1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

The Weekly Arrow (Changes for the week of January 18, 2015)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Navarr, Jan 25, 2015.

The Weekly Arrow (Changes for the week of January 18, 2015) | Page 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roel_LP Retired Staff

XP:
    10,417xp
    It's play time!
    Doing duties aswell ofcourse, I will keep them at the same level as now. x)

2. Meifot Gold

XP:
    219,469xp
    :D weekly updates are back
    LittleFlo8311 likes this.
  3. SandblastPvP Gold

XP:
    14,680xp
  4. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp
    Alittle depressing to see shotbow games going, aswell as a few other projects canceled, but I guess this is the start to a great new year. With these games out of the way, I'm glad to see focusing on other gamemodes, however is there any new gamemode being worked on? Let's see how shotbow goes in 2015. :)

PS: Let's do some work on the old gamemode that brought shotbow to life. MineZ
  5. Darth_NihilusVII Regular Member

XP:
    15,153xp
    yeah, PlanetMinecraft doesn't work anymore, nor does this link. This is probably only affected by me, but I get Servers Are Down everytime i go on PlanetMinecraft.
  6. j0rgito Emerald

XP:
    99,261xp
    Minez is still Fun its just the hackers ;-;
  7. 157C Obsidian

XP:
    53,196xp
    Question: If a staff member is casually playing a game, say Annihilation for example, and they KNOW FOR A FACT, that someone is hacking, are they allowed to apply a punishment to that player, or are they only allowed to play?
    Sam_F_Da_B0ss likes this.
  8. Sam_F_ Gold

XP:
    637,792xp
    I doubt that many staff are going to play at any rate, because of all the nubs that just want a screen of a kill message for their signature, but it's still a pretty good question.

Here's my question: Could we get another mini-update for SMASH? There are a few widely supported community maps (see signature) that could stand to be implemented, or at least critiqued by staff that have the power to do so. (I KNOW how many things the staff are trying to do currently -- making name changes work is very important -- but I was told that Kensai was free and could do it)
    Here's hoping they don't break everything :lmao:

On an unrelated note, this was another great Weekly Arrow :D Thanks for posting in Announcements, it's much easier to see.

Like Mistriman, I'd be quite willing to make a picture for this if you want one :stuck_out_tongue:
    devan10100 likes this.
  9. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp
    They wouldn't be allowed to ban them while playing, but they could have another admin that isn't playing watch and ban the hacker.
  10. darkperl Platinum

XP:
    194,119xp
    Please add back "Church" to ghost craft. My all time favorite map. Sanctuary was right up there with church ty for adding it back
    157C likes this.
  11. CoastinJosh Platinum

XP:
    3,056,817xp
    Out of everyone on shotbow lazer is the most competent, I have no doubt he can turn shotbow around and move towards the right direction, his first goal should hopefully be getting anni back on the right track and out of the nightmare it's currently in.
    Wunderpus, 157C and jessenorton like this.
  12. j0rgito Emerald

XP:
    99,261xp
    What do you mean by nightmare? the hackers or Update?
  13. 157C Obsidian

XP:
    53,196xp

That's what I thought, thanks :)

He probably means the hackers, I think Anni 1.6 is awesome, except for the new Assassin, the new Assassin sucks, but that's just my opinion.
  14. CoastinJosh Platinum

XP:
    3,056,817xp
    yes
    jessenorton likes this.
  15. CoastinJosh Platinum

XP:
    3,056,817xp
    I agree with your opinion on assassin, for me it's a bit more then that, (besides the hackers) allot of the classes were ruined, the wither is a joke. Overall I feel they changed too much and its not the same gameplay, I understand some people like the new gameplay compared to the old version, me personally I think the gameplay was much better prior to the update. It had it's problems and definitely needed some fixes but I don't think this update was the answer. I honestly wish aet and vaecon would have left it alone and waited for [Head Developer] Lazertester to come back before making such big decisions on shotbows most popular gamemode. I'm really glad he is back now and I am no longer hopeless about shotbows future.
    Just a side note: I respect and understand anyone who disagrees with what i have said, As someone who has played MineZ 1 since week (before shotbow was even shotbow) and anni since the beginning, This is just my opinion... if it even matters
  16. 8_Bit_Hero Retired Staff

XP:
    15,607xp
    I looked through all available SMASH maps at the time I did the update and none were up to part with what we are looking for. I know I spoke with the creator of Terminal and gave them feedback via chat. I'll be happy to go leave some feedback in those threads though.

That said, there is another Mini-SMASH update incoming, and possibly another after that. Adam has been hard at work of multiple projects however I did peek at his notes this morning and saw a good 4 or 5 long-time standing SMASH bugs were resolved but not rolled out to the public yet.
    Sam_F_Da_B0ss likes this.
  17. LittleFlo8311 Platinum

XP:
    218,587xp
  18. ShaneandRyan Platinum

XP:
    300,253xp
    I'm glad to see that staff is allowed to play on their mains. I believe that it will go a long way to improving relations between staff and the community. Hopefully y'all don't get bombarded by "stop playing and do your damn job blah blah blah."

Edit: you guys are going to get targeted so hard though. :lmao:
  19. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    I'll just give you the full image, you can crop it.

[IMG]
  20. Aoife Retired Staff

XP:
    98,228xp
    I'd say that the one fatal flaw with this opinion is that it assumes the update was done without lazer's approval.

That said, on another note, hooray for new weekly arrows! :D
    157C likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.