1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Let's talk about WiR

Discussion in 'When in Rogue' started by Rebel_Born, Sep 21, 2015.

Discussion - Let's talk about WiR
  1. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    So, When in Rouge is going to be in the Garage for a while so as to get some attention and overall revisions. And this sounds like a really good idea to me. So, I figured that while we wait, we could have a discussion focused on all of the aspects of When in Rouge from our experiences.

Let me explain what I mean. So, many of us who're here on the WiR forum have likely played the game and know what we like about it and what we would change about it. My suggestion is that we talk about what we liked, what we hope to see in the final release (just as suggestions, nothing else.), and just some other stuff that might come to mind. I'll start.

Things that I liked:

The overall difficulty of the game kept me wanting to come back over and over again. Starting off in the game, you're incredibly weak and barely able to defend yourself. If you're able to kill enough monsters, however, you can purchase upgrades that would help you survive more easily. This system, in my eyes, just worked really well and was an interesting way to go about it.

I also like the team aspect of the entire game. The game is built in such a way where it is technically possible to beat the dungeons solo, but you'll be there for a long time, and you WILL die a lot. But, giving the players a maximum of 3 teammates to traverse the dungeon with just really made the experience for me. I also like how it isn't possible to hoard the money from your teammates.

Another thing that I liked about WiR is the sense of humor that was put into the game. This humor is mostly seen when attacking the NPCs.

Things that I would like to see in the final release:

Though I liked being able to purchase better equipment, I did notice that as you got further in the game, it was possible for even one piece of armor to totally bleed you dry (of money) despite trying as hard as you could to get a ton of money. Admittedly this wasn't a huge issue, and it was noticeable how much more money you got in the Jungle than in the Castle, but the prices still got a little steep.

I would have really liked to be able to upgrade my individual abilities more. Like Shadow Walk and the Hook. Like for instance, reducing the cooldown on Shadow Walk, or increasing the amount of time that I was invisible. This just sounds like it might be kinda cool.

That's all I've got for now. Thanks for reading, and be sure to let me know what you thought. Also share your opinions below. Don't forget to let the Development team know how grateful we are for their continued work on the game. It is a truly epic experience that I am looking forward to playing again.
    Fluff_May_Derp, DaFunk and Meyling like this.

2. Meyling Silver

XP:
    55,728xp
    I definitely agree. I got to play WiR before they put it in 'the garage" and I really enjoyed it. The fact that it requires teamwork is what makes it amazing. I didn't give a care if the game was glitched to death, I still loved every moment of playing it with my friend.

The things I wanna see when it comes out is mostly new classes. Shadower is really good (or whatever it was called, I apologize for forgetting) but some new classes would be nice, like archer and mage. I'd definitely play those. :D

Also there should be a system where if you complete a floor, you get a certain amount of xp, or have it so after you beat a dungeon, you get xp.

Either way, I'm dying to hear some more information on how the game is once they begin to sort out the bugs. c: I also have to give many thanks to all the wonderful people who built, tested, and helped make the game. ^_^
  3. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    Oh yeah, I forgot about XP integration. That's also something that I wanted to see. Thanks for the reminder.
  4. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    I enjoyed the different difficulties. It kept you going back to try and be better. It was also very nice that it showed off the levels you beat and what difficulty.

Although, it would've been nicer to get a little bit more for beating such difficulties.

Prestiging would be a good implementation when it's done.
  5. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    Xp is added after the game is finished to prevent exploits etc.
  6. jaka100 Gold

XP:
    11,576xp
    It's boring and repetitive.
  7. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    Really? Well, there is something else I never knew.

I guess ya really do learn something new every day.
  8. TechoNinja Platinum

XP:
    186,791xp
    Id kinda like to see a small change in the prestige system, since I kinda liked how (possibly due to a bug) your chat color changed. (Mine was black).
  9. SpankMeRem Platinum

XP:
    69,863xp
    You should be able to use higher tier gear in lower level stages.
  10. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    WIR was one of those games that was fun without XP like Slaughter, but of course now it's in the Garage where it probably won't be seen for another year.

It's really a shame. It was one of Shotbow's better gamemodes, but due to it being neglected it quickly died off.

RIP WIR (IMO)
  11. C400 Platinum

XP:
    300,522xp
    That would defeat the purpose of the game. It's meant to make it "challenging", not a high tier gear destroying everything in seconds once they enter the room.
  12. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    I am scared the it won't come back
  13. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

We have every intention to bring WiR back :)
  14. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    Maybe you could bring it back sooner rather than later? Just a suggestion...
  15. Deadspeck Mini Builder

XP:
    122,129xp
    "I don't see WiR being released anytime soon this year." -ActualAdminQuote
  16. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    When was this said? This could've been 5000 years ago!
  17. Deadspeck Mini Builder

XP:
    122,129xp
    like a month or maybe a couple weeks ago
  18. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

I said it. Because I don't see WiR being released this year.

1. We want to fix the bugs (lots of work)
    2. MTA and Gold Rush come first.
    3. Other major bugs may come first
    4. There are some new features we want to add
    Shady_Oak and Chaospillager like this.
  19. ExtinctionBomb Regular Member

XP:
    7,849xp
    N
    Navaar, do you really think MTA will be good? I played Their GTA server, it was laggy and boring.....

I'm a little scared it might end up something like GunZ

Lead the revolt for GunZ and bring it back from the dead :lmao: I really liked GunZ and I'm hoping one day it will come back.....

What features? o_O Probably *queue dramatic music* MORE ANNI FEATURES! And i swear if you do.... :(
  20. ZachThePwn Platinum

XP:
    13,549xp
    GunZ was bae.