1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other This guy is the new lead annihilation admin

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by PedroPwnage, Jan 27, 2015.

Other - This guy is the new lead annihilation admin
  1. Balance Platinum

XP:
    25,218xp
    Gizcow used to be one of the most prominent anni forum frequenters. He used to be a cool guy, represented the community, even started some flame wars. Fought against strength II and splash strength more than anyone. Ever since his promotion to admin he really has become a silent community member and he has been more behind the scenes (If anything) He has ceased to contribute at all to this community. He completely lost that persona of someone who cared about the game and contributed to annihilations growth.

So gizcow, please. Start being an active community member again. Stop with the large updates and push out small things slowly that people suggest and actually like. Host an anni tournament. Give yourself some power. Make yourself known. Be the gizcow that I used to know and love.

Sorry for spelling on my phone

2. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    Pedro is suddenly active again... just what?
  3. Balance Platinum

XP:
    25,218xp
    Im not active lol
  4. turbo_monk Gold

XP:
    18,123xp
    What I've noticed, unfortunately, is that I see certain players that are Forum built, and probably could take on the job, and are active, less than I do AnniAdmins. Now I've played Annihilation for a while now, and I swear I've seen more Admins than AnniAdmins. AnniAdmins should not only be hired because they are mature and good natured, but because they are active in their respective game. I saw Maggie in more GhostCraft than Annihilation, even when she was actively AnniAdmin. Not saying the AnniAdmins can't play other games, but they need to understand Annihilation is probably one of ShotBow's largest games, and that these AnniAdmins need to stay on their feet to keep the community going.

Then again, it may be a stressful job to moderate such a growing gamemode. I would personally love it, but this also gives me the false idea that everyone dreams of being an AnniAdmin. Last time I saw Giz, he didn't have a AnniAdmin rank next to his name, which I don't know if that's a huge thing, or he may have decided to bail or just hasn't gotten the Prefix yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish best luck to Giz, as he was such an amazing member that the community loves! Hope he replies to this thread.
  5. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    I remember Gizcow, he contributed alot to the community if I remember correctly, then as soon as he became a mod he disappeared...His youtube channel died too.
  6. Madrisss Regular Member

XP:
    7,775xp
    Sure it is stressful, being an anniadmins also mean responsability
    I don´t know him, but I know what it feel like to be a moderator or an admin of a server with 100 player and it´s already kinds of difficult to bear so imagine when you have thousands of players. It´s just insane and they need to take some breaks.
    If he´s so implicated in the development of anni like you said he will post here for sure
  7. Gizcow Retired Staff

XP:
    143,596xp
    I may not be posting on the forums as often as I used to, but I can assure you that I still care (very much) about the state of Annihilation. I'm very active behind the scenes, focusing on expanding the Annihilation Admin team and banning cheaters. Chatting on the forums is always fun, but I simply don't prioritize it in my schedule so it ends up being reserved for forum moderation.

That being said, I am definitely going to work on re-connecting with the community as a whole. Just because I'm busy doesn't mean I can't pop in from time to time, right? Give me a chance to catch up with all of my responsibilities and I promise you'll see me around more often.

In regards to updates - those mainly fall on the shoulders of the developers. I lead the team of Annihilation Admins, not all of Annihilation itself.
    The developers do their best to create updates for the community to enjoy, and appreciate feedback/suggestions.

Also - the bit you said about Maggie is quite inaccurate, so I kindly removed the assumptions you made. I didn't do this to silence your opinion, I did this because most of what you said is completely false and paints Maggie in a very poor light when she deserves much, much better.
  8. 55trixton55 Platinum

XP:
    17,584xp
    Just curious, do you have to be 18 to become a mini admin? It would be cool to see some popular people become game moderators or something.
  9. Gizcow Retired Staff

XP:
    143,596xp
    You need to be eighteen to apply, but if you are hand-picked by the staff team there is no age requirement.
  10. Madrisss Regular Member

XP:
    7,775xp
    do you make an annoucement when you recruit some people ? And do you have age requirement for moderators (not admins) ?

(I wish I could know you better than now)
  11. ZentzVB Platinum

XP:
    22,641xp
    All I see staff respond to is something someone made about them (this thread) or to tell someone off. Maybe people would like staff more if 9/10 of them didn't just sit in the mumble and not talk to anyone but other staff.
  12. Gizcow Retired Staff

XP:
    143,596xp
    Navarr has been posting weekly changelogs for Shotbow, and they will definitely include information on who got promoted.
    Additionally, the 'Meet the Anni Admin' page is updated every time we get new members so you can check that thread every once in a while.

Community interaction is definitely something we want to improve. In fact, the Annihilation Admins were recently cleared to play on their main accounts, so perhaps you'll see one from time to time. It's quite difficult to avoid a thread when it's made about you, haha. I will definitely work on posting elsewhere in addition to this thread, though. Consider me inspired!
  13. 55trixton55 Platinum

XP:
    17,584xp
    Aight, thanks.
  14. DrPyro Gold

XP:
    23,751xp
    Aww... guess, I'll have to wait another 2 years to apply for forum moderator. :/
  15. 55trixton55 Platinum

XP:
    17,584xp
    Same... atleast I can stay busy by driving!
    Friend1908 likes this.
  16. jessenorton Platinum

XP:
    384,179xp
    if it's inaccurate, then what's the big deal about removing it since the people who'd care about it enough would know the truth anyways :)
  17. 55trixton55 Platinum

XP:
    17,584xp
    Because there's always that one person who read the first post only and believes it.
  18. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    Because it was basically insulting her?
  19. Gizcow Retired Staff

XP:
    143,596xp
    False - and negative - generalizations are never a good thing, and I don't want em circulating around the forums.
  20. Balance Platinum

XP:
    25,218xp
    Well they circulate around teamspeaks much more than the forums. and LOL at removing the link to ur own thread. As someone who plays HCF, the community and administration is much different there. Admins don't suppress people's opinions as much(no matter how wrong), but I guess thats the difference between monarchy and democracy haha. I don't exactly remember what I said (that you removed), but I also meant to say that maggie is a really nice and sweet person, and probably did her job well. But IMO the lead anni admin should be much more than just banning cheaters.

I knew the job of an anni admin was to record hackers reported from players, but I had no idea what the lead admin role was. Thanks for explaining what the lead anni admin does.

From what I understand there is a heavy disconnect between developers and anni admins, which you sort of hinted at. As lead anni admin, your opinion should have an impact on the game, and it shouldn't just be left up "to the developers". Tell them what to do! Tell them what we want and need and push it out in small updates, not large ones. You seem so limited in power, leading over a small group of mini admins, when you should be leading over the game.

IMO anni admins should have enough power to set up the sandbox server, and run some fun event anni games. That server has been dead for a long time.
    a2A209_, ShaneandRyan and asdfca like this.