1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion We need a MineZ2 Reverb

Discussion in 'MineZ 2' started by atheil, Jan 13, 2015.

Discussion - We need a MineZ2 Reverb
  1. atheil Platinum

XP:
    28,991xp
    Hey guys!

Just a few things that I think could help grow the MineZ2 population.

MineZ2 has dropped to a steady amount of people, but it seems sort of empty now.

I think that because it has become a grind game mode, some people just quit. However, these people should realize that the grind doesn't actually change the gameplay a whole lot. Armorsmith does not actually change pvp by very much. Quest rep is only really good for houses. Houses can be replaced by alts to store things. The point is that people who think this game is grindy, should play the game in their own style, if they still enjoy it, because truth be told, the stuff you get from grinding makes little difference in say a pvp situation.

Now another big point is the amount of updates that have happened. There haven't been many recently. Now I realize Lazer is busy, so I don't put blame on him, but just saying, updates are what makes people come back. New dungeons, etc would be great to revive some awesome MineZ2 players to play some more.

Third thing is advertising. I mean I don't really know how much advertising shot bow really could do, probably none outside of the network, which is understandable. But maybe we could all help the MineZ2 population decline, and offer our friends from other servers, or maybe even from real life to come play this unique game mode. Who knows? They may become hooked on it too

I'll open it up to discussion.
    Do you think MineZ2 has enough people?
    Can you help the community grow?

Please don't flame, I ENJOY constructive criticism

2. Arasai Platinum

XP:
    246,754xp
    Wise words from a wise player. HEED THEM SHOTBOW
  3. MangoSmoothies Emerald

XP:
    489,769xp
    Rep: i don't like it, too grindy.
    Houses: provide a huge bonus if you're a dick in a certain area, cuz you and your buddies can run over to your house after you were looking to club some leathers and you got beat in pvp.

Houses: also grindy as fuck

too grindy in general...
    sure it doesn't change gameplay, but it shouldn't encourage grinding...

Having all the swords separate ( for prof) is just stupid in my opinion, same with all axes/picks.
  4. jonhydude Regular Member

XP:
    59,390xp
    It's easy to get quest rep from invasions. Really easy. Insanely easy until the change log 5 gets implemented. Shoot one zombie and sit back for half a minute - then farm all that loot those zombies dropped. Get cobwebs and bows for string. Use some chests in the houses to store stuff. Die when a pigman explodes killing a revenant and letting a minion into the house with double damage and have some other pigman explode from the previous modifier to put you down to one health then have your mouse wheel lock up to prevent you from throwing your pots and die, run back, wait for the inasion to be over and then realise that your gear despawned because you were waiting outside of the town for too long.

If that situation doesn't happen to you, you'll be rollin' in the rep.
    atheil likes this.
  5. Stormy Gold

XP:
    74,232xp
    I gave minez2 up a long time ago. It´s to time consuming.
  6. bchaikovsky Silver

XP:
    18,289xp
    Because "Wool".
    Rojema likes this.
  7. xGAJx Regular Member

XP:
    30,207xp
    I quit MineZ-2 because It stopped being fun. It became grind for 4 hours to get full pristine dia sword/pristine iron armor and full pvp kit, then die 10 minutes later in a 4v1. It's not fun getting ganked after spending so long playing the game. In MineZ it was fun because the grind was fair and someone could still have a chance in a 3v1 or 4v1, with sugar and power 2 bows. It wasn't so tanky, and thats what made it work.
    Rojema, Bleaket, 8noremac and 3 others like this.
  8. atheil Platinum

XP:
    28,991xp
    I actually somewhat agree with you here, but also, if your sole point in MineZ2 is to pvp, then you should get a clan, and because there aren't that many people, and there are a lot of places to get iron, you shouldn't have to worry. I never play on pve even when I'm gearing up, because I gear up where nobody knows.
  9. thieveking Regular Member

XP:
    22,993xp
    1. Power II bows do almost no damage to pristine irons

2. Wool/houses in general

3. Armor grind

4. Updates
    Rojema and atheil like this.
  10. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    It might be extremely grindy, but still doesn't explains the lack of players. You know what explains the lack of players? Annihilation is still up. I traveled for a week to enjoy some beaches and relax, but then i came back and saw nothing changed.
  11. NotKaiuu Regular Member

XP:
    40,736xp
    Clans, Grind, Not playing the tutorial, Bad community, Hackers, Murky Water.
  12. LuisHolguin Regular Member

XP:
    13,491xp
    - MineZ2 is shit now.
    - Lazer is the only guy that code the plugins.
    - He is about to have a kid, he will be really busy.. Shotbow won't have more freq. updates, people will leave (like me).. and shotbow is fucked up.
    - Grinding game.
    - Lies (with bug fixes and other stuff)

Want more?
  13. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    Yep, he will have a jr. lazertester to care about. We really need competent developers to take care of Shotbow as one of the server owners resigns.
    atheil likes this.
  14. MrYellowElmo Platinum

XP:
    10,929xp
    They choose the developers at 18 years old, which is conveniently the same time in which a normal person will have zero time to have concern for a Minecraft server and conveniently the same age in which you get to sign a confidentiality contract made under Crappy Content marketing laws and appear to be "responsible", even though a lot of people who are 18 are far from exactly being responsible.

If it was up to me, developer status would be a careful selection and an IQ test to make sure you actually know how to code and isn't a retard.
    SheWantTheDeeman likes this.
  15. SocomX1 Retired Staff

XP:
    293,866xp
    Thankfully it isn't up to you.

We are aware that it would be to our great advantage to acquire more developers, but that process is one that is much more difficult that recruiting even a normal network administrator.
  16. MrYellowElmo Platinum

XP:
    10,929xp
    [IMG]

*spits out drink*

That's sum boooooollssh...
  17. InstantLightning Jr. Developer, Web Mod Lead

XP:
    384,964xp
    How so? The games on shotbow are carefully coded, the code is great its just the game that got stale, I can understand why it would be harder to get developer..
  18. atheil Platinum

XP:
    28,991xp
    well, i don't see how mineZ2 has become stale, I guess I just have a longer attention span than most. It is still a great games without the update, I sort of enjoy the grind, and I am just sad that many people are leaving.
    Flakit5Fire likes this.
  19. Killer531 Regular Member

XP:
    27,463xp
    I think that this is a good time to remind people that the Arena Update was supposed to be released on November 28th and the Dungeons and Gear Update was supposed to be released on December 12th. It's January 14th and the Housing Update isn't even done because it's terribly bugged.
  20. atheil Platinum

XP:
    28,991xp
    Developers have real lives tool, however i agree. I know admins aren't payed but it would be so extraordinary for them to put on events, and such things to keep attracting to shot bow
    Flakit5Fire likes this.