shit pcs because they are not spoilt brats.
  4. Jerrybibo Emerald

XP:
    149,917xp
    Comparing MacBooks that are 5 years old to the average Windows computer today, the hardware is undeniably inferior - that was my point. You are clearly being a Mac hater, and that is fine. However, this type of insult is not welcome here.

Also I have a job as a software engineer, so Mac makes my life easier.

Anyways, I think for this event, enchanter should be free/disabled for everyone, as many people have already said - it makes the event unfair for a lot of relatively new players who wants a shot at this challenge.
  5. softsocks Platinum

XP:
    58,983xp
    I cant say I have the worst computer but when recording for a long time I end up crashing my pc.
  6. softsocks Platinum

XP:
    58,983xp
    david please
  7. XdodaX Regular Member

XP:
    905xp
  8. JACOBSMILE Jr. Developer

XP:
    245,865xp
    Videos are allowed to be sped up. Just do not cut out anything.
  9. w95559w Silver

XP:
    70,061xp
    I strongly suggest that this challenge be voided on the map "Village" for the massive amount of iron ore at the close proximity of spawn.

In fact, for all fairness this challenge should be done on the same map for all individual. But that's just my opinion
    Jerrybibo likes this.
  10. the_kateinator Silver

XP:
    37,381xp
    Name:The_Kateinator
    Date of Completion:2/5/16
    Server Region: US
    Map: Nature
    XP Grand Total: 72 levels
    Video (Be sure to follow requirements for the video!): (Could not get entire games worth of video but got multiple segments. My computer cannot handle recording well at all and can only do it for about a minute before stopping.
    Short Summary of your strategy (Optional, but would be appreciated): Packed dirt all around the entrance to the iron mine and shifted the entire time, all the while never leaving the mine for any reason at all. Very risky strategy and surprisingly worked. I also had a very fun time and loved the event idea.
  11. sunlost Retired Staff

XP:
    217,843xp
    The video must be in one piece, otherwise it isn't valid.. :(

12. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    *cough* says the obsidian *cough*
    *cough* it's spelled "spoiled" *cough*

*cough* iOS stands for iPhone operating system. *cough*
    *cough* QuickTime is free *cough*

Wow, sorry for that coughing fit guys.
    UndercoverDonut and Jerrybibo like this.
  13. softsocks Platinum

XP:
    58,983xp
    the thing is he is talking about people other than himself that can't afford macs. And also quicktime only records on mac i think.
  14. Jerrybibo Emerald

XP:
    149,917xp
    See, I didn't want to start an argument in such a populated post, but seriously. It's OS X, and QuickTime can be downloaded to Windows and will run successfully. Plus, it's free, so Mistri was right about that.

Hmm, coming from an Obsidian. Why not spend it on hardware?
    Mistri likes this.
  15. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    If a Platinum+ gets one of the prizes, will it count towards their Emerald/Obsidian?
  16. softsocks Platinum

XP:
    58,983xp
    I thought Plat+ always had to spend their own money to get emerald or something.
  17. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp

This will count. It will effectively be a premium purchase towards that account, which always counts for Emerald/Obsidian upgrades. The difficulty only arises when someone is purchasing for someone else and want it to count for themselves.
    MTrout and Mistri like this.
  18. softsocks Platinum

XP:
    58,983xp
    Name: Corrin
    Date of Completion: 2/5/16
    Server Region: US
    Map: Aftermath
    XP Grand Total: 78
    Video (Be sure to follow requirements for the video!): Name:

Short Summary of your strategy (Optional, but would be appreciated): Rotated through each gold mine
    Please watch the end of the video...
  19. JokeHuh Platinum

XP:
    13,396xp
    How to join this event
  20. JokeHuh Platinum

XP:
    13,396xp
    how to join this event
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.