1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix On-Going Development: New Guns

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by Robertthegoat, Nov 22, 2015.

No Prefix - On-Going Development: New Guns | Page 2
  1. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    We should add some easter eggs in the new map I am expecting. Robert you're a buildier :wink: Just saying, that would be amazing. Robert and 323 like if this is a good idea and say nothing about them until they are activated. I am happy with the stuff coming, a bit dissapointed that you are shutting down sandbox, but it is necissary. Now what I want to know, is does the dev team have the will to actually work on wasted. It seems the only people who like it are either builders or 323s. Then there's vampire_toothy, but Wasted can be fixed, and could have been fixed way back in 1.7, when the players started to decline, but it didn't. I think the only way to fix wasted, is to completely revamp it, using the same guns (now and upcoming), and same vehicles we remember from 1.7, same building structures, (maybe some new ones :eek:), but a new map, new mechanics, and maybe make the sheep a jeep that you can put C4 on (#JeepStuff). Because people get tired of the same. My friend left wasted because it was the same map. I now am done.

2. VerizonMobile Regular Member

XP:
    12,234xp
    True. With a new map and new mechanics, there will probably be a bunch more glitches like eton and pfitz jetpacks again.
  3. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    that's bad
  4. PurplePugs Gold

XP:
    18,261xp
    On the topic of Easter eggs, I have one on the current wasted map that I wanna share with everyone! (I'm not sure if anyone has discovered this one yet.)

In the city of Mona, there is a sliver like building, and when you walk in, there is a receptionist desk with a sign on it saying. "Welcome to the flat iron hotel!" Or something like that.
    [IMG]
    Now if you all didn't know, there is a world famous hotel in New York City named the Flat Iron Hotel!!!
    [IMG]
    A building in wasted representing an actual building in real life. I think thats a worthy wasted Easter egg if I say so myself!!! :)
  5. Cereyal Silver

XP:
    20,049xp
    OMG u weeen
    omg
  6. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    Eton and Pfits jet-packs were chests that just never got destroyed before the map was finalized.
  7. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    Also for a new map it would be really cool to have a large part of the map be heavily urbanized with tall skyscrapers and stuff.

If we had really tall skyscrapers, the amount of falling blocks that can be created from an explosion might need a limit.
    BrassBuilder likes this.
  8. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    What?
    KoenigApfel likes this.
  9. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Going off topic here a bit. I'd suggest you guys make a "new map" thread if you want to get a discussion going there. :)
  10. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    what I mean by easter eggs is like things hidden in forests that have clues to the next stage and are super complex that you have to really think hard to find them. Maybe you have to activate levers in 3 different places and you have to flip all of them and you get a ghast spawn with wither forever that spawns in the locations for the levers.
  11. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    that has been in too many threads to number
  12. Mersid Regular Member

XP:
    114,574xp
    Remove that "spool up" time for the machine guns? If you hold the trigger you'll realize it fires faster once it's firing for a bit.
    Also, perhaps a P90 or MP7? Not a lot of damage but can penetrate armor.
  13. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    There are some easter eggs :wink:

They're not super obvious, and are quite hard to get to, but the treasure rooms in the dam and camp stroud's tunnel, as well as the underground vault are technically easter eggs.
    BrassBuilder likes this.
  14. KoenigApfel Regular Member

XP:
    94,770xp
    I like easter eggs that tell *puns* on signs i.e.
    Like the "death hole" in the Gun game map "Dust"

That's what I was talking about.
  15. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    Would puns on signs work too?
  16. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    Those things are less easter eggs than they are just hidden rooms. I mean like stuff you have to work for, like solving puzzles with clues strewn about the map, on the exact XYZ that if you make a hole you can find something unusual like a buried UFO that if you press the button on top makes a noise. But you have to work to find it, not by chance where you just swim up into or blow a hole into. This has to be hidden in the middle of nowhere with clues and logic puzzles. And when one is found, another one must be made :)
  17. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    Oh and what happened to the new guns :lmao:
  18. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    They're doing A-OK if you haven't seen them in any of the relatively recent gungame tests