1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Shotbow TeamSpeak.

Discussion in 'The Network' started by WWII, Oct 14, 2014.

Suggestion - Shotbow TeamSpeak.
  1. WWII Platinum

XP:
    76xp
    I think Shotbow should get a TeamSpeak server more people use TeamSpeak than Mumble.
    I'd love thoughts and hate is welcome.

I didn't want to make a fancy post I just wanted to get to the point.

2. ImZeusMC Platinum

XP:
    30,333xp
    +1
    1structor likes this.
  3. Pikachu8091 Platinum

XP:
    14,247xp
    Shotbow hosts an official Mumble server because it does not leak IPs like TeamSpeak or Skype does. There is an Annihilation-teamspeak (which is found here), but I'm not sure if it still works.
    1structor likes this.
  4. EXIT_FAILURE Silver

XP:
    25,928xp
    Reason why Mumble was chosen for Shotbow instead of Teamspeak 3: TeamSpeak servers can be DDoSed for a long period of time - Mumble servers (I assume) cannot be DDoSed because the address they use can't(?) be pinged in order to fine its true IP Address.
    At least this is what I think.
    1structor likes this.
  5. WWII Platinum

XP:
    76xp
    No it does not work.
  6. vampire_toothy Guest

XP:
    xp
    Using mumble is a better option, mumble does not leak your ip, teamspeak though does, making you more likely to be ddos'ed
    Mumble is also easy to set up
    blaze81 and 1structor like this.
  7. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
    Teamspeak only leaks your IP to server admins...
    It's hidden for other people.

Probably all clans are using teamspeak... I dont know any clan with Mumble.
    I like the suggestion, more people will join a ts, instead of mumble.
    a2A209_, SimplyJorge and 1structor like this.
  8. Mr_Claym0re Platinum

XP:
    41,195xp
    Teamspeak only sends your ip to people with the View_client_remote_address permisson which is server admins only by default.
    a2A209_ and 1structor like this.
  9. vampire_toothy Guest

XP:
    xp
    yes but still, if you know that one of the admins in there hates you...your kinda dead... :/
    a2A209_, 1structor and Reillyrox13 like this.
  10. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
    Admin won't ban you or something like that if he hates you...
    Admins aren't DDOS'ing...
    1structor likes this.
  11. vampire_toothy Guest

XP:
    xp
    thats not the point, teamspeaks info can still be leaked.
    1structor likes this.
  12. WWII Platinum

XP:
    76xp
    I am sure if a TeamSpeak server was put into place not all admins would have access to "God perms" (where you can look at a clients info)

Also I trust all the admins on the server I don't think they would give it away.
  13. vampire_toothy Guest

XP:
    xp
    not by that, the admins would never do that :lmao:, i mean there are computer hackers out there, they could end up hacking the ip list, much like hacking the ips of those who joined a server.
    1structor likes this.
  14. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
    If you really want someone's ip, you can get it...

I could put a banner inside my signature, and get any IP who sees my banner...
    1structor likes this.
  15. JumJumJR Emerald

XP:
    26,401xp
    Shotbow places the safety and privacy of it's players above everything else, and mumble is far more safer than teamspeak. As stated by other users, teamspeak can be DDOSed, and the IP of it's users can be stolen. Mumble may not be as popular as teamspeak, but it's a much safer alternative.
    1structor and vampire_toothy like this.
  16. Mr_Claym0re Platinum

XP:
    41,195xp
    You can ddos a mumble server the same way you ddos a teamspeak server. and the only way for them to get your ip address is through the database which is stored on the host system as a .sqlitedb file. Not accessible for anyone that doesn't have access to the server.
    1structor likes this.
  17. WeepingAngel1995 Platinum

XP:
    3,242xp
    Shotbow doesn't need to be concerned with our own safety. All it needs to be worried about is providing a satisfying gameplay experience. If someone isn't savvy enough to protect themselves then they shouldn't be using the Internet.
    1structor likes this.
  18. JumJumJR Emerald

XP:
    26,401xp
    You are correct. It is the job of the player to be safe while playing internet videogames, but it is also expected of the server to protect its user. Sometimes, there's no way to know if a website/server is malicious. The server/website might not even have any malicious intent, and it could be hacked without anyone knowing.

The point that I'm trying to make is that even if you're 100% internet savvy, there is still a danger when playing an online game. That is why it is the job of the server to maintain a safe environment, as well as the user to mantain his/her own safety. When I join a server for any online game, I expect that I can play, knowing that none of my information will be leaked/sold.
    1structor likes this.
  19. diamond1 Silver

XP:
    36,053xp
    you guys giving people helping information on how to ddos others isn't helping :L

you can never be sure on who is really watching.
    1structor likes this.
  20. j0rgito Emerald

XP:
    99,261xp
    PLZ SO I CAN GET ALL IPS AND DDDDOOOOSSS