1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Random Legandary's

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Mychon, Aug 24, 2015.

Discussion - Random Legandary's
?

Random legandary's are bad?

VERY BAD 17 vote(s) 70.8%
no, i am stupid 7 vote(s) 29.2%
  1. Mychon Obsidian

XP:
    106,374xp
    Its actualy retarded. I completed some easy dungeons, and got a random legandary for it. LATER, I completed a very difficult dungeon and got the same loot for it. THAN WHY THE F WOULD I DO A HARD DUNGEON, IF I CAN JUST DO EASY ONES?!

Every dungeon should have one specific legandary. Like it used to be. The Elite dungeon's can still have random one's. I have no problem with it
    LordAllah likes this.

2. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    Because the hard dungeons are still fun and have better non-legendary loot.
    Elite dungeons don't give random legendaries, you can't get the elite legendaries from random dungeons.
    You sure you understand the whole system? :stuck_out_tongue:
  3. TrinkerDoesMooo Emerald

XP:
    14,011xp

Thats not exactly true. Elite dungeons have a bunch of specific legendary items you can only get from there but its random which of those drops.
  4. Majicou Retired Staff

XP:
    96,540xp
    For the loot instead of the legendaries?

Static legendaries brought all the traffic to the same dungeon. For you as collector I understand that you feel that nonsense, but a regular player venturing should be rewarded equally for a different type/format of challenge. Mazes, waves fights, parkour - what suits you better for an useful weapon/item along with the same number/type of loot chests, both holding a randomized reward.

There are not enough legendaries anyway to have one for each dungeon. And no, I am not putting the old ones back if their usefulness is either be abused until removal or be stored and forgotten into an alt. The ones left are mostly useful PvE items, and so far I have yet to see a suggestion easy to understand for players, not needing extreme coding and be the correct mix of being useful without enough power/room to be abusable.

Which dungeons you are talking about specifically? You are bound to find some dungeon easier than others, as it depends where your abilities lies (combat, parkour, etc).

That's a perk of being an elite dungeon!
    Ovion96 likes this.
  5. Lil_Jeffy_com Platinum

XP:
    897,183xp
    Well were not getting anywhere in minez if we dont know the legendaries if each dungeon is random we dont know the legendaries but maze of tenth is not random why that than?
  6. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    Because it's currently MUCH easier than other dungeons, so it's changed to stop people easily farming legendaries.
    dancookson14 likes this.
  7. FireKnight1483 Platinum

XP:
    948,262xp
    Well, I went to Ghost Fleet and Maze of the Tenth yesterday and got the same legendaries and about the same amount of dungeon_out chests. I was kinda annoyed by that, since Maze of the Tenth is widely credited as an easy dungeon, while Ghost Fleet is a HARD dungeon (timed parkour, wave room with zombies and silverfish, etc.). I do agree that a change should be made. I think a good start would be to tier legendaries based on dungeon difficulty. There could be a system where smaller legendaries (Void Bow, Helmet of Vision, etc.) were in easier dungeons, medium legendaries (Lone Sword, Heal Bow, etc.) were in medium difficulty dungeons, and really valuable legendaries (Shotbow, Zombie Bow, etc.) would be in hard dungeons. Of course, this is just my opinion on the matter
  8. rollednetlib Regular Member

XP:
    30,039xp
    I was tempted to make this post once I found out about dungeon legionaries.

I do NOT agree with random legionaries. Even with the distinction between the low tiered (vision helmet dungeons), mid tier and elite dungeons.

It makes dungeons only distinguishable by the difficulty ( and the low,mid, and elite dungeons), making them into dreadful puzzles that may disapoint you at the end. Before you could look forward to the rare legendary that none of your friends had. And there was the adventure of going after that one legendary you have been traveling across the map with your trio of friends fighting off the undead and bandits who cross your path.

Post Script
    In my personal opinion I really miss the old dungeon loot, I felt that the type of loot gave a definition to the dungeon and made it more fun.
  9. guy762 Gold

XP:
    51,631xp
    Because it's about the journey, not the destination.
    Majicou likes this.
  10. Majicou Retired Staff

XP:
    96,540xp
    Maze of Tenth and Ghost Fleet have a way different set of chests.

The idea though is very intriguing, I'll think about it. Thank you.

Ahah, one like for you!
  11. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    Another plus side to having designated legendaries, is that their theme can be more specific to the dungeon they're found in, which is a nice touch :3
    IvanDoomy likes this.
  12. Monkadude15 Platinum

XP:
    17,918xp
    My friend got a Shotbow at Cole Castle, but since he wasn’t registered to Shotow.net, it disappeared....
  13. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    I don't think it works like that...
  14. Monkadude15 Platinum

XP:
    17,918xp
    No i’m serious
  15. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    How does it relate at all to the fact that he wasn't registered?
  16. Monkadude15 Platinum

XP:
    17,918xp
    i don’t know, he just said that it disappeared.
  17. boogaert Emerald

XP:
    84,545xp
    Just a thought on dungeons - no dungeon should solely rely on a puzzle/maze as it's hardest factor, as people will figure it out then it will be too easy
  18. GuigaWei Platinum

XP:
    578,041xp
    I always found that to be annoying, but of course sunken library is the exception to that rule.

Back to the topic, I really dislike this "legendary item rotation" for many reasons.
    1. They can be found in almost any dungeon worthy of being called medium by anyone, and possibly even easy by some experienced players. Yes, people have different preferences, but dungeon difficulty can be manipulated by simply coming prepared. If it has an overwhelming amount of mobs, bring friends and good gear, and if it has traps, find someone who knows the whole dungeon. Each dungeon should then have their reward based on difficulty alone because chances are, even if someone is bad at a particular segment of a dungeon, they can plan accordingly.
    2. Legendary items in my opinion, are legendary because there can be only one of them in a particular place, rather than finding them everywhere. If the rotation stays for the rest of minez, change them to "Historic Weapons" and call the elite dungeon loot legendary. These random legendaries are no longer unique to a location making them almost worthless, even more worthless than the legendaries before that people bashed around for being bad (overkill, sacrificial sword, etc.) No longer can you show someone a Heal Bow and have them know that you survived lorfaul mines. The rotation is a waste of MineZ history where legendaries were known for being rewarded to the player for trying new dungeons and as a huge milestone in their MineZ learning journey.
    3. All legendaries are put into the hands of anyone and everyone. You can do maze of the tenth or any easy-medium dungeon and have an opportunity to gain any legendary available to a player, excluding the elite dungeons. This means that to get a legendary you want, you can replay the same dungeon on different servers and receive as many as you want. The traditional style makes it to where the legendary items obtained in easy dungeons have a keepsake value rather than major. Each of the new legendary items can provide an edge to both pve and pvp situations for every player that has a mild knowledge of dungeons. The ONLY dungeons that you can do to get unique, worthwhile legendaries not available for most other players is by joining a team and surviving and elite dungeon. This can cause many problems and forces people to work together to obtain an item, and joining a huge team might not even get you the item, as most YouTubers and hosts take the legendaries for themselves even if they die, making all methods of joining for obtaining the items worthless. Even dungeons like Ghost Fleet, Byesford Labs, and Sunken Library, are ruined for the lack of unique reward they used to give you. What is the point now of risking your life for loot someone could get for a dungeon you can 100% survive. Byesford is my favorite dungeon, and the only thing there is The Cures. The only value is their renamed status, which makes them worthless. If the answer truly is the journey is the part that is worth more than the destination, then why did I not have as much fun when I beat the dungeon and found out about this. (and of course the lack of danger from pigmen in the last two rooms).
    That is all I have to say, I'll continue doing fun dungeons, but this gave me more of a reason to never do some dungeons ever again. (Fire Spire, Floating Islands, Red Demon Temple, etc.)
    JTGangsterLP6 and Hankerzzz like this.
  19. Wingdude100 Platinum

XP:
    19,699xp
    Here's my legendary suggestion! The Cannibal Tooth: A golden sword with Sharpness 1. Killing a zombie will give it a chance to drop raw beef, with a small (and I mean SMALL) chance to drop a cooked steak. Simple description, simple code, pretty balanced. (I think)
  20. Mychon Obsidian

XP:
    106,374xp
    Anyways, Nobody cares about the dungeon_out chests if they completed a dungeon because in the dungeon, you might die, you might lose potions, The point is that you will lose more than you get. If a dungeon has a specific legandary, You will do the dungeon because you can only get the legandary at that location, Being a collector SUCKS now. i think 10 / 5% of all players are collectors, and the game is almost completely ruined for them

You should still be able to pick up specific legandary's in your journey, and than you can tell what you have reached in your journey
    JTGangsterLP6 likes this.