1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other This guy is the new lead annihilation admin

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by PedroPwnage, Jan 27, 2015.

Other - This guy is the new lead annihilation admin | Page 2
  1. Vegan_Atheist Platinum

XP:
    227,076xp
    I hope and pray to the FSM that he will be able to add more anni admins. Ever since they added their staff application, I haven't seen anybody who isn't connected to Team Phoenix being promoted to anni admin. I really hope this change of leadership really produces some actual changes.

2. StormAerospace Platinum

XP:
    300,330xp
    And the annihilation admins that DO talk on forums and the shoutbox get criticized for talking too much and not working.

The silent ones are often the most productive. Highlife almost NEVER posts threads, and neither does lazertester - notice how one continues to upkeep a server network with at least a hundred servers by now, and the other single-handedly developed several gamemodes and maintains them to this day. Every sentence he types into this forum could be another several lines of code towards the latest development project.

As for gizcow, I'm really glad we have him as our lead Annihilation admin. We used to feud over strength 2 back in the day. You really get to know someone when you argue with them head on. Good times.
    cheaka_king likes this.
  3. Clim Emerald

XP:
    658,110xp
    it doesn't seem that your are that active in the forums. Adkins were not allowed to play on their mains, they obviously catch hackers in vanish and don't have that much time to play and do their work. They're really active, but more in the background
  4. Balance Platinum

XP:
    25,218xp
    I'm not saying gizcow isn't active as an anni admin, I'm saying instead of just being a guy who bans cheaters, he should push out changes to the gamemode.
  5. Clim Emerald

XP:
    658,110xp
    I don't think it's his task. His purpose is to train more anni admins and keep the servers clean from hackers. Imo developers have to push out new updates, but he could interact a bit more with the community as you said before (what he currently does) and think about some good and usefull changes with us together.
  6. turbo_monk Gold

XP:
    18,123xp
    And I've seen players get banned and Admins do their jobs well, for sure. I'm just saying in some cases they aren't there. Apologies if my post sounded like a complaint of their activity. Also, I came back to the Forums after several month break about a week or so ago. :)
  7. ShaneandRyan Platinum

XP:
    300,253xp
    I believe Pedro specifically wants Gizcow to have more power/more say in Annihilation's development than he does now. We trust Gizcow's judgement and would like to see him calling the shots. We understand what his current responsibilities are.
  8. Friend1908 Regular Member

XP:
    48,998xp
    Back when I was disinterested in the forums there was a time I literally only read threads that Gizcow wrote. His ideas were always great and well thought out. I'd love to see him reconnect as he put it with the community! (I'm not trying to say he's inactive, he's simply doing different things right now)
  9. SocomX1 Retired Staff

XP:
    293,866xp
    I realize that giz has already posted a reply himself, but I'm also going to voice my own opinion.
    This is disgusting. This, even more than a post purely consisting of threats and insults, is completely disgusting. Ever since his addition to the full staff team, giz has done nothing but contribute dozens and dozens (more than likely hundreds) of hours of his time to removing cheaters, providing input on staff discussions, and recently, taking over the position of Annihilation admin team lead- but apparently, none of that matters because from your point of view, he doesn't interact with the community the same way he used to. That's disgraceful. We've got visible admins, and we've got the background admins. You do not reserve the right to state that one is better or more important than the other.
  10. 55trixton55 Platinum

XP:
    17,584xp
    I jsut saw 3 anni admins in game with in 5 minutes, so I want to thank you guys for having admins patrolling games.
    Davidss10001 likes this.
  11. ShaneandRyan Platinum

XP:
    300,253xp
    I don't think anyone is saying he isn't doing anything or isn't living up to the expectations of his positions. We are merely asking him to be an active and visible forum member again. Because honestly, we miss him. Nobody is insulting him. We simply like him and respect his judgement.
    a2A209_ and Davidss10001 like this.
  12. SocomX1 Retired Staff

XP:
    293,866xp
  13. aysharapov Guest

XP:
    xp
    Honestly Gizcow tries his best but never postes it, im sure he will make all the hackers go away and make the Anni Admin Team the best, just wait, the best is about to come :)
  14. emacs_ Platinum

XP:
    577,095xp
    Ah, Annihilation Admins. Just the other day, I was playing with an Annihilation Admin (forgot his name, started with a H I believe.). So, one player asked him "What are the chances of you reporting someone and them being banned." The admin responded - "Very High." Then, I'm like. Bruh. Obviously, that's almost the complete opposite. Anni Admins will do anything, eh? (not trying to hate on em)
  15. Balance Platinum

XP:
    25,218xp
    "Ever since his promotion to admin he really has become a silent community member and he has been more behind the scenes." - Way to misunderstand me
    I'm saying a head admin of a gamemode should be a visible admin. Your misquote is what was disgusting. I'm not insulting him, I just miss an old friend's presence and other people feel the same way (Zentz01) I wanted an actual anni player to represent us instead of a behind the scenes admin. And I'm giving myself the right to say that admins with a visible presence are more important
  16. Balance Platinum

XP:
    25,218xp
    Gizcow doesn't code, he leaves that to the devs. I think a presence as the lead admin of the server is important, which is why I value that gizcow responded.
  17. SocomX1 Retired Staff

XP:
    293,866xp
    You explicitly said in your post that he gizcow does not contribute to the community in any way- which will not be tolerated.
  18. StormAerospace Platinum

XP:
    300,330xp
    It was an analogy.
  19. ShaneandRyan Platinum

XP:
    300,253xp
    I think you are reading into that one sentence a little too much and not the post as a whole. Community could have a multitude of meanings. It is clear that Pedro likes Gizcow and has a lot of respect for him. We all do. We simply want him to be a more visible, vocal part of the community and have large influence in Annihilation's development.

Edit: This is unrelated to my post above. A consequence of working behind the scenes with no transparency is that you cannot expect us to know how much a person does and what they do. For example, when I look at the staff list , 85% of them I have not seen nor heard of in over a year. No idea if they are still volunteering or gone.
  20. schiindler Retired Staff

XP:
    214,332xp
    Just wondering, would staff apps for positions ever become open to us that's are younger than 18? I don't see the big deal with requiring you to be 18+. Some people might have the same qualifications - even better - than existing Admins, they just might not be known.

Also, regarding what was said about admins never speaking on the forums besides in posts about them or announcements, they have to be extremely careful of what they say. What may be taken for a grain of salt (or rice, whatever the saying is :stuck_out_tongue: ) can be taken for so much more to someone else, and it really isn't worth their time to spark controversy like that. It also isn't really in their allowing time frame, between their network responsibilities and life.