1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion I don't understand why there isn't more Coastal

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Punisher5665, Jul 28, 2015.

Discussion - I don't understand why there isn't more Coastal
  1. Punisher5665 Gold

XP:
    18,379xp
    Wouldn't you want to keep the top favorite maps playing more often rather than push new maps that don't have a lot of support?

I'm sure this has come up a lot, and I've seen it in the past come up but it really shouldn't even be an argument that the more popular maps should in the votes for new games.
    LoopTV, DaFunk and Flakit5Fire like this.

2. KytanApprentice Silver

XP:
    66,604xp
    No. Coastal crowding out new maps so they can't gain traction is already a problem, and doing this would make it worse.
  3. Punisher5665 Gold

XP:
    18,379xp
    New maps aren't gaining traction because everyone wants to play Coastal or other popular maps. Why kill a working map that everyone likes
  4. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    Why kill a working map altogether? Just because new maps aren't as popular doesn't mean no one wants to play it! And not everyone wants to just play Coastal. There are many people who want to see variety, not the same thing over and over. That's what kills things.
  5. SocomX1 Retired Staff

XP:
    293,866xp
    What do you mean "you don't understand why there isn't more Coastal"? It's got the exact same chance to show up as every other map does. Keep in mind that while coastal is one of the most popular maps, that does not mean it is everyone's favorite.
  6. GopherAsassain Platinum

XP:
    298,391xp
    I dont like coastal so your statement is false.
  7. Kabryxis Gold

XP:
    69,256xp
    Imagine only playing Coastal 24/7. This may sound amazing now, but after a while it WOULD get annoying even for the other people, otherwise how else would more maps have been added? Other maps force you to take a break from the popular maps, or else they wouldn't be as popular.
    Shady_Oak likes this.
  8. FireBall__ Regular Member

XP:
    57,510xp
    I agree with you.
  9. Canadian_moose Gold

XP:
    19,768xp
    Scout is really popular so we should just give it to everyone and remove all the unpopular classes.
  10. DoxNotch Platinum

XP:
    23,822xp
    If there is no Nuketown learn to play Hanoi. Learn Villa, or Summit. Be fluid, and adapt to your surroundings. Be water, my son.
  11. GopherAsassain Platinum

XP:
    298,391xp
    Hanoi is garbage though
  12. JackMasterMind Regular Member

XP:
    64,408xp
    Are you kidding me???? there is almost always a coastal to join, and if not theres competitive open its just coastal with 2 teams.
  13. Succsting Platinum

XP:
    27,991xp
  14. C13H16ClNOAddict Platinum

XP:
    280,021xp
    Playing Coastal every time...

Are you... programmed... to do this?

D-do... do you not... love... me?

DO YOU THINK I AM OBSOLETE?

Yeah, no. I dislike Coastal. I guess people like you want the ol' "bedrock-wall-Coastal," eh?
  15. Semific Platinum

XP:
    754,094xp
    that blops1 reference made me jelly
  16. MacWasPvp Platinum

XP:
    206,412xp
    Why doesn't Mojang have just ONE Minecraft server with a selection of only ONE server's minigames? Why don't we all eat pizza? Why are there a range of classes? Why use Bowser in Mario Kart when everyone uses Mario? Why--

Ok, you get the point, that yours is invalid.

OOOOOH

le big burn.
  17. Receptiive Regular Member

XP:
    23,182xp
    this is stupid considering the fact that if there was more of these popular maps than shotbow would be as popular as it was. Your argument is true but if there was an option at all times alongside the other maps, than everyone would be happy.
  18. Shady_Oak Regular Member

XP:
    37,428xp
    BUT IM ONLY GOOD BECAUSE I KNOW THE SPAWNS
  19. Sparxsis Regular Member

XP:
    11,103xp
    They aren't killing anything, you're suggesting they push one map, because it's the most popular, take the amount of players who favor Coastal, versus all players who prefer other maps, the numbers are significant enough, that if Coastal was pushed, the game would lose traction, and things would get old & stale for players who favor other maps/want something new. And you can't cut the most favored map for obvious reasons, because then you lose the original group of players who yearn for what they consider to be the "classic" map.