1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Why is lag censored?

Discussion in 'Death by Void' started by kaiomann, Dec 18, 2014.

Why is lag censored?
  1. kaiomann Gold

XP:
    63,790xp
    It's just completely unnecessary. Someone asks why they get kicked, I tell them "You probably were lagging" and it gets changed to "You probably were wow" or some shit. It just completely messes up your writing and even stops you from explaining/helping others.
    //rantend

2. MrPuck123 Regular Member

XP:
    16,908xp
    lol so when I say lag it say shit like
    Wow
    Amazing
    Good
    Cool
  3. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
  4. Deadspeck Mini Builder

XP:
    122,129xp
    im wowing soo much that this game is just full of amazing
  5. Sam_F_ Gold

XP:
    637,792xp
    It's been this way for a while, I'm glad we've finally got around to talking about it.
  6. ImbC DBV Lead Admin

XP:
    1,337,351xp

People have been talking about it for ages, it got removed form the major gamemodes but the minor ones still have it.
  7. cmptrguy436 Platinum

XP:
    56,480xp
    Because shotbow has very limited support for the smaller gamemodes.
  8. ImbC DBV Lead Admin

XP:
    1,337,351xp
    I know that
  9. Aamaranthine Silver

XP:
    100,592xp
    What has already been said. It is quite a silly thing especially in this gameplay. First, if the server is laggy, I don't need to stat the obvious, I simply logout and come back later when there are nearly no people. The only reason I would use this word is answering some scared guy being kicked for "hacks". You could normally say: Hey you were probably lagging man - either your comp or connection, don't worry about it. But you will most likely go crazy instead trying to explain the word lag first...
    I really don't see reason why it shouldn't be removed here.
  10. Sam_F_ Gold

XP:
    637,792xp
    However much of a hypocrite I am, and however much I "frown upon" the process of "frowning upon" "necros", this is still one.
    Lock request? or is this still a problem and we should be glad the thread about it is back? or what?
  11. Andy0132 Regular Member

XP:
    39,110xp
    It's been here since november or december. It's still prevalent in the lobby, as well as minor gamemodes.
  12. SnowblindGhost Emerald

XP:
    130,895xp
    One time someone said on Vadact "This server is so incredible." I laughed. :stuck_out_tongue:
  13. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    It wasn't me
  14. DumbdogFaShizzle Regular Member

XP:
    50,253xp
    Isn't lag censored because of how people would just say that they were lagging and start to trash talk other players because they lost?
  15. Sam_F_ Gold

XP:
    637,792xp
    Could possibly be, but it was removed from all the other gamemodes as they realized that it didn't make sense -- that people are going to get around the censoring (with good reason), so it just serves as an annoyance. They just haven't gotten around to removing it from DBV yet :stuck_out_tongue: