1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Announcement ANNI 1.5 Patch: Its future is up to you.

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Vaecon, Dec 19, 2014.

Announcement - ANNI 1.5 Patch: Its future is up to you. | Page 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlpaXD Platinum

XP:
    99,490xp
    Sorry Vaecon I didn't see that.
    About something else , You guys should put like a super op weapon like back then with golems ( I know about the wither but I didn't like it )

2. Mr_Little_Kitty Silver

XP:
    115,176xp

I really don't see why an such an "all or nothing" approach is necessary. Why do you have to either push this entire update or not do anything at all? Why can't things like new kits, or kit changes be done? I would say kit changes do change a game enough to keep it atleast a little fresh.
    tank414 likes this.
  3. JenadaeX Regular Member

XP:
    25,063xp
    Awwww yeah, ores can be dropped!

I can keep spying in mines. Nothing more painful than being destroyed by a spy when you just hit 64 gold ore ;D

Changed the only things I disliked about the update.

Hoorah
  4. GameRanger Silver

XP:
    13,018xp
    I like the update come on guys the have done all
    this hard work for us.If they shift to a another gamemode
    and suanders is busy with school it will be a long time
    till the next update.

And i didnt like when ores drop it is annoying
    if you mine a ore and someone takes it
  5. DarkPVP03 Platinum

XP:
    163,426xp
    In my opinion a removal of anni 1.5 would be the best. Look at these classes, i can tell the one who thought of these doesnt understand the game. Ur immortal with enchanter, vampire can fly (wtf?!?!) assasin is worthless and succubus gets old assasin other classes get too op (like enchanter, you could nopot with 2enchanters with 100lvls..) the 50second deathtimer just asks for spawnkillers and not losing unenchanted items mean a rush every 5minutes. Shotbow play the game, then think of an update. Removing gapples and focussing on hackers is more then enough for now.
  6. Mersid Regular Member

XP:
    114,574xp
    The inventory changes worry me a slight bit, but I am willing to give it a go.
    Everything else is good.

Just because one thing is bad does not mean everything around it is too. Never forget.
  7. svdragster Retired Staff

XP:
    490,876xp
    At first I disliked the idea of respawn timers, but this is probably the only way to rush with a nerfed strength II.

Everyone wants changes and when changes happen noone wants them.

I definetly want this update.
    Symenn, reedico and Friend1908 like this.
  8. xnx_ Platinum

XP:
    228,305xp
    Stupid shotbow without a dislike button.

I cant really see if this thread is going in the direction of for or against the update, if its against that is completely stupid since vaecon and the others have put alot of work in this update and players such who haven't testing it are ruining it for them and us players.
    Friend1908 likes this.
  9. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,648,301xp
    As I played the 1.5 anni update I just was amazed about all the changes. First all the new class changes, which I can support, every class change. I didnt like the true damage from bloodmage and you fixed it and I think it is a great solution. The vampire got his a old fight in the night feeling back etc.
    The itemdrop thing I dont find it that dramatic.
    But some of my friends were complaining about it but in the other hand they didnt have seen it in game.
    This is why I showed them some gameplay and they said
    that they would try it out by themselves and maybe it isnt that bad. I think minecraft is game about mining and collecting stuff . Why shouldnt everyone mine his iron to kill eachother to get better stuff.
    Lastly I didnt understand the wither thing.
    It works in an other dimension but I couldnt see it all because of some friendly red spawntrappers.
    All in all I loved the time playing it and think that everyone should make his or her own mind. I just enjoyed it.
  10. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    I just want to say again that you should push the update first, then ask the actual players for their opinions, What you see here is not representative of the actual playerbase, you know that right? Because the people who enjoy the game are too damn busy playing it to talk shit. So update it anyways, then make a mandatory poll for actual ingame players that they have to answer in some form to be allowed to play. Just a simple "do you like this update yes/no", and link them to the feedback thread. Because if I logged into some anon server and saw that it changed big, I wouldn't bother voicing my opinion if I didn't know it actually mattered.

Loving how all these people are like "awwww sheeet anni is deaded" and the choice is literally take it or we're giving up.
    Must be an interesting experience to literally pull the trigger on the game you say the admins are killing
    Candlepup, DragonWold, ns456 and 3 others like this.
  11. themaster1357911 Regular Member

XP:
    5,091xp
    While I don't like a few of these changes, I would definately like an update to Anni, however, as some people were saying, it might be nice to have like 1 original Anni server :D
  12. moikka434 Emerald

XP:
    155,423xp
    Could you also make it so that mining iron/gold/etc would not break your tools? Because I like to enchant all of my gear with 30 levels and when my pick breaks it is really annoying to craft a new one as I usually have mined iron enough for exactly full set of iron and iron tools.
  13. FireGuyNL Platinum

XP:
    235,230xp
    I also think tools shouldn't be breakable on ores, only on a nexus.
  14. xnx_ Platinum

XP:
    228,305xp
    Um it doesn't already, if you break any regenerating block you can just right click on the tool to get it back.
    Friend1908 likes this.
  15. FireGuyNL Platinum

XP:
    235,230xp
    It will get removed the regeneration thing.
  16. moikka434 Emerald

XP:
    155,423xp
    I'm talking about Anni 1.5. Tools are taking durability when you are mining ores in Anni 1.5
  17. Demisedulous Gold

XP:
    149,304xp
    The only reason people are complaining about the inventory changes is that they can't just hop in, run to mid with leather and nothing to lose, kill an iron player, and skip gearing up with mining altogether. Any, if all opposition towards the death penalty changes, item loss and respawn timers, are basically all from the VERY vocal minority of people who play Annihilation to team death match.

The new 1.5 update is amazing and very well needed since it addresses many current issues of Annihilation. The only glaring issue is strength potions; even at 170% they're still ridiculously strong. I personally think strength 1/2 should add 2/4 damage and the respawn timers be unskippable. Strength 2 should also only be available from the wither boss. Ship that and see how players adapt.

One note about skippable respawn timers. Leather flooding is so ridiculously powerful. A stone sword alone can easily kill iron players and overwhelm diamond players. Allowing players to respawn immediately and rush in again is way more powerful than respawning with your iron. If you don't believe me, look at teleporter rushing. An incredibly toxic and hard to play against strategy that almost always wins at phase 2.

With the abovementioend strength nerf, players won't need to flood a strength user to win, the defenders can have a chance to take down the rushers and the rushers can have a chance to beat the defenders since the defenders HAVE to wait to respawn.

Finally, to answer your question, there are two types of playstyles in Annihilation: Mine your own armour/gold, teaming together and potion rushing and rushing in with leather and zero risk of losing anything and taking your gear from people who actually play resources. This is a huge problem since the resource gathering players are putting way more time and effort in and are losing it immediately to the risk free leather players.

Annihilation needs this update, don't let anyone tell you otherwise; nobody has even tried it yet. Just consider the underlined suggestions and ship the update anyway. Tweaks can be made if some things don't work out, just PLEASE get this update out there. I'm so sick of being farmed to death by strength 2 and tele rushed to 20 and below nexus health at phase 2/3 that I barely play anymore. It's no fun losing all your gear to someone with nothing to lose. It's no fun being 4 shot to death by str 2 when you have FULL diamond. It's no fun at all having a strength 2 vampire sit in nexus and farm kills for 5 minutes. And it's especially not fun being forced to sit in your nexus fending off unlimited waves of leathers because they have a teleporter 100 blocks above your nexus.
    Candlepup and Friend1908 like this.
  18. SaxaphoneWalrus Retired Staff

XP:
    1,659,853xp

Honestly, the reason I believe a lot of people are against the whole "keep inventory" thing is because of how it stops you from gearing yourself up without having to spend time mining (which if someone mine rushes you you'll now lose anyway. Loss loss, don't you think?) and then it just gets a bit boring.
    When your gear goes up so should your awareness of those around you; If you're a leather who cares if you run head-first at a prot IV diamond guy? You won't lose a thing. But if you're in Iron, you have to be wary - Do you want to lose your gear? Are you sure you can fight those three leathers over there? Or do you want to stick by your team a bit more?

Losing your inventory not only allows for other people to have a chance to get gear in a more enjoyable way, but it also gets a need for teamwork.
    If you rush a nexus solo in iron you're probably going to die, and lose all your gear (unless this keep-inventory thing is added), but if you go in with teammates you have a fighting chance.

The most enjoyable thing in Anni to me right now is being able to fight my way up the gear level, going from a leather in Phase 1 to a diamond in Phase 5 without mining a single ore. Yes, other players may have spent time mining ore to get the armour they have and if everyone was like me then there would be no gear upgrades as nobody would mine, but part of the fun is loss. If you can run around and keep your gear forever, what fun is that? If you have full Protection IV diamond armour and you know you might lose it so you keep a spare set of iron in your inventory for after, that seems a bit cheap to me. And it also takes out the enjoyable qualities that is starting at the bottom every time you die.

Yes, I rambled and repeated myself quite a bit. Sorry about that.
    tl;dr;

- Being able to lose gear makes you more wary of your surroundings, makes a need for teamwork more.
    - Being able to lose gear makes it more enjoyable for those who are getting your gear.
    - Starting with full iron every time you die seems cheap, and not at all Anni-like.
    - The satisfaction of killing for your gear is immense.
    - Sometimes, loss is fun!

ALL IN ALL I think the update should be kept. A few things should be changed (*Ahem, keep-inventory: OFF*), but the update as a whole is NEEDED. Anni is dying, without updates it will wither away (update punz), and die - The players won't stay so why should the gear?

To Adam and Vaecon (and Murg and anyone else who was a part of this update):
    I thank you, all, for your time spent on this.
    You were trying to do the right thing for the gamemode and the community and ended up being told you wasted your time, which I believe you didn't.
    Your ideas may be a bit... new. Maybe even 'odd', but without them Anni will continue to become boring. Old. Dead. Unloved. Another choice of words is Last Man Standing...

I do hope you add this - at least for a few weeks to get the FULL feedback from the community, not only those who use the forums and/or the test server.

Damn I ramble a lot...
    Tdiaz5, Conner526, darien1215 and 8 others like this.
  19. Jyystin1337 Regular Member

XP:
    80,280xp
    I haven't tried the ANNI 1.5 Update yet, but I'm sure I'll like it. I'd say that you guys should just push out the update and let ppl play it for a month and then ask, if they like it.
    Friend1908 likes this.
  20. Thisnamejustfits Regular Member

XP:
    15,765xp
    I think the patch is interesting and it seems a waste to completely reject it without having tried it. It might be easier to grasp the full impacts of changes with as someone said before a trial weekend or something.
    Friend1908 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.