1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Death By Void Death By Void Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by 97WaterPolo, Nov 12, 2015.

Death By Void - Death By Void Update
  1. 97WaterPolo Administrator

XP:
    1,056,375xp
    [IMG]

Death By Void has been around for awhile, and it is quite an addicting game! We believe that it is finally time that it gets a much needed update to fix issues and update this exciting parkour game to 1.8!

With the current Death By Void that is in rotation being populated with many bugs that popped up due to the 1.7/1.8 compatibility, we are proud to announced that we have squashed them all! (and we are excited for you to try and discover new ones that we can fix :stuck_out_tongue: )

What is DBV?
    Death By Void is a unique take on the parkour aspect of Minecraft. Your goal is to use double jumps to make it through (or around) the platforms that you encounter.

If you have ever messed around in the lobby, played smashed, or used Acrobat in Annihilation, you should know exactly how double jumping works. To others out there, you can complete a double jump by double tapping space bar, but the more efficient way to jump is to right or left click the feather in your inventory as it is instant reaction vs. a slight delay (Difference between life and death). Double jumps are used up (represented by the fullness of your EXP bar) and will recharge as soon as you hit a solid block (excluding glass & Death Block).

As you progress checkpoints are established to your last solid location... and don't forget, watch out for the Death Blocks (Default TNT)! :rolleyes:

*Death Blocks - Blocks that will kill you if you are touching that block!

Fixes
    • Shotbow XP rewards are once again given to players for completion of the daily course
    • Leader boards are now working
    • Placement on the daily course is now accurate ( 1 out of 75 players)
    • Medals are once again awarded for placing Gold , Silver, or Bronze (XP to be determined)
    • The time you got on the daily course is now accessible in different ways
    • Improved Anti-Cheat detection to rid ourselves of them cheaters!
    • We are proud to announce that the game is finally (DBV) Death By Void, no longer (DBFUYHT) or Death By Falling Until You Hit TnT!
    New Features

Disguise Blocks & Loot Chests
    Not sure about you, but we have gotten quite bored of just TnT blowing people up. This was the inspiration of adding disguise blocks that will spice up the platforms that you attempt to pass! You are only able to switch your disguises VIA Mrs. Void (Spawn) and it is user friendly to do so.

In order to unlock these disguises, you must play the infinite course, where these chests can spawn anywhere on the course depending on the rarity of the chest. The more common the chest is, the more likely it is to spawn at lower levels and the higher the rarity the higher platform level it spawns at.

There are 5 Levels: Common, Unique, Rare, Epic, Legendary, and each chest gives a specific disguise in correspondence to Mrs. Void's chest. In order to advance to the next tier of rarity, you must have unlocked 50+% of the previous tier's blocks. Example) If there are 9 Common Disguises, you need to unlock 5 different disguises (50+%) before you can start finding Rare chests. If you unlock the same disguise or unlock a new disguise, a message in chat will be displayed informing you.

Disguise Block Inventory(Gotta unlock them all to see) and Loot Chest

[IMG]

Infinite Course
    Want some practice before you take a stab at the race based daily course? Do you enjoy taking your time before rushing through everything? Do you like to unlock items that you can brag about to your friends? Do you play Minecraft? If you answered yes to any of those questions the new sub-gamemode within Death By Void is just for you!

We are proud to present the new Infinite Course, a world that is unique to you (yes, just you) with pieces that change each time you attempt it meaning you will never have the exact same course as you have had in the past! We feel that this will provide an exciting twist while allowing players to practice all the different pieces before racing their friends and foes on the daily course

• General Information
      • This course is really infinite, it will continue until the point the universe ends, or until you die and quit!
      • You only have 3 lives so make each of them count
      • There is NO time limit, so take all the time in the world trying to complete a piece, do not rush through it
      • XP is given upon completion of 10 platforms
      • There is an XP multiplier just for the DAY as you complete more and more infinite platforms. Tier I-V
      • Infinite worlds can be customized even more by incorporating your disguise block!
      • No other players are in the same world allowing you to concentrate without someone rushing past you
      • Exp Level represents how many platforms that you have completed!
      • As you are playing be sure to be on the lookout for the famous loot chests to unlock Disguise Blocks
      • Loot chests will respawn further down the course as soon as the current one is claimed
    Mr. and Mrs. Void
    We would like to welcome to new members to the Death By Void Team! Mr. and Mrs. Void!These two villager are now part of the spawn and they play a huge role in helping you progress through Death By Void, be sure to go say "Hi" the next time you see them, and be sure to give Mr. Void a high five!

Leader boards
    We have had to replace the original map leader boards due to a 1.8 limitation, but that doesn't mean it will be any less amazing than before! Player heads now will be representing who is demolishing who the leader boards, with time in an easily view-able and readable format!
    [IMG]

Other new features:
      • A brand new spawn to accompany this new release of Death By Void!
      • Hover over a player's name to see information about them for the day
    [IMG]
    • Access to a /t [player] command that shows you information about a specific player
    • A player's EXP Level in the course world now represents how many platforms left they have before they reach the finish
    • Holograms that point out each type of sub-gamemode
    • Currently 6 New obstacles (More to be added, read below)
    • Courses now generate within the values of 100 < Y < 200 to create a balance
    • Balanced load for generation meaning less lag then original DBV
    • New HUD to let you know how you are doing on time
    [IMG]

• TnT in the lobby so you know what your active disguise is
    • Your current Active Disguise will be your head, allowing others to know how great of a parkourer you are!
    [IMG]

Additional Information:
    • We are definitely looking for more pieces to add to Death By Void, feel free to use the Build and Submission form. The rules are:
      • Must have a definable entrance and exit
      • Must follow the stone brick, glass, and wood format (Not doing theme changes yet)
      • Preference to submit multiple pieces at once instead of doing them all one at a time
    • This has been a total renovation of the original game. We hope that you enjoy it in the state that it is in, but we welcome all feedback and suggestions on what to improve on and what to add in the future.
    F.A.Q
    • What are the Medals for the Daily Course?
      These are percentages of total players who completed the course. If 100 people did the daily course, only 25 would get silver.
      • Gold (10%)
      • Silver (25%)
      • Bronze (50%)
      • ****These are subject to change.
    • Do I get anything from playing Infinite?
      • You get one other perk besides unlocking block disguises and earning experience. What ever Tier you make it to on the infinite course, is a multiplier for the medal you receive the next day. If you get a Gold Medal and you reach Tier 5 on the infinite course, you will recieve 5x the amount of XP you would normally get from a Gold Medal. If you get a Bronze Medal and are Tier 2, you will get double the default amount of XP for a Bronze Medal.
    • Is there a limit to how many infinite worlds I can play?
      • At the moment there is currently no limit! We might implement a cooldown in the future between infinite courses to encourage players to take their time and not rush through.
    • Can multiple chests spawn in an infinite world?
      • Yes, as soon as you claim a chest, a new chest with spawn further along in the course
    • How do you unlock the higher tiered chests?
      • In order to unlock the next Tier of block disguises and loot chests, you must unlock 50+% of the previous disguises. For example: To unlock the Rare Tier, you must have 5/9 (50+%) disguises unlocked for the Unique Tier before the Rare's will even start to spawn.
    • Can you get the same disguise more then once?
      • Yes you can get the same disguise more then once, but if you already have it, XP will be awarded instead.
    • How many Tiers of Loot chests are there?
      • There are 5 Levels: Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, and Legendary
    • What is the infinite Tier Leveling system?
      • The more you play on the infinite courses the more XP you can unlock. Every 10 infinite platforms you complete (Yes, skipped platforms count) you will receive XP. Each TIer I,II,III,IV,V, you will recieve slightly more XP each time you complete 10 platforms. This WILL reset at the start of each day.
    • How can I quit the infinite world?
      • This is slightly different than the normal course, the only way to leave the infinite course is to do /quit or to die 3 times. If you press your drop button (default is "Q"), it will instantly kill you thus bringing your life total down, do that 3 times to quit quickly.
    • I was "disqualified for that run due to irregular player movement or latency issues"?
      • Unfortunately this is caused when you have latency issues or are use illegal modifications, if it is due to latency issues you will just have to restart the course, if you are using illegal modifications, you will be banned.

2. manuelolo98 Gold

XP:
    130,645xp
    Death By Falling Until You Hit TnT! looks like amazing
  3. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp
    Sweet Work, definitely needed some work, now when it finally got it, it looks absolutely amazing. Tons of new stuff.

I will be sure to check it out sometime this week, great work!
  4. bellyjellybean Platinum

XP:
    102,562xp

bout time :lmao:
  5. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
    This game has become so awesome!
    I've already unlocked 30/42 disguises :)
    Although the legendaries are extremely hard..

I'm going to nolife it more soon :)
    Fluffoon, 97WaterPolo and Navarr like this.
  6. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    Polo, you've forgotten that you changed Unique to Uncommon! Or did you change it back? And how come finding Common unlocks Rares? Errors!!!

That aside, I love the new update and it's absolutely amazing! The disguises give a huge replay value, and the tiers multiplying your medal xp make you want to get that sweet xp! I've gotta say, it's the best update to DBV there ever was!
  7. ThordFox Emerald

XP:
    36,639xp
    I think I'll be spending some time on dbv again :3
    97WaterPolo likes this.
  8. Arasai Platinum

XP:
    246,754xp
    Nice job Polo! I know how much work you put into this and it has definitely paid off!! Was a pleasure helping test it:)
  9. 97WaterPolo Administrator

XP:
    1,056,375xp
    Whooops, your right, it should be uncommon now :stuck_out_tongue:
  10. TeamVortex Platinum

XP:
    16,623xp
    Well update is okay. I still have the problem with not touching tnt and exploding. Also, there are major issues with opening the loot chests, and some are just not able to be opened. I do like the new features though. Keep up the good work :)
  11. 97WaterPolo Administrator

XP:
    1,056,375xp
    If you graze TnT it explodes, would be to easy if there weren't any hazards there to mess with you :stuck_out_tongue: It may not look like you are hitting it but you are, just try in the future to avoid it entirely!

Fixed the issue of not being able to open it from the top though, should be in rotation once I add a few more things :stuck_out_tongue:
    ImbC likes this.
  12. ImbC DBV Lead Admin

XP:
    1,337,351xp
    cool game
    97WaterPolo likes this.
  13. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp
  14. dillonsup Platinum

XP:
    33,685xp
  15. Fluffoon Retired Staff

XP:
    451,096xp
    Great job, now I wanna see how "Shotbow is dead, noone does stuff"
    will be proven :)
  16. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
    @ImbC @Fluffoon We've closed off the old DBV explosively :D
    Fluffoon likes this.
  17. Nokah Platinum

XP:
    528,648xp
    Its great to have DBV back! It was soo mutch fun before it bugged out, and now its even better :)
  18. ThordFox Emerald

XP:
    36,639xp
    Anni => Shotbow, but Shotbow != Anni
    Fluffoon likes this.
  19. Unicycle43 Retired Staff

XP:
    322,934xp
    I'm loving the new update!
  20. Ouriceira Regular Member

XP:
    15,033xp
    • Off Topic
    And yet, Wasted is still dead... Some years passed... No updates... I check weekly but it always says "Still working on it - pre-release testing", its been like that for SOME weeks now... I think im giving up on Shotbow if next week doesnt have Wasted news, real news... I guess I'll wait some more...
    OneZedArmy likes this.