1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Private Furnaces

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Murgatron, Dec 2, 2015.

Discussion - Private Furnaces | Page 3
?

How many Furnaces should be "private"

1 62 vote(s) 21.4%
2 99 vote(s) 34.1%
3 34 vote(s) 11.7%
4 42 vote(s) 14.5%
5 8 vote(s) 2.8%
6 4 vote(s) 1.4%
7 0 vote(s) 0.0%
8 4 vote(s) 1.4%
9+ 37 vote(s) 12.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelestami Platinum

XP:
    548,288xp
    Yes; alchemist brewing stands work this way, as well. When destroyed by an enemy, the contents splatter like normal.

2. Triceratops Silver

XP:
    20,635xp
    What's the feasibility of a map with two Ender Furnaces per base?
  3. Maggie Retired Rainbow Admin

XP:
    32,348xp
    To my knowledge fairly easy to implement. Just would require changing the base map template things. :lmao: Sorry not so technical. That is one of the options for this I believe. It all depends on what everyone thinks would work best- be it class based, base-based, inventory / placeable.
  4. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    One thing that you can already do in any game is go to another player's base and place stuff in their ender furnace...
  5. prorsus Emerald

XP:
    1,815,227xp
    Who would even do that? Way too much effort. :stuck_out_tongue:

But like I said before, Annihilation, imo, is a team game. You shouldn't be hiding two set of full iron/dia along with 14 swords. That's why I'm totally against the idea of an enderchest as well as another furnace. Making the furnace a Miner gets unbreakable/not accessible (just like Alchemist's brewing stand) would be the best solution, imo.
  6. sagederrick Regular Member

XP:
    68,088xp
    I think having an ender chest is a good idea. Just make it small. 8 slots perhaps? (Armor, sword, pick, axe, stack of choice)
    This is because when you go kamikaze, you may want to keep some gear for the next life. However, if you leave it in a public chest, teammates will take it almost instantly.

If it is possible, it would be really cool if you could make it so that you could ONLY put a helmet in slot 1, a chest plate in slot 2, a sword in slot 5... etc.
  7. ZestyLimez Silver

XP:
    33,789xp

Annihilation is based around the idea of a team game, but there are many factors that make this unrealistic.

Most of the player base isn't mature enough to completely ignore a teammate's furnaces or chest that they're hiding, and as a result, steal all of your stuff. The biggest problem with this attitude is that they're more careless. Since they didn't work for the gear, they have no problem dying in full iron, or drinking your hidden invis pots. Because of this, your team ends up providing gear for the other teams while simultaneously draining the gear from your own.

I also see no problem with keeping a backup set of gear (that's hidden well). It's nice to be able to recovery quickly after losing your primary set of armor. Just because Annihilation is a "team game" doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to provide gear for yourself. You worked for it, after all.

The reason behind all of this is to support the addition of enderfurnaces, since stealing smelting ores is one of the biggest issues in Annihilation.
  8. sagederrick Regular Member

XP:
    68,088xp
    I just read some of the earlier tools. Another idea is a portable ended furnace item, maybe for miners the same way the Craft-o-magic is to civilians. Or maybe buy in shop? Or everyone gets one?
    After all, you can't place a piece of charcoal. (My idea for said item - it looks different from coal, which most players use)
  9. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    There was an idea for giving it to miner earlier, but you did give another interesting idea. Putting it in shops. With them talking about "Alchemist's stand", what about private furnaces in the shop, maybe costing something like 8 gold (who'll get it?). It'd work like the brewing stand you can buy, where anyone can use, however you must keep looking inside it for other teammates not to be able to use or break it.

I only say this because being able to buy private furnaces only you can use can cause problems such as team grief (private furnace walls, anyone?). I don't even like the idea I gave, because I'd find a big problem is if you want to smelt a stack of items, it takes a little over 10 minutes to fully smelt, and that's just something people wouldn't be interested in waiting to do. Otherwise, if you smelt something like 5 items, you'd be more fine with waiting around.

This wouldn't be a true private furnace anyways, and would mean they'd have to make a THIRD furnace, and I don't think they'd really want to do that... who would?
  10. InfernoTheDragon Platinum

XP:
    30,734xp
    I think it would be nice if every class got 1 private furnace to smelt both iron and gold at the same time, or smelt in the field. Miner though should get 3 or 4 private furnaces plus the ender chest, but on class change or death, all but the first furnace breaks and drops its contents.

This way people can have extra iron stashed for 1-4 sets of gear depending on if they use their enderfurnace too, but not more than a single enchanted item, potion, or a stack of materials. While at the same time, a miner can more easily gather together a bunch of iron to produce full pieces of armor and weapons for their team and more quickly without teammates stealing small bits of iron at a time as they smelt, or the entire ore stack.

Finally, please make sure there is a command to toggle this on and off, so that placing public furnaces is still viable rather than forcing some to be private.
  11. sagederrick Regular Member

XP:
    68,088xp
    I think we should make a private furnace item in the shop. Just to clarify.
  12. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp
    Don't People already tend to store stuff in their ender furnace and hidden chests, It is teambased rather then solo. I would say 0 but as I can't vote that I voted for 1.
    likegoldennugget likes this.
  13. sagederrick Regular Member

XP:
    68,088xp
    So you're fine with people always stealing your gear and iron and gold and etc. You don't have to buy it, but others may like the idea of being able to smelt in peace.

Also, a backup set of gear is always useful, and it helps if you don't have to make 50 sets of iron armor to be able to get 1 for later if you die quickly.
  14. likegoldennugget Regular Member

XP:
    92,707xp
    Keep only 1 ender furnace and add something like a smelter. With private furnace like alchemist. It can smelt faster or double the amount of recources.

If you guys add more private stuff than the most of the people safe there iron for themself instead of giving it to a teammate
    JeTi_Brothers likes this.
  15. xD_SnipezZz Platinum

XP:
    1,313,910xp
    9 is way too much, how would the base look like if 30 players have 9 private furnaces each?!
    Kelestami and JeTi_Brothers like this.
  16. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp
    Still don't get why this would be changed, most people are playing almost entirely on their own, which is fine but adding this would just prevent any teamplay that is left.
    likegoldennugget likes this.
  17. Cheeseyboi Regular Member

XP:
    3,802xp
    A private chest would be nice to store gear for later use without fear of it being taken, although a second furnace would be nice just to smelt things faster. Also a private prewing stand would be great.
  18. prorsus Emerald

XP:
    1,815,227xp
    No need for an additional private-brewing stand since you're getting one as an Alchemist (easily unlockable by ranking up).

Also, would you really be in for a private chest? Don't you think it'd be way too extreme?
    Kelestami likes this.
  19. DarkMantis Platinum

XP:
    7,722xp
    Oh please no chest that would be too op. I think everything is balanced as it is. A private chest means 5x faster making op items like gapples since you have a place to store apples/gold and of course storing everything else.
    Kelestami likes this.
  20. JACOBSMILE Jr. Developer

XP:
    245,865xp
    We've collected enough feedback. Thanks to all those who provided! :)
    Kelestami and Superbob1000 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.