1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Announcement Annihilation 1.5 Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Vaecon, Dec 12, 2014.

Announcement - Annihilation 1.5 Patch Notes | Page 27
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1028rei Platinum

XP:
    290,624xp
    when will annihilation update?

2. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    Before new year's is their aim they said
  3. Alzi Silver

XP:
    27,138xp
    I am beginning to see more and more positive posts about the update in comparison to the initial pages of the thread. Makes me happy. :)
    IH4H likes this.
  4. Jewmuhn Obsidian

XP:
    543,256xp
    Imb4 thread turns to 40 pages of flame
    Alzi102 likes this.
  5. SacredSigh Emerald

XP:
    213,185xp
    Although witch hut might be a good idea,
    I think only the price change of gunpowder is simply good.
  6. ShaneandRyan Platinum

XP:
    300,253xp
    In my opinion, that raises two distinct problems. One, if you are in leather and manage to kill a full iron, you don't get jack shit. And 2, if everybody has iron, then essentially nobody has iron. There is a reason why leather is considered trash. It is because everybody spawns with it. If people spawned naked, leather would be a very nice thing to have.

And it doesn't even help the problem that it is intended to solve. People only get upset when they lose op gear. Now they will only lose op gear.

Also admins have been totally against an enderchest because it takes away teamwork. This is literally a portable enderchest and apparently it won't affect teamwork at all? No that's ridiculous. With this update I'm gonna keep 4037 iron ingots in my inventory all the time. I'll hoard everything I see except of course enchanted armor. I'll just throw that useless shit into the void.

This particular aspect of the update seems to me to be completely devoid of logic.
  7. xnx_ Platinum

XP:
    228,305xp
    At least test it out before making accusation on how it will play out.
  8. ShaneandRyan Platinum

XP:
    300,253xp
    I am trying to. But IMO player behavior on a test server does not equal player behavior in a real game. Just wait till a clan expoits it and starts ending games halfway through phase 2.
    Axle3_Piehunter likes this.
  9. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    cool people on mumble =/= actual players
  10. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    Let me guess...
    DoxNotch likes this.
  11. xnx_ Platinum

XP:
    228,305xp
    So how is keeping non enchanted gear gonna be ending games in phase 2 and since the people who are testing are the people in the clans so i dont see your point on how its that much different.
  12. HopeLessEndLess Gold

XP:
    289xp
    very dynamic update.
    I want to do this update.
    but needn't update in this.
  13. terve886 Silver

XP:
    9,751xp
    I guess that hey should make Instant Health, Poison, Weakness and Instant Damage potions to be automatically splash when you brew them without requiring gunpowder.

I also hope the Engineer would get different kind of buff instead of having ability to break even the strongest wall with ease.
  14. Celariel Platinum

XP:
    256,550xp
    I better get Mumble now so I have a chance of getting into the sandbox when it's testing. :wink:
  15. Yarett Platinum

XP:
    655,301xp
    Death timer solutions: (I think)

1. During voting phase you can use an item to set 'keep inventory on death' ON / OFF. If it is on, you have to wait for the death timer then you respawn with your stuff (Not diamonds, potions, etc). If it is off, you respawn instantly without anything except your soulbound stuff.

2. If you die in your own nexus area, you lose everything and respawn instantly. (This way you can rush down the nexus immediately if someone str rushes you)

Str farming solution: You do not receive xp from killing someone who just respawned (10 seconds)
  16. SnowblindGhost Emerald

XP:
    130,895xp
    [IMG]
    the new class abilities look great

Just kidding :stuck_out_tongue:
    They sound great but yet funky at the same time :confused:
    Reillyrox13 likes this.
  17. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    A few questions... Will Vampire be weaker to Wood Swords than other classes? (That's a joke, but it would make sense, in a twisted sorta way.)

Is there a percentage rate where Engineer will explode after it dies, or will it always explode after death? I've got no problem with that, I'm just wondering.

Final question, is the constant fire arrows for Pyro gone, or is that just not mentioned in the post?
  18. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp

I was the one who pushed so hard on some retention of inventory. I know it is a dramatic change, but when in the design process of a major update you tend to focus on two things: 1) What makes the game fun (i.e. what to improve on) and 2) what makes the game frustrating. So with that in mind, I started to talk to a number of players and staff, many who no longer play annihilation. Now before you bark at me for talking to players who don't play annihilation, it is an important exercise as you need to identify why players no longer play the game. Here is what I found out.

Many players I spoke to had never finished a game of Annihilation. Ever. That is a very telling sign. So digging deeper, I started to realize that while there is a need for a resource grind and a cost of death, the cost at the moment was incredibly high. Really, really high. It was so high that it was not fun for people. So how do we fix this? Massage the difficultly curve slightly with limited resource loss, but maintain the importance of enchanted gear, potions, and diamonds. That is where the original iteration came from.

Now obviously, with such a controversial change, we aren't going to just roll it. This is why Vaecon and Adam are running a number of test matches and gathering feedback. Raw resource drop is a direct result of everyone's feedback, as is the instant respawning with full item loss change. I'm sure there will be even more changes before we all settle on a final iteration. There is also a chance people just don't like it, and removing the mechanic is very easy to do (however, you'll notice those who have played with it are changing their tone).

So all I ask is that you give it a try. It fixed a fundamental flaw of the game for a lot of players. I know it is a dramatic change, but sometimes this much change is good. It can really revitalize the game.

And on one side note -- We've been talking about eventually supporting clans with clan tags and the ability to have smaller 8v8 (two teams) or 8v8v8v8 (four team) competitive matches. With this would come a full clan ranking system and what not. Further - it opens up the idea of having full inventory loss being part of this competitive mode. Look at CSGO as an example. Casual mode starts you with body armor. Competitive doesn't. We could very easily do this to allow all players to better enjoy the game (normal ANNI) and hard core clans enjoy the game in a more competitive environment (competitive ANNI) with full item loss. However, I have a sneaky suspicion that this limited inventory loss system will actually result in better matches, and there may not be a desire for full item drop ever again, even in a smaller competitive clan vs clan mode.

As always - Please keep giving your feedback. You'll notice we are listening to everything you guys are saying. Ultimately, the end result of this patch will be based on your feedback. However, I do ask that you try to get into one of these test matches before rejecting this patch out right. It absolutely WILL change the game, but wait to see if you enjoy it just as much or more before rejecting these changes.
  19. NoSkill_ Gold

XP:
    235,595xp
    I think the inventory dropping and respawn times shouldn't be there i mean whats the point of killing a full iron w/ leather ?? and also Berserker is probably gonna end up being crap. buut i love bosses and i love these legendarys sooo defenetly keep those in . The other classes are cool too!
    keep up the good work and for god sake take out the respawn timer and the limited item dropping pls. Thank you :)

I would have loved to see a couple new classes :( maybe in anni 2.0 right?
    Nikogab22 likes this.
  20. moikka434 Emerald

XP:
    155,423xp
    Just was in the sandbox server:

I'm not sure if the Enchanters levels are working as a hearts. I was 3 shot when I had full iron and 28 levels as a Enchanter.

When using the Assassin's ability, the Assassin does not get his armors back when he hits / is hit by someone, making you really vulnerable to enemies.

The Engineer is currently a bit gamebreaking: ability to instantly break a hole in the defence is just too easy for the rushers to attack, making the building of walls almost useless. Maybe the Engineer could use this kind of buff instead:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.